rated by 0 users
This post has 65 Replies | 9 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,574
Points 177,993
Marie replied on Wed, Jun 26 2013 9:09 AM

Judy T-Bellingham:
I completed the T Rex top except for borders and stitching to outline the legs and arms and leaves on the trees

Judy, this is just adorable!  What size is it?  How much border would you need to make a crib sized quilt?

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,262
Points 25,745
Elizabeth replied on Wed, Jun 26 2013 9:49 AM

Judy, this is so cute.  So you have enough of the orange you used in the spikes for another border???

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,799
Points 122,990

Marie:
What size is it?  How much border would you need to make a crib sized quilt?

Right now it's 26x31. I would need to add a 5" border all around to bring it up to crib size.  I don't have enough of the blue background for an entire border. I only have a 4x38" piece left. I do have the lighter blue.

Here is one possibility for the border. This is assuming I can find more of the background fabric. Or, the second layout is using the soft yellow, which I have enough of.  (I sure do love having EQ7 to play with!) Thoughts? Ideas? 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 80
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,799
Points 122,990

Elizabeth:

Judy, this is so cute.  So you have enough of the orange you used in the spikes for another border???

I do have enough of the orange. Although I cheated on the spikes. They weren't bright enough so I took an orange crayon and darkened the spikes.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,586
Points 51,800
Ginny replied on Wed, Jun 26 2013 11:23 AM

Terrific quilt Judy,  I favor the darker blue for the borders.   Ginny

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,480
Jacy replied on Wed, Jun 26 2013 11:31 AM

Judy T-Bellingham:
Right now it's 26x31. I would need to add a 5" border all around to bring it up to crib size.  I don't have enough of the blue background for an entire border. I only have a 4x38" piece left. I do have the lighter blue.

Judy, I like the blue for the border. If you don't have enough of the blue you used for the background, just use another blue in a similar shade.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Wed, Jun 26 2013 11:37 AM

Jacy:
Judy, I like the blue for the border. If you don't have enough of the blue you used for the background, just use another blue in a similar shade.

I'll second that!

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,799
Points 122,990

Jacy:

Just got back from the quilt shop and found a blue so close as to be exact enough. Of course, I didn't walk out with just that piece. I got three more fabrics and a pattern book. I was thumbing through it while she was cutting my fabrics and saw this pattern.  My granddaughters 20th birthday is coming up and I just have to make this pillow for her. She loves all things owls. It's from Better Homes and Gardens Bags Pillows and Cushions. I was thinking of doing the applique with wool but I kind of like the ragged edge method used.  I'll need to get my hiney in gear if I want to finish it by the 6th.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,586
Points 51,800
Ginny replied on Wed, Jun 26 2013 1:58 PM

That pillow is cute.  I am sure she will love it.   Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Wed, Jun 26 2013 2:51 PM

That pillow is so cute, Judy.  My mother just loved owls and this would have been perfect for her.  Unfortunately, she passed away almost 8 years ago now, before I was into quilting.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,799
Points 122,990

Karla:

That pillow is so cute, Judy.  My mother just loved owls and this would have been perfect for her.  Unfortunately, she passed away almost 8 years ago now, before I was into quilting.

I see patterns and ideas so often that I think "Oh, mom would have loved this" or "I wish my dad were still alive, he would like that wheelchair quilt".  Even though they aren't here for me to make quilts for them, they are both in my mind nearly every time I sit down at my machine. And it makes me feel good. OK, that's enough, getting teary.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,892
Points 32,810
Roxana replied on Wed, Jun 26 2013 5:45 PM

Judy, I love your quilt top. It's more adorable than her patterns!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 387
Points 7,355

Marie:
What size is it?  How much border would you need to make a crib sized quilt?

(I sure do love having EQ7 to play with!) Thoughts? Ideas? 

Isn't EQ7 great. I prefer the dark blue border. Since this is a child's quilt give it a little extra pop by using EQ7 to model making the center of your pin wheel stars in the outer border either the red of the dino body, or the orange of the dino fins. How does that look?

Denise Smart

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,799
Points 122,990

Denise Smart:
center of your pin wheel stars in the outer border either the red of the dino body, or the orange of the dino fins. How does that look?

Yes, the orange from the dino fins is what I had decided on for the center. But i just tried the red center and think I like that better. Thanks.   The pinwheels themselves will be the yellow print from the dino body spots.

I hope to finish the border tomorrow and maybe quilt it this weekend. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,574
Points 177,993
Marie replied on Wed, Jun 26 2013 10:54 PM

Judy, I like the blue border best.

Millbury, MA

Page 3 of 5 (66 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use