Page 2 of 5 (66 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 65 Replies | 9 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sat, Jun 22 2013 8:20 PM

Judy, I think I would go with the red too.  For the same reasons mentioned earlier...your purple seemed to blend too much with the background fabric.  But, I love purple too!

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,664
Points 120,340

Donna B:
udy, I think I would go with the red too.  For the same reasons mentioned earlier.

I really appreciate the input. I took everyone's advice and cut out the red. Only 200 million more pieces to go! Actually, it's going pretty good. When I start to go cross-eyed I take a break and hug the dog and kiss the hubby.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sat, Jun 22 2013 8:28 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:
Donna, you haven't seen the pattern yet! Not quick quilt I don't think. Lots of small squares, rectangles, tiny HST. No applique, which I'm actually happy about. I just need to be careful labeling all the cut out pieces and keeping them in order. And, using an exact 1/4" seam all the way through. I tend to be sloppy.

Judy I watched the video so was somewhat aware it could be more complicated.  I too am pretty sloppy on my 1/4" seams - but I am working on it...ha ha!  The Dog#25 Quilt they used in the video was more simple - with larger and fewer HSTs etc.  So, I think it would just depend on the pattern...  I will keep that in mind when making my selection!

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sat, Jun 22 2013 8:30 PM

Roxana:

I like the red also.

I looked at the Web site. They are adorable. I wonder if she plans to do a golfer. I might just have to do that one if she does!

Roxana, go to her facebook page and make a suggestion!  She seems to be open to ideas...  That is where I discovered her Hockey quilt was done per a request by an Everett (WA) Silvertip's Hockey Team fan.

Winthrop, WA

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 613
Points 10,605
zoetc49 replied on Sat, Jun 22 2013 10:34 PM

Judy, those are so cute !! 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,664
Points 120,340

Elizabeth:

I vote for the red so bright and beautiful.  I ordered the singer pattern to make a wall hanging

I didn't see the sewing machine pattern at first. I've ordered it also. Elizabeth, we'll have to compare notes on this one.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,199
Points 24,300
Elizabeth replied on Sun, Jun 23 2013 2:26 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:
I didn't see the sewing machine pattern at first. I've ordered it also. Elizabeth, we'll have to compare notes on this one

I got the down load today and looked through it.  Looks pretty simple just trying to decide on the size I ant to make.  Might do some machine embroidery on it to spice it up.  I have never done an embelished quilt might give it a bo 

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,664
Points 120,340

Elizabeth:
Might do some machine embroidery on it to spice it up

In my pattern she shows 1/8" ribbons (with adhesive) ironed on to outline various parts. But I'm going to use decorative machine stitching instead to do some outlines. Be fun to see how these turn out.

I got the sewing machine pattern just now.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sun, Jun 23 2013 3:31 PM

Elizabeth:

I vote for the red so bright and beautiful.  I ordered the singer pattern to make a wall hanging

Oh...duh...I thought you meant a singer as in do-ra-me...not a sewing machine!  Now I understand you meant the "Singer" sewing machine.  (Sometimes, I can be really, really slow...lol!)    

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,664
Points 120,340

Donna B:
(Sometimes, I can be really, really slow...lol!)    

It's our age Donna. We may still feel like sweet young things but the brain cells....well.....

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,287
Points 29,075
Agnes replied on Tue, Jun 25 2013 10:45 AM

These quilts remind me of the picture afghans I used to crochet using approx two inch granny squares. There was a way to make the HSTs as well. That was back in my "want to learn to quilt but don't have the time" days. It will be fun to see the works in progress.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,664
Points 120,340

Agnes:
It will be fun to see the works in progress.

I completed the T Rex top except for borders and stitching to outline the legs and arms and leaves on the trees. I'll do that as part of the quilting process.  I don't know what I'm going to do for the borders to bring it up to crib size. Right now it's just a wall hanging. I've been playing with borders and fabrics in EQ7 and nothing seems to grab me.  

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Tue, Jun 25 2013 11:34 PM

It turned out great Judy!  The fabrics worked really well in this.

Winthrop, WA

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 709
Points 13,830

Judy, your quilt is adorable!  The colors are great!  What have you tried for the borders?  I think I'd like it with some of that blue background. I think it's blue.... Sometimes it looks purple on this computer.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,587
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Wed, Jun 26 2013 8:30 AM

Judy, that dinosaur is so cute!  And you work so fast.  Maybe I can loan you a couple of my grandsons, they are sure to slow you down and it would certainly speed me up, LOL.  

Page 2 of 5 (66 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use