Page 1 of 5 (66 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 65 Replies | 9 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,121
Points 110,715
Judy T-Bellingham Posted: Sat, Jun 22 2013 12:01 PM

Have you guys seen these? I picked up a couple of her patterns on the Shop Hop. I just cruised through her website and she has the cutest quilt patterns.

They are pieced, no applique that I could see. Lots of little pieces and at first the instructions confused me. Until I calmed down and read it step by step. I'm going to make the dinosaur. 

Counted Quilts

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 95
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 387
Points 7,295

These are so cute. Thanks for sharing.

Denise Smart

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Sat, Jun 22 2013 4:32 PM

Judy, those are really sweet.  Thanks for the link.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,220
Points 41,005
Donna B replied on Sat, Jun 22 2013 5:07 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:

Have you guys seen these? I picked up a couple of her patterns on the Shop Hop. I just cruised through her website and she has the cutest quilt patterns.

They are pieced, no applique that I could see. Lots of little pieces and at first the instructions confused me. Until I calmed down and read it step by step. I'm going to make the dinosaur. 

Counted Quilts

Judy, you always do this to me...LOL!  Every minute I have been away from the garden today, I have been on that website looking at her quilts and videos.  Did you see the Everett Silvertips Hockey Quilt???  And the UofO Duck Quilt and the UW Husky Quilt???  I have a DGS in Everett that is a devoted Silvertips fan!!!  He may end up with an adult version for Christmas.  (He has been after me for a hockey quilt the last few years, but I have been dragging my feet due to the colors he wanted.  But with this -maybe YES!)

And did you see the FW Quilt???  You need to see that one too!

We will never again run out of ideas for baby quilts with this website tucked away in our favorites bin...lol!

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,121
Points 110,715

Donna B:
Judy, you always do this to me...LOL!  Every minute I have been away from the garden today, I have been on that website looking at her quilts and videos.

(grin) You're so welcome Donna!  If this T-Rex turns out, I just may  work on one at the Oregon Retreat.

Did you notice the section of her website where she has pattern corrections? 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,220
Points 41,005
Donna B replied on Sat, Jun 22 2013 5:31 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:

(grin) You're so welcome Donna!  If this T-Rex turns out, I just may  work on one at the Oregon Retreat.

Did you notice the section of her website where she has pattern corrections? 

Yes I did!  But so far, nothing that will apply to me. If you order them on-line, I assume they would be the latest version and have already been corrected.

She really is doing a great job designing adorable quilts that seem very beginner & 'quick-quilt' friendly.  

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,150
Karla replied on Sat, Jun 22 2013 5:47 PM

These are really cute...I might have to order a couple to make quilts for my DD1 if she carries this little girl of hers to term.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,121
Points 110,715

Donna B:
She really is doing a great job designing adorable quilts that seem very beginner & 'quick-quilt' friendly.  

Donna, you haven't seen the pattern yet! Not quick quilt I don't think. Lots of small squares, rectangles, tiny HST. No applique, which I'm actually happy about. I just need to be careful labeling all the cut out pieces and keeping them in order. And, using an exact 1/4" seam all the way through. I tend to be sloppy.

I'm ready to start cutting the pieces but can't decide if I want a purple dinosaur or a red dinosaur like is shown in the pattern. Here are my two choices. The greens are in the tree and ground, the blue is the background. The orange is the spines and the bright yellow is the spots on the animal. The light yellow is his tummy.

But which do I want, red or purple body?

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,150
Karla replied on Sat, Jun 22 2013 5:49 PM

I vote purple because it's my favorite color, however, I'm not a fan of Barney who is purple.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,121
Points 110,715

Karla:

I vote purple because it's my favorite color, however, I'm not a fan of Barney who is purple.

Good point. I hadn't thought of Barney. I'm cutting out all the other pieces and by the time I'm done with those I'll have decided on purple or red. Hopefully.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 387
Points 7,295

The purple body is cute, and kids love purple Barney, but the purple is going to blend with your blue background. The yellow and orange accents look good with purple, but switch your blue background to a lighter shade of blue, or maybe a cream. It would be a shame to do all the piecing and have the dinosaur blend with the background. If you pick the orange body the blue background is fine as is.

Denise Smart

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,195
Points 24,070
Elizabeth replied on Sat, Jun 22 2013 6:44 PM

Judy, thanks for the link these are way to cute

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,121
Points 110,715

Denise Smart:
The purple body is cute, and kids love purple Barney, but the purple is going to blend with your blue background.

Thanks Denise,  I tried a lighter blue for the background and, for some reason, didn't care for it.  I've already cut out the dozens of little blue background pieces. 

Part of the dinosaur is outlined with a light yellow (she used ribbon, I'll use a heavy stitching) which might help pop out the purple if I were to use it. But I'll probably go with the red. 

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,195
Points 24,070
Elizabeth replied on Sat, Jun 22 2013 6:58 PM

I vote for the red so bright and beautiful.  I ordered the singer pattern to make a wall hanging

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,392
Points 24,230
Roxana replied on Sat, Jun 22 2013 7:56 PM

I like the red also.

I looked at the Web site. They are adorable. I wonder if she plans to do a golfer. I might just have to do that one if she does!

Page 1 of 5 (66 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use