Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 11 Replies | 5 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 331
Points 5,860
Jenia Posted: Thu, Jun 20 2013 11:10 AM

Hello to the great and powerful quilting club :>)

Just kidding...well, kind of

I'm curious how many of  you are also members of the online American Quilter's Society?  I just found that website yesterday and joined up to see how things are over there.  It seems like this site is far more active.  I'm so glad I found this one first! 

It could be that I just got used to the navigation here and haven't figured things out over there yet, but the questions and answers here sure seem more interesting and more lively.

Another site I have found particularly interesting to me is the Celebrate Hand Quilting site through Facebook, there is much activity there as well.  As a hand quilter some of the questions here are over my head, but I do like to read them all even if I don't really know what a long arm is lol.

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,509
Points 417,524
gini replied on Thu, Jun 20 2013 11:20 AM

except for the site glitches, this is the easiest to navigate and busiest of the quilting sites i have found. 

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,165
Nana replied on Thu, Jun 20 2013 1:11 PM

Jenia

I used to be a member of AQS but not anymore.  I love QCA except for the glitches that come along.  The people here are all so friendly and helpful.   I have made many lifelong friends here.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,383
Points 20,740

I've been on this site about 10 months, so I'm still relatively new compared to many of the members.  But that means that it was not all that long ago when I was milling around several of the other sites.  This one is by far my favorite and the only site that I'm active on.  (Others I just browse for inspiration and whatnot).  

It's really all about the people and (IMHO), QCA  has the best crowd!

Raleigh, NC

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 247,949
Barbara replied on Thu, Jun 20 2013 2:20 PM

I'm a member of AQS, they have some really good things on their web site ,and You can get  reduced rates at all the show sponsored by AQS, and  even some of the quilt shops will give a discount for being an AQS member .  And they do sell some fabric and  kits a little  cheaper .I've been a member now for a couple of years . Barbara 

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 331
Points 5,860
Jenia replied on Thu, Jun 20 2013 2:23 PM

Thank you ladies, I'm glad it's not just me getting used to one thing and not opening up to another.

It really has been a pleasure being a member here - I have already gotten great advise and not just for quilting either!

I hope to someday get to meet some of you, how wonderful it always is to meet someone in person you have talked to for years.  I hope to be around that long any way as I see this little community as something very special.

I have gotten to know so many lifelong cycling friends from my involvement with www.crazyguyonabike.com that I understand exactly how we can all get so close with just internet activity.  I have been a member there since 2004 and find the friendships developed there so very special.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Thu, Jun 20 2013 8:52 PM

QCA has the most sharing, giving, kind, funny, and friendly site for quilters!  Even with the glitches.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 562
Points 10,840
Judi replied on Thu, Jun 20 2013 9:11 PM

I have been a member since the first year.  I admit that until recently, I mostly lurked.  I will say that when this was still owned by the originators, there was must better customer service and much better communication when there were issues.  If you called, you either spoke with someone quickly or you actually received that call back.  I am still waiting for a month for any response by phone.  You also received quick email answers.  I have wanted over a month with only a canned reply that Fuzbot got my message.

Since this site was purchased by the same group that bought most of the sewing, quilting and craft magazines, I have seen a lot of change and unfortunately most of t is not good.  I am hoping that this doesn't become like Viking Sewing Machines since the big Singer merger.  It is run mostly by people who are not sewers and the customer support is almost nil.  Of course you can pay over $100 a year for tech support after you buy the $9,000 machine and the $1800 software and when there is an upgrade, there is no support at all.  Big business.  I figure that these mostly men think like Walmart and not our local shops or even the larger e commerce sites.

I know my premium membership year will be up in August and I am questioning if having the premium is worth it.  Big is nicer but small and personal is much nicer.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,907
Points 33,200
Roxana replied on Thu, Jun 20 2013 9:19 PM

Judi, which organization are you talking about: the AQS or QCA?

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 562
Points 10,840
Judi replied on Thu, Jun 20 2013 9:55 PM

QCA.  I a member of AQS and have found everything about them wonderful  Lancaster was fantastic. 

I love QCA but customer service since FUZBOT has been awful.  And that is being charitable.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Thu, Jun 20 2013 11:00 PM

Judi, the only time I see Fuzbot is when I accidentally reply the wrong way to a personal message (friend conversation) that arrives in my email box.  If I hit reply as normal with emails, it actually goes back to QCA admin instead of my friend, and then I get a Fuzbot response within the hour.  Instead, we are supposed to click on the "reply here" link at the bottom of the message to return to our own QCA homepage where the conversation originated.

Is that what you are talking about?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 562
Points 10,840
Judi replied on Fri, Jun 21 2013 12:41 AM

I realize this. Fogbuz or whatever is where the canned response to any customer service or support email. They give you a case number, but there is no way to actually track it. The links do not work!  

Imam waiting for three weeks just to get the problem resolved. 

Is there some way to delete one of the two accounts I have?

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use