McKenna Ryan quilts

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 75 Contributor
Female
1,130 Posts
Points 14,615
Dawn posted on Tue, Jun 18 2013 8:50 PM

Was wondering if they are needle turn applique or fused and machine appliqued?  Thinking I may ask for one of her sets for my anniversary present . ..   :-)  

Thanks!

• | Post Points: 35

All Replies

Top 25 Contributor
Female
5,620 Posts
Points 119,575

Dawn:

Was wondering if they are needle turn applique or fused and machine appliqued?  Thinking I may ask for one of her sets for my anniversary present . ..   :-)  Thanks!

Dawn. I have a couple of her patterns and both are using fusible web. But I think iit may depend as she says on the instructions "This project has applique pieces that have tight corners and curves, therefore the Fusible Web Applique method is recommended".

Kind of sounds to me like it may vary from pattern to pattern.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
5,620 Posts
Points 119,575

Dawn, P.S. The patterns I have are Which Came First and Back on the Farm. Both fusible web. I've made Back on the Farm and will be starting Which Came First this summer or perhaps even at the Oregon Retreat.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
1,130 Posts
Points 14,615
Dawn replied on Tue, Jun 18 2013 9:04 PM

I prefer fusible web, so you don't know till you get the pattern?  Wonder if I could contact them and ask . ..  

Thanks Judy!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
5,620 Posts
Points 119,575

Dawn:

I prefer fusible web, so you don't know till you get the pattern?  Wonder if I could contact them and ask . ..   Thanks Judy!

Dawn, even if the pattern is for needle turn applique you can still use fusible web. You'd just have to reverse the pattern. I really think most, if not all of her patterns are fusible as the ones I've seen are all little pieces with tight corners and sharp edges.

I love her patterns. Maybe I'll scoot on over to her website and browse through them again.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
5,620 Posts
Points 119,575

Dawn, I just saw a blurb that says "McKenna Ryan, wonderful fusible patterns". So maybe all of them are fusible.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
9,059 Posts
Points 170,827

I've seen lots of completed McKenna Ryan quilts through the local guild, and they are all fusible.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
1,057 Posts
Points 13,695
Carey replied on Tue, Jun 18 2013 10:00 PM

I have some of her other projects of animals such as cats and stuff they are both fusible as well.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
1,130 Posts
Points 14,615
Dawn replied on Wed, Jun 19 2013 6:03 AM

I am so glad they are fusible!  Yay!  Thanks for all the help!  I knew I could count on ya!  Now to choose . ..    :-)

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use