Page 4 of 4 (50 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 49 Replies | 7 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,408
Points 19,580

Welcome Nanette,

I'm a little slow to welcome you but I see you already fit in. I would like to tell you how much you will love it here but I think you already love it. I can't wait to see some of your quilts. Don't forget to take pictures.

I went to Charleston, SC a couple of years ago and I love it there. A little humid though. I live in the mountains in northern California. I love the weather here. Once you go down to the valley (where everything is) it gets really hot!

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 45
Points 835
Nanette replied on Fri, Jun 14 2013 3:02 PM

Hi Melissa,

Thanks for the welcome.  I visited San Francisco a few years ago.  Is that near you?  We went to Yosemite and across the bay to see the Redwood trees in Muir Woods.  We also took a drive down CA Hwy 1 all the way to Big Sur.  It was beautiful.  I would love to go back there one day.  I'd love to be able to spend more time in Yosemite.  I have not been to Charleston SC yet, but we actually have been talking about a trip there.  We don't have any definite plans yet, but have agreed that Charleston is on our list of destinations for a family vacation.

I do have a picture of my first quilt in my gallery.  Not sure how that works for you to be able to see it.  I have completed another quilt but don't have a picture of it posted yet.  I am working on a lap quilt for charity. It's a dinosaur fabric with bright colors to be given to a child at a local children's hospital.  After that I have fabric to make a Star Wars quilt for my son.  I hope to get that one completed to be able to give it to him for Christmas.  I'll post pictures as I complete my projects.  And of my other completed quilt soon.  Talk to you again later !!  :)

Nanette

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,408
Points 19,580

Nanette:
I visited San Francisco a few years ago.  Is that near you?

If you draw a line east from San Francisco, in the west side of Sierra mountains is where I live. Believe it or not, the town I live in has 900 or so people. It was an old gold mining town so many people still live in cabins with no running water or electricity. I am not one of them. I want my clean water and electricity. I love San Francisco also and I've never been to Yosemite. I love your quilt.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Jun 14 2013 9:52 PM

Barbara:
just let me know when you are coming by and give m a couple hours to get 'er all going .. then I know what a wondrous house keeper you are  so you have to forgive my

Whoa, you are confusing me with someone else!  LOL  Let's just say that if you were coming to see me, I'd need a 12-hour notice!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 45
Points 835
Nanette replied on Sun, Jun 16 2013 8:32 PM

Melissa,

I don't blame you.  I want clean water and electricity too!  Your town sounds so interesting.  I bet it's pretty there too. 

Thanks for your compliment on my quilt.  It was my first and because of that, will always be my favorite (and I really love the colors too!). I checked out your gallery and your quilts are beautiful !  My favorite is your Turning Twenty quilt.  I really like the colors and how they all work together.  And the quilting looks really nice too.  I have made another quilt using several charm paks, and am presently working on a lap quilt.  The first two quilts were stitch in the ditch to quilt.  The lap quilt I'm doing now is machine quilted but in straight lines up and across the quilt.  I want to venture out and try something different, but am a bit intimidated.  How are you quilting your quilts?

• | Post Points: 5
Page 4 of 4 (50 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use