Page 3 of 4 (50 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 49 Replies | 7 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,813
Points 352,237
Kris replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 7:31 PM

It's rainy and cold and the forecast says we're about to get colder. I'm not a fan of Maine's weather at all.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 9:55 PM

Barbara:
And she hasn't even tried my gumbo yet.

LOL  You can pick on me all you want, Barbara, if that's a standing invitation to your house for gumbo.  If so, I'll let you know next time we're coming your way!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 32
Points 585
Nanette replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 10:35 PM

Well we will just have to get some good ole jambalaya to Nancy.

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 32
Points 585
Nanette replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 10:37 PM

Maybe we should switch states for a bit.  Today it was 95 degrees with 90% humidity and a "feels like" temperature of 105 degrees.  I could use a cold blast right about now!  LOL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,110
Points 410,949
gini replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 11:51 PM

MNnancy:

gini:
" this oyster starts with a boogery feel on the tip of your tongue, builds to a raw eggy sensation mid palate and finishes with a slightly salty/earthy/oceany  burst, and a quick gag reflex to get it down."

LOL  A perfect description!  And what wine would you pair with that?

A Syr-raw

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Thu, Jun 13 2013 6:50 AM

gini:
A Syr-raw

LOL  

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Thu, Jun 13 2013 10:36 AM

Nanette

Welcome...it looks like you are going to fit right in with this bunch of nuts....LOL>   Ya'll have made me really hungry talking about shrimp and oysters.  I have never been to Louisiana but have always wanted to see your lovely state.  I live in Virginia and it is getting pretty hot and humid here as well.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Thu, Jun 13 2013 11:08 AM

Nancy anytime ,you just let me know when you are coming by and give m a couple hours to get 'er all going .. then I know what a wondrous house keeper you are  so you have to forgive my very lived in  disorganized mess .. remember I live in a very old house with no-storage. LOL   and my front room is now my sewing room. 

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 32
Points 585
Nanette replied on Thu, Jun 13 2013 11:15 AM

Thanks for the welcome Nana,

You'll just have to travel south and visit us sometime !

I've been to Virginia once.  We went to Williamsburg and the beach on a Navy base, I think in Norfolk.  I enjoyed that very much.  I remember a lighthouse on the beach.  Not sure exactly where it was.  We were with some family friends and he was retired Navy, so I'm guessing it was on base. I loved traveling through the Blue Ridge Mountains.  Are you near the mountains?

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Thu, Jun 13 2013 7:57 PM

Nanette

The lighthouse is on Fort Henry close to Virginia Beach.  Sort of between Norfolk and VA Beach.  I love going to Williamsburg.  It is one of my fav destinations.  I live more in the southwest part of the state near Roanoke.  I am in the mts.  just off the Blue Ridge Parkway.

Vinton, Virginia

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 32
Points 585
Nanette replied on Thu, Jun 13 2013 8:35 PM

Nana,

I wish I had pictures from that vacation.  I was only a teenager then and didn't take pics.  I don't think my mom has pics either.  I do remember traveling through the Blue Ridge Parkway, I thought it was beautiful.  We live about 8-9 hours from the Great Smoky Mountains and have traveled there a good bit.  I love that area.  My husband and I were married alongside the Little Pigeon River just outside of Gatlinburg TN.

There are a lot of fun and interesting things to do closer to home, and we enjoy all of them, but I do love the mountains.  I hope one day to make a quilt with mountains and a stream, trees, and flowers.   I have a picture in my head of what I want.  I'll need some more experience quilting before I tackle that !!  LOL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,813
Points 352,237
Kris replied on Thu, Jun 13 2013 9:06 PM

Nanette:

Maybe we should switch states for a bit.  Today it was 95 degrees with 90% humidity and a "feels like" temperature of 105 degrees.  I could use a cold blast right about now!  LOL

You can have the cold snap but I don't think I want the 95 degree weather either.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 32
Points 585
Nanette replied on Thu, Jun 13 2013 9:15 PM

Kris,

I don't blame you one bit !!! My hubby and I went outside at 8:00 and it was still 90 degrees out there ! 

Guess it's going to be a long hot summer !

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 2
Points 10
Nene replied on Fri, Jun 14 2013 7:38 AM

Maine is beautiful, but the weather is awful.  We're in VA and it wonderful.  Warm and full of color.  Makes me want to quilt.  Imagine that!!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 2
Points 10
Nene replied on Fri, Jun 14 2013 7:44 AM

Nana

I live in VA also.  A beautiful, beautiful state with so much to offer visitors and residents.  From the Blue Ridge (Roanoke are is breathtakingly beautiful) to the beaches.  Not much of a beach lover, but love, love the mtn.  And weather is almost alway great.  It does get hot and humid, but the humidity is really good for your skin.  Stay in the shade.

Nene

Page 3 of 4 (50 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use