Page 2 of 4 (50 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 49 Replies | 7 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Tue, Jun 11 2013 9:32 PM

Mmmm, you make those chargrilled oysters sound good.  I'm almost tempted.  I'm afraid I've been turned off to them after getting talked into trying one raw.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,681
Points 179,378
Marie replied on Tue, Jun 11 2013 9:38 PM

Nanette, hi and welcome, enjoy!

Millbury, MA

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 45
Points 835
Nanette replied on Tue, Jun 11 2013 9:45 PM

Oh they are nasty raw !! I tried a raw one as a child, spit it out and never tried another raw one.  They are delicious cooked.  It's an entirely different consistency and so much better. 

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 45
Points 835
Nanette replied on Tue, Jun 11 2013 9:47 PM

Hi Marie, Thanks for the welcome.  What a beautiful baby in your picture!  

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,240
Points 19,255
weezee56 replied on Tue, Jun 11 2013 9:51 PM

Nanette

Welcome, hope you enjoy the club.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,537
Points 417,079
gini replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 6:58 AM

When we lived by the beach we used to put oysters whole on a grill over a campfire.  When they popped open, we would scoop them out dunk them in a can of melted butter and pop them in our mouths.  My absolute favorite way to eat them.   Some restaurants have oyster tastings, and they discuss the nuances of flavors like they do at wine tastings.  " now this oyster will have a slow start, build to a peaty flavor in the middle of your palate and finish with a minerally bite".  That cracked Sam and I up, we could hardly eat the oysters for the giggles. " this oyster starts with a boogery feel on the tip of your tongue, builds to a raw eggy sensation mid palate and finishes with a slightly salty/earthy/oceany  burst, and a quick gag reflex to get it down."    Still giggling.  I love raw oysters, but not at first.  It's a mystery why I ever tried the second one.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,681
Points 179,378
Marie replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 8:39 AM

Nanette, that sweet bundle of joy is my great grandson, Tyler, thank you.  Can you hear my thoughts?  A little smitten, did you say?  :  )

Millbury, MA

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 45
Points 835
Nanette replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 9:24 AM

Your description is hilarious!!!  But is accurate in my opinion !!  I"ll eat oysters anyway except raw YUK !!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 45
Points 835
Nanette replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 9:27 AM

You have every right to be smitten Marie, he is beautiful !  My son is 27 and dating a wonderful girl, but I only have a granddog !

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,681
Points 179,378
Marie replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 9:43 AM

Nanette, granddogs count, I have 4 and they are also treasures.  I only have 1 grandson, 31, and 1 granddaughter, 16 so you could imagine my excitement when this little guy was conceived.  My youngest son is getting married next spring so there's certainly hope for more grandkids as well.  God blessed me with a wonderful family.

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 4:23 PM

gini:
" this oyster starts with a boogery feel on the tip of your tongue, builds to a raw eggy sensation mid palate and finishes with a slightly salty/earthy/oceany  burst, and a quick gag reflex to get it down."

LOL  A perfect description!  And what wine would you pair with that?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,028
Points 369,127
Kris replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 5:59 PM

Welcome Nanette.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,825
Points 248,634
Barbara replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 6:21 PM

Nanette, I wouldn't recommend Chicago to anyone ..but that's just me .My late hubby was from there and he moved to your neck of the woods as soon a he was old enough to move.  LOL and he never had nice things to say about Chicago and I've spent quite a lot of time there  and the roads  are just plain crazy  . I see you have met some of the gals , Nancy was down your way earlier this year ,and thinks she has eaten good Cajun food . I keep telling her she has a lot to learn about Cajun food . She did a fair job on the Crawfish , but she has yet to eat some really good Cajun seafood unless she has gotten more somewhere else.. And she hasn't even tried my gumbo yet..She and her Hubby go a lot of places and they have eaten some really good foods from the sounds of their tales ,I just like to pick on her.  Sorry Nancy ..

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 45
Points 835
Nanette replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 6:34 PM

You are lucky indeed.  Sounds like a wonderful family.  My granddog is quite a guy!  He is a Catahoula with one blue eye and one brown eye.  His name is Orion (after the constellation). I crocheted a throw for him and he seemes to like it.  When he stands on his hind legs he can just about look me in the eye, but my son has made sure Orion is well behaved.  He's just a big sweetie.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 45
Points 835
Nanette replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 6:35 PM

Thanks for the welcome Kris.  I don't think I have every known anyone from Maine before.  How's the weather up there?

Page 2 of 4 (50 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use