rated by 0 users
This post has 49 Replies | 7 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 45
Points 835
Nanette Posted: Tue, Jun 11 2013 9:38 AM

Hello,

I'm from Louisiana and started quilting last October. Anyone else from Louisiana out there?????

I had always admired the beautiful quilts I saw and though I would do that one day.  I took a class at a local quilt shop last October.  We made a lap quilt using the monkey wrench pattern.  I enjoyed the class and all aspects of making the quilt.  I learned to sew from my mom when I was about 8 or 9 years old.  Now I am teaching my mom a few of the techniques I learned in class.  She knows how to sew but hadn't made a quilt.  She is just about to complete her quilt. 

I'm looking forward to making lots of quilts and making lots of friends here!  :)

• | Post Points: 125
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,585
Points 75,810
Karla replied on Tue, Jun 11 2013 9:44 AM

Welcome again, Nanette.  I'm not from Louisiana, but across the country in Nevada.  I haven't found anyone on here from Northwestern Nevada either, but I've made many friends from all of the country, and even other countries.  I attended my first member organized retreat last spring and met many of those on this site.  I really feel that I now have many quilting buddies.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 628
Points 9,345
MaggieNae replied on Tue, Jun 11 2013 9:50 AM

Welcome Nanette.  I'm from Chicago and have been to New Orleans with my mom years ago.  Have you ever been to the Please-U-Restaurant?  They have the best Fried Oyster Po' Boys.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 45
Points 835
Nanette replied on Tue, Jun 11 2013 9:50 AM

That sounds wonderful and very interesting to be able to correspond with friends from all over the country and the world.  I am looking forward to that.  And thank you very much for being my first quilting friend from Nevada !! 

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 436
Points 7,025
Julienne replied on Tue, Jun 11 2013 10:07 AM

Welcome Nanette, Not from Louisiana, drove through but that is about it. My Fiance lived there as a kid that is as close as it gets LOL. But please enjoy yourself here, it is a great group of gals here and we are at all levels of experience.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,402
Points 415,629
gini replied on Tue, Jun 11 2013 10:10 AM

Hi Nanette, welcome to the group.   Sam and I just spent three weeks driving around louisiana, what a beautiful and interesting state you live in. I hope you enjoy your time here with us.

gini in north idaho

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 45
Points 835
Nanette replied on Tue, Jun 11 2013 10:11 AM

Hi Julienne,

Thanks for the welcome.  I am looking forward to getting to know this great group of gals !!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 45
Points 835
Nanette replied on Tue, Jun 11 2013 10:17 AM

Hi MaggieNae,

I have not been to the Please-U-Restaurant, but will have to check it out ! My favorite place for oyster po-boys is a place called R & O's in an area known as  Bucktown right on Lake Pontchatrain.  I've never been to Chicago, but would like to go there one day.  I'll have to get your recommendation on where to eat when I do !!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 45
Points 835
Nanette replied on Tue, Jun 11 2013 10:24 AM

Hi Gini, thanks for the welcome.  I'm so glad you enjoyed driving around Louisiana.  I think it is a beautiful state too.  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Jun 11 2013 10:35 AM

Nanette,welcome  to the club, I just know you're gonna love it here ,Y'all know we are just a chatty bunch ....LOL   Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 45
Points 835
Nanette replied on Tue, Jun 11 2013 11:23 AM

Thanks Barbara, Looking forward to lots of chatting !!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022
Leslie replied on Tue, Jun 11 2013 7:49 PM

Hi Nanette, welcome

[Ava, Missouri

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 45
Points 835
Nanette replied on Tue, Jun 11 2013 9:04 PM

Thanks !!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Tue, Jun 11 2013 9:06 PM

Welcome to QCA, Nanette!  Nice to meet another chatty quilter.  Be careful, though - time spent on the computer here is time away from quilting!

DH and I visited New Orleans at the end of February.  I love your BBQ shrimp!  I tried crayfish, too, but the shrimp was my favorite.  Once shrimp is frozen for shipping to Minnesota, it loses a lot of flavor.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 45
Points 835
Nanette replied on Tue, Jun 11 2013 9:20 PM

Hi MNnancy,

Thanks for the welcome.  I can be chatty, so I'll have to divide my time between the computer and the sewing machine ! LOL

Yes, BBQ shrimp are excellent !! Next time you visit you should tried the chargrilled oysters. They are opened and cooked on half shell on a grill with lots of butter, herbs, spices and parm cheese.  They are the best !!  And don't forget to sop up the juices from the plate with the crispy french bread. That's almost as good as the oysters themselves !  :)

• | Post Points: 50
Page 1 of 4 (50 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use