Quilts to the Rescue

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 600
Points 10,405
zoetc49 Posted: Sat, Jun 8 2013 7:12 PM

I was out looking at fabric the other day and I saw this brochure. I wanted to post this as I was thinking about making a quilt, or quilt top to pass on to them . This one woman started her own 501c3 charity to help older abandoned animals. It states that they take time, money, fabric, quilts and or tops and they are 100% tax deductible.

I know there are many needs for quilts for other groups, I just wanted to pass this on as so many of us have lots of extra fabric and often don't know what to do with it. Her site is www.igive.com/quiltstotherescue

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 16
Points 365
Shirley replied on Sat, Jun 8 2013 7:47 PM

I was disappointed when I clicked on the link and did not find any information about her charity, just an opportunity to start shopping/donating, which I am not willing to do without more information.  Where did you get more info? 

As far as giving away fabrics for a good cause -- nearly every quilt guild does charity quilts that go to good local charities, and they are usually very interested in receiving quilting fabric for this purpose.  In my county, my guild makes quilts for everyone entering the hospice program in the county, all children placed in foster homes by the local Child Protective Services, and also quilts to the local women's shelter.  Other quilters make quilts for the local hospital.  One quilter I know collects all our scrap fabrics and batting (small pieces) and uses them for stuffing for beds for dogs at the local animal shelter. Another group of ladies collects scrap fabrics and makes chenilled potholders as a fund raiser for a local cat shelter.  I am sure you can find similar activities going on in your area.  And if you have fabric that is not suitable for quilting, your local Goodwill Industries will probably accept it as a tax-deductible donation! 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 600
Points 10,405
zoetc49 replied on Sun, Jun 9 2013 12:21 AM

I am sure there are so many places to give, this was just one I ran into and wanted to pass on. her e-mail listed is admin@quiltstotherescuge.org. facebook, Quilts to the rescue . This was just at the quilt shop I went to ther other day. I don't know anything more about her group or where she is.

I am always interested in groups to pass on quilk quilts, not that I get any done..but I am still interested.   

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Sun, Jun 9 2013 8:05 AM

thanks for passing it on zoetec, it is nice to know about these things.  I certainly have a soft spot for those animals.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use