Page 1 of 2 (19 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 18 Replies | 5 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,407
Points 19,560
Melissa Halpain Posted: Thu, Jun 6 2013 11:14 PM

Well, I am so excited. Last week I purchased my EQ7. It was a birthday gift from my DH for my birthday. I should be getting it tomorrow (hopefully). I am so looking forward to it. I hope it helps when I do the next round robin. After I get it a play with it, I will let you all know how I like it. I plan on getting some of the extras to go with it. I know there is a group for EQ7 and I joined it but I wanted everyone to know how excited I am about my new toy.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,780
Points 30,890
Roxana replied on Fri, Jun 7 2013 11:16 AM

Melissa Halpain:

Well, I am so excited. Last week I purchased my EQ7. It was a birthday gift from my DH for my birthday. I should be getting it tomorrow (hopefully). I am so looking forward to it. I hope it helps when I do the next round robin. After I get it a play with it, I will let you all know how I like it. I plan on getting some of the extras to go with it. I know there is a group for EQ7 and I joined it but I wanted everyone to know how excited I am about my new toy.

Melissa,
Maybe now would be a good time for me to go through my tutorial lessons. Want to do them together? Just a thought. I might stay with it better if I had a partner I could bounce questions off of. Purely selfish but I might be able to help you too. What do you think?

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,780
Points 30,890
Roxana replied on Fri, Jun 7 2013 11:17 AM

Melissa, 
Did you know there is an EQ7 Group on QCA?

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,780
Points 30,890
Roxana replied on Fri, Jun 7 2013 11:20 AM

Roxana:

Melissa, 
Did you know there is an EQ7 Group on QCA?

Melissa, their Pages info is very helpful.

Pages

I hope that link works.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,407
Points 19,560

Roxana:
Melissa,
Maybe now would be a good time for me to go through my tutorial lessons. Want to do them together? Just a thought. I might stay with it better if I had a partner I could bounce questions off of. Purely selfish but I might be able to help you too. What do you think?

Roxana, I think that would be great. It is 3:00 pm and I still don't have it. I am so looking forward to it. Yes I did join the EQ7 group but I didn't look at the pages. Thanks for the info. I will let you know how the unveiling goes.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,780
Points 30,890
Roxana replied on Sat, Jun 8 2013 9:31 PM

Melissa, I saw through another thread that you got your surprise package! Congratulations!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,407
Points 19,560

Roxana:

Melissa, I saw through another thread that you got your surprise package! Congratulations!

Hi Roxana

I played with it for a couple of hours yesterday but I didn't get to play on much today as I have a great niece that graduated today. I left at 9:30 this morning and got back around 7 this evening. It's about a 2 1/2 hour drive one way. I am so tired I will just spend tomorrow playing with it. I used to work for a computer company but I tested the chips before they were assembled. That doesn't mean I know the first thing about running programs. It's funny, everyone thinks I should know everything about computers. Now my daughter is a programmer so she does know all there is to know about computers. She works so much though that she doesn't have much time to help me. Anyway, my point is, I need to play with a program and read as much as I can to learn about it to be able to use it. Once I get ink for my printer, I plan on printing out the lessons and start working on them. Have you done these lessons yet?

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Sun, Jun 9 2013 8:20 AM

I have EQ5, but would like to get 7 someday.  I found doing the lessons extremely helpful. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

I got EQ7 before I got sick, one of these days I will have to go through the lessons again. I did a few things with it and it was fun. There are a few here who use it and are very helpful. Enjoy your new toy...

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,333
Points 20,025

I have EQ7 and I love it, but there is a big learning curve.  It's very powerful software, so there are lots of parts to learn before you can do any one thing successfully.  Don't wait until you have a project with a deadline to start learning!  That's my only advice.  Otherwise, enjoy your new toy.  :)

Raleigh, NC

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,544
Points 23,325
Susie replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 2:09 PM

I am borrowing Barbara's EQ7.  It's a LOT of fun to play around.  I'm sure that there is much more flexibility than I have found with my little puttering.  But I'm sooo not good about tutorials or watching lessons.  I need to be hands on to figure things out.  I am currently working on a quilt that I designed completely on it.  We'll see how it turns out.

I also did your border, Carolyn! 

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,407
Points 19,560

Susie:

I am borrowing Barbara's EQ7.  It's a LOT of fun to play around.  I'm sure that there is much more flexibility than I have found with my little puttering.  But I'm sooo not good about tutorials or watching lessons.  I need to be hands on to figure things out.  I am currently working on a quilt that I designed completely on it.  We'll see how it turns out.

I also did your border, Carolyn! 

I am currently going through the lessons and found that if you go through them and follow what they say step by step, it gives you the hands on. I learn quicker by doing it myself so that works for me. I am looking forward to doing my own quilt from design to finish. You all give me so much encouragement. Thank you!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,585
Points 75,810
Karla replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 9:45 PM

I'm still trying to work my way through QuiltPro 6.  I just downloaded it so I don't have a manual to refer to when I need it.  There's probably something in my download but I haven't taken the time to find it yet.  Hope your EQ7 treats you well.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 689
Points 13,360

Karla, I've had Quilt Pro 6 for a few years and learned most from the Help section. It would be nice if they published an instruction book for these programs!  If there's anything I can assist with, let me know. I'm certainly not an expert but I might be able to help. Good luck--- it's a great program!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,585
Points 75,810
Karla replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 11:33 PM

Carol from Pittsburgh:

Karla, I've had Quilt Pro 6 for a few years and learned most from the Help section. It would be nice if they published an instruction book for these programs!  If there's anything I can assist with, let me know. I'm certainly not an expert but I might be able to help. Good luck--- it's a great program!

Carol, I'll remember that you are available to help.  I've been using the "help" section, too.

Page 1 of 2 (19 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use