Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 5 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 16
Points 365
Shirley Posted: Wed, Jun 5 2013 10:39 AM

I recently designed and made a fireplace mantle runner that I really like.  I am going to post a photo here if I can figure out how to do it:

Hey, the upload worked!  Anyway, isn't it cool?  I also made a matching tablerunner and placemat:

I even made a pattern of these and put it up on Patternspot.com for sale last week.  It is called "Points of Elegance" since the whole idea for this came from a friend when I was developing techniques for making prairie points to put in my binding book.

I have a question about the upload process - maybe someone can answer.  There is a box for "max height" that comes up with a zero in it.  Should I be putting a number in there in place of zero?  I did this time, but didn't know if I can ignore it in the future.  Thanks for answering if you know what this box is all about.

Shirley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Wed, Jun 5 2013 10:50 AM

This is, indeed, beautiful. You see them in quilt magazines, from time to time, with directions.  Is this your own design? It is beautiful.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Wed, Jun 5 2013 10:57 AM

Shirley

These are gorgeous.  You did a fantastic job on your design.   I don't change any of the numbers when I post pics.   Not real sure if it matters or not.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,405
Points 415,659
gini replied on Wed, Jun 5 2013 11:05 AM

very pretty pattern

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Jun 5 2013 11:49 AM

Shirley:

I recently designed and made a fireplace mantle runner that I really like.  I am going to post a photo here if I can figure out how to do it:

Hey, the upload worked!  Anyway, isn't it cool?  I also made a matching tablerunner and placemat:

I even made a pattern of these and put it up on Patternspot.com for sale last week.  It is called "Points of Elegance" since the whole idea for this came from a friend when I was developing techniques for making prairie points to put in my binding book.

I have a question about the upload process - maybe someone can answer.  There is a box for "max height" that comes up with a zero in it.  Should I be putting a number in there in place of zero?  I did this time, but didn't know if I can ignore it in the future.  Thanks for answering if you know what this box is all about.

Shirley

Shirley ,these are beautiful .you designed a very pretty runner .

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,373
Points 175,023
Marie replied on Wed, Jun 5 2013 12:28 PM

Very pretty Shirley, nice pattern, good job!

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Wed, Jun 5 2013 3:35 PM

wow Shirley, these are nice!

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,050
Roxana replied on Wed, Jun 5 2013 4:19 PM

Shirley:

Shirley

Great job! Did you know yours is the only Fireplace Mantle Runner on that site? So cool! Thanks for sharing here! Good luck with it!

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 16
Points 365
Shirley replied on Wed, Jun 5 2013 7:12 PM

Thanks so much for your comments.  Yes, I did know mine was the only mantle runner on the site.  I hope that will translate into a few sales to justify the effort of writing up the pattern.  Designing  and making the pieces was fun; preparing the drawings and instructions is more like work!

Shirley

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use