Huge fabric sale in Spokane

Page 2 of 2 (23 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 22 Replies | 4 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,912
Points 124,870

Jacy, what a haul! I think I might be glad I wasn't close enough to attend the sale.

I'm having enough trouble with a resisting local lady who closed out her fabric shop in California, moved to Stanwood here in Washington State. She and has tons of bolts, fat quarters etc for sale at 50% and more off.  I discovered her quite by accident while going to a community wide garage sale last weekend. We were driving from one garage sale to another when I saw a big handprinted sign "QUILT FABRICS".  Luckily there were several garage sales on the same block to keep my friends busy while my daughter and I shopped. It was a sunny day and she'd set up over a dozen banquet tables loaded with fabrics and patterns.

She's set up a "store" , Quilters Coop, in her daylight basement and is only open by appointment. I bought a pile of fabrics and would have gotten more but my friends were anxious to get on to the next set of garage sales.. My daughter bought 10 yards of various fabrics for a total of about $35.  Although the woman sells online, she only offers the discounted prices at her home shop.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,450
Jacy replied on Fri, Jun 14 2013 8:44 PM

Judy, I've discovered the best way to go to those kind of sales is with cash. I would buy way too much if I had my credit card and/or checkbook. I'm a big sucker for a great fabric sale.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,630
Points 52,280
Ginny replied on Fri, Jun 14 2013 9:12 PM

Wow, great haul, Jacy.    Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,195
Nana replied on Fri, Jun 14 2013 9:23 PM

Jacy

Now that is what I call a nice haul.   I even have a few of those fabrics in my stash.  Looks like you had a good time even though it was crowded.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Jun 14 2013 9:33 PM

Jacy:

I had restraint, I only bought 12 of their 3,000 bolts

And all the pre-cuts, yard cuts, FQ bundles, etc. Many of these ended up being $1 yard. 

All I can say is "Wow!"

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,536
Points 417,914
gini replied on Sat, Jun 15 2013 12:49 AM

I am so jealous, jacy. But very happy you were able to go to the sale.     Super haul.

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sat, Jun 15 2013 1:16 AM

Jacy, congratulations on the additions to your stash...and your stamina!  

Believe me, I thought long and hard about this sale...but I couldn't bring myself to deal with the "female fabric frenzy"!  But, I do envy you the new fabric and the great prices...

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Sat, Jun 15 2013 9:57 PM

wow, that is a lot of fabric at great prices. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Page 2 of 2 (23 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use