Craftsy BOM question for newbie!

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 70
Ellie Posted: Mon, Jun 3 2013 10:53 PM

First time on here...so excuse me if I'm posting in the wrong place. I'm new to quilting, and have noticed that some of you use the Craftsy BOM. Are they easy to use, and would you recommend them for a beginner? Thanks for your help!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Tue, Jun 4 2013 12:08 AM

elewny:

First time on here...so excuse me if I'm posting in the wrong place. I'm new to quilting, and have noticed that some of you use the Craftsy BOM. Are they easy to use, and would you recommend them for a beginner? Thanks for your help!

Absolutely!  The price is right (free) and you have a video tutorial that you can play over and over - as often (step by step) as you need it.  And, then if you still have questions or run into a problem, post your question here on QCA and someone (or maybe quite a few) will post an answer/solution for you.  There is usually someone on line that is more than willing to give you some help!    It's a win-win combination!!!

BTW, welcome to QCA...and you posted your question perfectly.  Be sure and post pictures of your blocks as you complete them...we love pictures!  

There is a thread on here for the Craftsy 2012 BOM...with lots of pictures of blocks by QCA members. Did you know you can still do that 2012 BOM on Craftsy?  Both the 2012 & 2013 BOM are available and are free to do at your own pace.  (I just last week finished my last block for the 2012 Craftsy BOM...LOL! Oh oh, I better post a pic!) 

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 0
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 70
Ellie replied on Tue, Jun 4 2013 1:24 AM

Thanks, Donna! Where are the tutorials for the BOM's? are they on youtube or the "paid-for" courses?

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022

Hi elewny, welcome,  you will find them on the at craftsy.com

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Tue, Jun 4 2013 10:24 AM

Ellie:

Thanks, Donna! Where are the tutorials for the BOM's? are they on youtube or the "paid-for" courses?

Go to www.craftsy.com and scroll through the available courses($$$ and free).  There you will see several FREE courses, including sew machine maintenance, and both BOM class (one for 2012 and one for 2013).  Let us know if you still need help.  BTW, Craftsy itself is free to sign up...

Hope you will give it a try and let us know how you like it. If I were you, I would sign up for both, watch the introduction and 1st lesson of each class and decide which seems to fit you best and do that BOM first.  The 2012 BOM Instructor is younger and I personally liked her style of instruction. The 2013 BOM has a different instructor and while she is an excellent quilter and instructor, I found her style a little slow. But she does give some very good tips and tricks so its still worth watching and learning.

Winthrop, WA

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Points 60

Hi Ellie:  The Craftsy BOM are easy to use and you will learn good techniques, especially in the 2012 BOM.      Although I took classes 20 yrs ago, I did not do much quilting and started with the 2012 BOM when I retired.     I learned alot.  The classes are free, you can watch as often as you need and go at your own speed.   I definitely recommend  the classes.  

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use