Page 9 of 10 (150 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 149 Replies | 18 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Sun, Jul 7 2013 5:40 PM

How do you paint one of these featherweights?  What kind of paint, where do you get the decals?  I have a beautiful 221 that is in mint condition, and she sews like a dream.  Not interested in painting her, but would do another one if I could find one.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 693
Points 13,210
Michelle replied on Mon, Jul 8 2013 11:38 AM

Joni, I don't know all the specifics that my husband does with the painting and refurbishing. I do know its 7 coats of painting. It's the primer coats, the color and then the clear coats on top. He's used a few different types of paint but the car paint he orders online is the best so far. He does take them all apart completely then strip and sand down with baking soda. Then as he is putting back together all is refurbished with original singer parts. The motors are also rewired if needed as he's an electrician also. He usually gets them pretty torn up on ebay and able to make them like new. Oh, also the stenciling  is back on before the clear coats. That's as much as I know. If u want more specifics pm me and I'll give u his cell phone # 

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Tue, Jul 9 2013 8:31 AM

Michelle

It is no wonder his machines are so lovely!  Thank you for taking the time to answer my question.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 693
Points 13,210

Joni,  Let me know if you want to talk to him about a machine.  He is always finding them on ebay then getting them back into working condition.  We are putting 2 on ebay this Thursday. One is black, 221, Centennial edition. Wow she sews beautifully. I was almost thinking to keep her, she is so quiet running and stitching so wonderfully. The other is a Vibrant Red that he just finished the other day. Beautiful and she sews wonderful also. I do videos on their sewing and some of the attachments so everyone know how the machine sews. 

Michelle B

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 719
Points 18,100

Michelle:

We are putting 2 on ebay this Thursday.

What is your E-Bay name?  I'd like to see what you have listed. 

Brigit-Carol

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 693
Points 13,210

His ebay name is: b7040077.  I know it's a crazy name, but if you look for Singer Featherweight 221 on ebay, his will show up.  I'll be posting it on Thursday evening, 7pm CST. He likes them to go on then for 10 days, that way we get 2 weekends and account for EST all the way to West coast time. 

Michelle B

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sun, Jul 14 2013 7:38 PM

I just finished a fabric tote for my FW Case:

(That's Rascal the outdoor cat on her favorite patch of thyme, soaking up the sunshine.)  

I have more pictures on my blog of this tote...and in fact quite a few pictures of how I put it together.  

If your interested, take a look!  

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,782
Points 122,490

Donna, that is a really wonderful FW tote.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sun, Jul 14 2013 7:54 PM

Thanks Judy!  

Can't seem to get a quilt done these days, but at least I am getting something done...lol!

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,449
Points 47,720
Angele replied on Sun, Jul 14 2013 8:05 PM

Wow Donna, I like it...hmmm now I just might have to think about this.

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 693
Points 13,210
Michelle replied on Sun, Jul 14 2013 8:35 PM

Donna, 

I saw your FW carrier and love it!! What a great job you did.  Very impressive.  I read all thru the blog to see the progress and your story of getting your new machine.  sounds like you are really enjoying her. 

Michelle B

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,181
Points 18,155
weezee56 replied on Sun, Jul 14 2013 9:40 PM

Donna B:
I just finished a fabric tote for my FW Case:

I love the tote you made for your FW.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5

Michelle, how much does your husband charge to repaint and decal a FW?

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 162
Points 3,000
Kathy G replied on Mon, Jul 15 2013 12:52 PM

Don't know what you have tried but here are a couple of suggestions...first, wad up some newspaper and stuff it in the case-close it up and let it sit for a few days.  The ink obsorbs odors (this works great to get onion and garlic out of plastic food containers as well).  The second thing to try would be to put fabric softner sheets or a bowl of baking soda in the case and close it up again.  If all else fails, place the case in a large plastic bag and put it (open) in a freezer.

If none of these help, you may have a musty smelling case:)

Kathy

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,449
Points 47,720
Angele replied on Tue, Jul 16 2013 10:00 AM

I finally have pictures of my new FW. It is a 222K model from 1957. First the case, then tools and finally machine.

Now the tools.

Now the machine.

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 80
Page 9 of 10 (150 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use