Page 8 of 10 (150 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 149 Replies | 18 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 2
Points 85

Michele.

I have 2 221s. The paint & filigree is worn off the front of one of the machines. Where can I get it restored. It is black and I'd like to keep it that way. Both machines sew beautifully but I use this one in the RV because it looks so bad.

Judy M.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,571
Points 30,609
Kelley replied on Tue, Jul 2 2013 8:27 PM

Sukochi:
Our ace reporter, Michelle, has a purple Featherweight.

Lucky Michelle.....

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,440
Jacy replied on Tue, Jul 2 2013 8:51 PM

Angele:

Quick question. Is there a site to find out which year it was produced?

Angele, check here.

http://www.singerco.com/support/machine-serial-numbers

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Tue, Jul 2 2013 8:54 PM

Angele:

Quick question. Is there a site to find out which year it was produced?

This is the best link I have found on dating your FW:

http://www.singer-featherweight.com/siteone%20pages/dating.html

(Remember that the dates shown are when the group of #'s were released for production...not the specific date a machine was produced.  So, no machine with a serial number in that range could have been built before that production date.)

Winthrop, WA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,606
Points 26,990
Debbie replied on Tue, Jul 2 2013 9:07 PM

well, got Lizzie and finally after back pain had eased up I got her out and decided to try her out.  BUMMER!!! the motor is turning and so does the belt but it's not moving the needle. any suggestions? may need to find someone local who works on Featherweights.  

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 704
Points 13,370

I saw one on there in purple, it looks blue in the photos, but says purple.  It's a hard color to put on pictures as we found when we painted and sold one on ebay. 

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,440
Jacy replied on Tue, Jul 2 2013 9:26 PM

Debbie:
BUMMER!!! the motor is turning and so does the belt but it's not moving the needle.

I bet she needs a good dose of grease and oil. She probably hasn't been used in years.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Tue, Jul 2 2013 9:41 PM

Julienne:

Hi I am going to be the proud owner of a 1914 Featherweight tomorrow....If anyone can help find more info that would be great. Serial number  F5113077. That places it in 1914. Works perfect.  Hand crank, no motor.

Julienne,

Although that is a very pretty vintage Singer, it is not a Featherweight.  You might want to check through this link to see if you can match your picture to the correct model.

QB Vintage Sewing Machine Photos   (note that there are quite a few pages to skim through)

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,606
Points 26,990
Debbie replied on Tue, Jul 2 2013 10:23 PM

Jacy:
I bet she needs a good dose of grease and oil. She probably hasn't been used in years.

DH did that before I even tried to use her.  bought the maintenance book and he followed it to oil everything, as it said.  seems like it hasn't been my week with sewing machines.  had to take back my new Brother - every time I dropped the feed dogs, it messed up and wouldn't go back.  lady at shop said this model was notorious for that. still within time frame to return and get a refund so I did.  but my older machine started acting up as well, so here I had 4 machines and none of them were working Saturday afternoon.  talk about being frustrated!  

well, now I have a Singer Confidence Quilter.  working very nice, and got a table runner quilted with no problem.    

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,246
Points 19,390
weezee56 replied on Tue, Jul 2 2013 11:12 PM

Angele

I think the 222 would be a great machine to have. You don't see many of them for sale. I don't think many of them were made comparied to the 221's, Singer 's web site has manuals you can down load for free. Have fun making your discission. I have lots of attachments for my 221 but only use two.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 476
Points 7,600

MNnancy:

Julienne:

Hi I am going to be the proud owner of a 1914 Featherweight tomorrow....If anyone can help find more info that would be great. Serial number  F5113077. That places it in 1914. Works perfect.  Hand crank, no motor.

Julienne,

Although that is a very pretty vintage Singer, it is not a Featherweight.  You might want to check through this link to see if you can match your picture to the correct model.

QB Vintage Sewing Machine Photos   (note that there are quite a few pages to skim through)

Sorry Nancy, I was just so happy with my new purchase, and I guess I just did not do enough homework on them. I was at the antique shop and I was told that it was a Featherweight, but I was so into the machine I forgot that featherweights were not made in 1914.  I could only find the G series on the web site that you sent the link for and that was the "Red Eye" machine. This is not like that at all. This one was made in Great Britain and does not have the red on it but more the Egyptian gold paint on it. I can take a better picture not that I have it at home it anyone wants a better look. Please let me know.

Julienne - Mid Missouri

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 704
Points 13,370

Julienne, It's a beautiful machine.  I've had one here at the house that sewed wonderful. We sold it on ebay a few months ago.  It's a Singer 127K.  It's alloted date was Jan-Jun 1914 for that particular Serial Number F5113077.  The Featherweights were made from 1933-1964 and only weigh 10 pounds not including the case.  Enjoy her!!

Michelle B

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 476
Points 7,600

Michelle:

Julienne, It's a beautiful machine.  I've had one here at the house that sewed wonderful. We sold it on ebay a few months ago.  It's a Singer 127K.  It's alloted date was Jan-Jun 1914 for that particular Serial Number F5113077.  The Featherweights were made from 1933-1964 and only weigh 10 pounds not including the case.  Enjoy her!!

Thank you so much Michelle, I kept finding the 127 on the website that looked almost identical, just more worn out so I was not sure. I knew that the Featherweights were from 33-64, but I just did not think about it when I saw how beautiful she was.   Now I was able to only get the year from Singer with the serial number. however did you find the months?  Is there a Blue book value for these machines so I know if I was ripped off or not?  I am really too new at buying vintage machines. I have no problem with the new machines tho. LOL   My other vintage machine in the house were hand me downs from my grandmothers and those to me are priceless.

Julienne - Mid Missouri

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 704
Points 13,370

I think my husband uses a "date your machine" website to find the most accurate dates.  He refurbishes the FWs and loves to work on them. He paints some of them, some he only refurbishes and then resells on ebay. There are alot of books on cleaning them, not sure on the "blue book" value.  We usually sell on ebay and to friends that hear of his work.  I'm still debating doing a website, just too much to keep up with and we do well on ebay.  I will ask him the value question? 

Michelle B

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,499
Points 48,285
Angele replied on Wed, Jul 3 2013 10:11 AM

Thanks Jacy and Donna. After a quick look it appears mine is a 1957, which makes it a year older than me! ;-)

Angèle  from NWO

Page 8 of 10 (150 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use