rated by 0 users
This post has 20 Replies | 6 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 436
Points 7,025
Julienne replied on Sun, Jun 16 2013 9:44 AM

winurse:

Hi Julienne,   I know this was a long time ago so clearly I am way behind.    Have been saving messages that I wanted to respond to.     Just wanted to ask is your cousin in Cedar Lake a quilter too?    Yes, it sure is a small world,  that becomes clearer the older I get.

No, she is still rather on the "I love them so much but can you make it for me " side of things. It is a shame she use to sew and was rather good at it, but she had a miscarriage a long time ago and stopped sew shortly after that. Since then she has stopped all crafts too. It is really rather a shame. I am trying to get her to pick it back up again. She says she will when she comes to visit me next. But I don't know when that will be.

I to notice that the older I get, the world does seem smaller. But is makes me happy because I find I have friends now all over. :)

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 10
Points 240
Kathy replied on Sun, Jun 16 2013 10:21 AM

Welcome winurse!  I am from Williamsport IN so I think that qualifies us as neighbors - even though I don't know where Cedar lake is, only having lived in Indiana for a few years!  You will love this site-so many nice people. 

Kathy - cairnmom

Kathy

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 102
Points 1,730
winurse replied on Sun, Jun 16 2013 9:37 PM

Hi Kathy, thank you.    I do not know where Williamsport is but will check map later.    Cedar Lake is about an hour south east of Chicago.  We have lived here for about 13 years.     You are right,    very nice people here on this site.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 102
Points 1,730
winurse replied on Sun, Jun 16 2013 10:31 PM

Hi Gini,    I love the goodwill for finding treasures to paint.     Have you done anything with your boxes?    I always have such a stash waiting to be painted along with all the fabric waiting to be sewn.   I have found some great wine glasses and mugs that painted up great.  wine glasses make great  tealight candle holders either to put the candle in the glass or turn the glass upside down and use as stand.   

Have Fun!   Sharon

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,339
Points 414,684
gini replied on Mon, Jun 17 2013 6:24 PM

Sharon, I'm still collecting boxes,  I found a great one today.

gini in north idaho

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 102
Points 1,730
winurse replied on Mon, Jun 17 2013 8:31 PM

what kind of boxes and what are you planning for them?

Page 2 of 2 (21 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use