i stumbled here after googling "do i back stitch chain piecing"
and yes, i found out that no. i do not. haha
wish me luck. im starting on my 6th quilt soon. ive got the fabric laundered, but not pressed.
i am still reading the instructions over and over because i still feel like i am reading hieroglyphics.
i am going to attempt the diamondback scrap.
if im not crying by august, i will be lucky.
so far i have quilted:
1. sampler. hand pieced. hand quilted
2. kit: nursery quilt. machine pieced. hand quilted
3. strip quilt. hand ripped strips. no directions. just took a pic off images and went for it. machine pieced. machine quilted in the ditch. NIGHTMARE. for someone who is a beginner? yes, i ended up using fabric glue on some of the binding.......long story....
4. 9 patch. online purchased precut squares. machine pieced. machine quilted in the ditch.
5. kit. dinosaurs. m pcd. machine AND hand Quilted. this one was a challenge. finding the exact fabric online as in the pattern was tricky. and its my biggest-ish one so far. its not finished but almost. i have four more dinos to hand quilt. then a strait seem on two borders. its binded already and ready to get out of my house!
6. well, its the diamondback scrap. and im scared to death.
wish me luck!
I am glad you found us. You will make a lot of friends here and have a lot of fun. I enjoyed reading your post so I know I am going to look forward to your contributions. Sometimes we actually get together at retreats. Check out groups, and go to the retreats group (second page.) There are more that have already been held this year that are not listed now. These are a lot of fun, and some of the others that attend are great at sharing their knowledge and skills.
Welcome to QCA, Sevensixteen! Where do you hail from?
- - - - - - - -
Edit: Disregard question. I now see it in the subject line.
On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)
Hi 7-16 welcome to the gRoup
gini in north idaho
Welcome Sevensixteen...this is a great place.
Hello sevensixteen and welcome. I am a couple hours south of you in Jackson Ohio.
wow! thanks for all the warm welcomes!!! i finished boos quilt today.
and i made my "practice" strips for the diamondback. tomorow i will make them into 9 blocks.
the chain stitch piecing is going to take some concentration......
i am glad i decided to post in this forum.
i live in ohio. columbus.
Glad you joined us sevensixteen. Will be looking forward to hearing more from you. This is a fun and informative place. Lots of groups for just about anything you are interested in and the twice yearly mystery quilts are a hoot. I'm clear across the country from you in the northwest corner of the state of Washington.
In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!
Good luck on the diamondback scrap. Do you have pics of any of your quilts. We would love to see them.
Welcome! You will love it here! Lots of helpful people! Please post pics! I am from Iowa, glad to meet you!
Welcome Sevensixteen :)
My daughter lives in your area, in Pickerington.
Hi and welcome 7/16' enjoy!
sevensixteen:wish me luck!
Welcome and GOOD LUCK!