Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #8

Page 71 of 75 (1114 items) « First ... < Previous 69 70 71 72 73 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,113 Replies | 38 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,354
Points 414,909
gini replied on Mon, Jul 22 2013 9:54 PM | Locked

cute pin cushions.  i've looked at these before.  do you have to take all the spools off when you run out of one?

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,541
Points 46,765
Debbie-do replied on Mon, Jul 22 2013 10:04 PM | Locked

Sukochi:

This is so pretty!  Just follow your instincts... they're right on!

Southwest of San Antonio

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Tue, Jul 23 2013 8:04 AM | Locked

When I hung this ont he design wall to take this picture. my heart broke. I would have been PERFECT in DLMIL's house. This fabric is so much like what was in her beautiful sofa.  I sent this photo to DH DSIL and she didn't comment on DLMIL, she  said "I wish there was a "LOVE" button".  I wish she had commented on the resemblance to DLMIL's sofa. Silly I guess.

Thanks for all your kind words. I think it looks really pretty.

Sukochi

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 655
Points 16,585
Brigit-Carol replied on Tue, Jul 23 2013 11:18 AM | Locked

Yes, those are spools of thread on the pincushions.  I'll add needles and pins before I give them away.  The spools are smaller than I usually use and found them at the Singer shop in the next town over -- 18 for $1.00.  I usually use a bit larger ones that have more thread on them but put 6 on instead of 8, but I couldn't resist the price of these.  Yes, you do have to pull the ribbon to get to one that runs out, but it's easy to do.  When I'm thinking more clearly, I try to put the white and black either side of the ribbon bow, since they tend to run out quicker.  Although I imagine most people use them as decoration rather than a utility item. 

Sukochi -- love your quilt.  Sorry you didn't get the response you wanted, but the quilt is still absolutely gorgous!

Brigit-Carol

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 62,790
Jacy replied on Tue, Jul 23 2013 11:20 AM | Locked

Sukochi:
Doing more "pondering" of borders, then sewing.

I think you can be done pondering, it looks good just as you have it. I really like that floral border and the pop of yellow for the inner border, great combo.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 62,790
Jacy replied on Tue, Jul 23 2013 11:22 AM | Locked

Brigit-Carol:

But thought you might like to see the pincushion flowers I'm working on as "stocking stuffers" for Christmas. 

Brigit-Carol, Very cute pincusions.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 77
Points 1,015
Cindy replied on Tue, Jul 23 2013 11:53 AM | Locked

Brigit-Carol:

didash:

I'm sure there's a thread about this somewhere, but I sure can't find it...

I'm considering upgrading my sewing machine - would love to have a bit larger throat (have a Brother CS6000i - think that's the # - that I'm currently doing all my quilting on.  Unfortunately, I can't spend thousands of dollars on a sewing machine as we are in the process of buying a house!  So I will probably have to look for a used one...any suggestions?? What do you use? What do you like/don't like about your machine?? Bernina, Janome, Viking, other??? 

Anyone know of a site that compares the makes/models??

Thanks in advance for any help!!  If anyone can point me to an existing thread here at QCA, it would be appreciated!

If you are happy with your current Brother for piecing and other sewing projects,  consider getting a straight stitch like the Brother PQ1500S or the Juki2010.  I found my Brother 1500 used for $250.00, but new ones can be gotten for around $600.00. It has a 9" harp, auto up/down needle and an auto cutter, and a specialized pin feed that really does a great job keeping fabric from slipping. I really like the machine.  I also like the fact that by having two (or more) machines,  I don't have to change the settings back and forth constantly.  If you want a "do it all" machine, I've heard very good things about the Janome 6500, and they are available at reduced prices or trade ins, since newer models are now out. 

I have a Janome 6500 Memory Craft and I love it. I can sew garments, piece quilts and quilt them too. It is the first digital machine I have had, so I may be a bit prejudiced.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 77
Points 1,015
Cindy replied on Tue, Jul 23 2013 11:57 AM | Locked

Sukochi:

Well, Mimi, the shipping would, no doubt, cost more then the item. So, I have come up with an alternative plan. I am nothing, if not resourceful.  I have proclaimed to the Mister a R O A D  T R I P!!!!  Haven't heard back on that request, as yet.  BUT, if mama ain't happy happy  happy,, ain't NOBODY happy happy happy. See where I am going with this??  Probably to Harbor Freight! And, OH MY, we ought to just go a few more miles to J O A N N S. Then, Mama will be so happy happy happy!

Sukochi you are too funny! I wouldn't mind a quilt shop road trip about now. Going through withdrawal. Didn't make it to NY for reunion and missed those quilt shops up there.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Tue, Jul 23 2013 1:07 PM | Locked

Cindy:

Sukochi:

Well, Mimi, the shipping would, no doubt, cost more then the item. So, I have come up with an alternative plan. I am nothing, if not resourceful.  I have proclaimed to the Mister a R O A D  T R I P!!!!  Haven't heard back on that request, as yet.  BUT, if mama ain't happy happy  happy,, ain't NOBODY happy happy happy. See where I am going with this??  Probably to Harbor Freight! And, OH MY, we ought to just go a few more miles to J O A N N S. Then, Mama will be so happy happy happy!

Sukochi you are too funny! I wouldn't mind a quilt shop road trip about now. Going through withdrawal. Didn't make it to NY for reunion and missed those quilt shops up there.

Have heard back on my request for the road trip. Answer was not what I expected, due to the subtle threat in my words. DH said " Road trip would make Daddy snappy, snappy, snappy!", Would you not just love to be a fly on the wall in this house? :{    Though it would appear so, THIS discussion is not over. Mama always GETS THE LAST WORD!!!  Stay tuned.

Sukochi

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 62,790
Jacy replied on Tue, Jul 23 2013 1:17 PM | Locked

Sukochi:
Have heard back on my request for the road trip. Answer was not what I expected, due to the subtle threat in my words. DH said " Road trip would make Daddy snappy, snappy, snappy!", Would you not just love to be a fly on the wall in this house? :{    Though it would appear so, THIS discussion is not over. Mama always GETS THE LAST WORD!!!  Stay tuned.

They say the way to a man's heart is through his stomach. Is their some restaurant on the way that he loves? Or make his favorite dinner/ dessert/treat, just butter him up till he can't hardly say no!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Tue, Jul 23 2013 1:42 PM | Locked

Jacy:
They say the way to a man's heart is through his stomach. Is their some restaurant on the way that he loves? Or make his favorite dinner/ dessert/treat, just butter

Does roller food at the Quik Trip count???

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,541
Points 46,765
Debbie-do replied on Tue, Jul 23 2013 2:05 PM | Locked

Sukochi:

What does that mean?

Why not just get in the car and head to Texas.  We have bunches of quilt shops and hardware stores!  I'll send you some wasabai peas to keep you awake!

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 62,790
Jacy replied on Tue, Jul 23 2013 2:09 PM | Locked

Sukochi:

Well for my DH it is things like steak for the BBQ, homemade pies and cookies. Junk food would send him running the opposite direction.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 62,790
Jacy replied on Tue, Jul 23 2013 2:20 PM | Locked

I haven't worked on a quilt yet, and when I do it will be a stack of HST's for the swap.

Here's something more exciting than that, quilt blocks that I've received in the mail the last couple of days for the quilt for a quilt many of us are making for Kristin. These blocks are beautiful.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Tue, Jul 23 2013 2:49 PM | Locked

All and all those are the prettiest combo f blocks and colors i have ever seen.  I am in love

Page 71 of 75 (1114 items) « First ... < Previous 69 70 71 72 73 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use