Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #8

Page 66 of 75 (1114 items) « First ... < Previous 64 65 66 67 68 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,113 Replies | 38 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 608
Points 9,680
Joyce replied on Fri, Jul 19 2013 10:45 PM | Locked

Sukochi that is nice.  will be waiting to see it finished.  Are those your post cards on the side?  I like them whatever they are.

JOyce

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Sat, Jul 20 2013 7:25 AM | Locked

Joyce:

Sukochi that is nice.  will be waiting to see it finished.  Are those your post cards on the side?  I like them whatever they are.

JOyce

Joyce, the post cards go all the way around the design wall, and I have started them all the way around the closet. I love making, and swapping, post cards.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Sat, Jul 20 2013 7:30 AM | Locked

Roxana:

Sukochi,

I love your charm quilt. Does it use just one pack of charms?

Roxana, yep, just one pack. If you used more you could add two more blacks and make it bigger. It finishes at only 40-1/2 by 49-1/2. That is why I am adding some more borders. I only had one of the charm squares. But, as I write this, I am thinking of going to a quilt shop down the road to see if they would have another.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Sat, Jul 20 2013 7:33 AM | Locked

Angele:

Sukochi I like your quilt! Is your background grey? That is what it looks like here.  It really makes your blocks pop.

Angele, the colors did not translate well at all. It is a soft blue. Quite pretty.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Sat, Jul 20 2013 7:35 AM | Locked

Michelle, that "Nana scrap" quilt is beautiful!!

Sukochi

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 706
Points 13,395
Michelle replied on Sat, Jul 20 2013 9:08 AM | Locked

Thanks Angele, 

The red was on the border strips that Nana had given me.  I took them all off her scraps and put them together and then used it as the small sashing.  I'm going to put the outer border on today.  Nana had already done the HSTs, all I had to do was arrange them and put the HSTs into rows.  I just have to find a backing that will work with this material.  I'm leaning toward minky, a light pink/red to match.  I love working with minky on the back.  

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 706
Points 13,395
Michelle replied on Sat, Jul 20 2013 9:10 AM | Locked

Nana,  Thank you!!  I am enjoying putting them together.  I just have to find the right backing. I should be able to get the last border on today. Will post a few more pics then.  Not as beautiful as yours, but I am loving this one.  Will be a perfect lap quilt.  Your sewing was so exact on these HSTs that I didn't have to do anything when putting them together.  Was amazed at how the points matched up!!  

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,506
Points 48,350
Angele replied on Sat, Jul 20 2013 9:12 AM | Locked

Sukochi:

Angele:

Sukochi I like your quilt! Is your background grey? That is what it looks like here.  It really makes your blocks pop.

Angele, the colors did not translate well at all. It is a soft blue. Quite pretty.

Your background really complements your blocks Sukochi. I can't wait to see how it will look with your borders on.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 2,560
Beth replied on Sat, Jul 20 2013 9:20 AM | Locked

Wow!! I've missed a lot while taking care of DGS1 and DGD1 this week...just amazed at all the creativity and accomplishments this week!!

Michelle, I love the purple purse and wallet...any little girl would LOVE to have those special gifts :), and the Nana scraps translated into a beautiful project...can't wait to see it with borders and quilted.bet its going to be fantastic!

Nana and Diana!! You two outdid yourselves in helping the economy! The fabrics and patterns are just beautiful....the purple, lavender and creams are my favorites!!!

Last Saturday I took my mom and 25 yr Old daughter down to the Amish Country to a quilt shop where mom has made a friend and wanted to visit :), was so excited..they had backing fabrics in 6 yd folds for 3.98/yd....such a wonderful price!!! Also bought a jellyroll to compliment some fabric I already had to make another one of my 17 nieces/nephews a quilt!

Nana, I can't wait for the day (maybe I shouldn't say this) that I have an empty bedroom to convert into a "quilting studio"...one room still houses my 22 y/o college grad who has just gotten his first "real"  job in business (Commercial Insurance Sales), and the other room is reserved for grandbabies who stay with Grammie way too much LOL!

Diana, I love the quilt you were doing the FMQ on, its beautiful...can't wait to see it finished !

Sukochi, I love your charm quilt, the colors are so soft and pretty :)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,950
Points 125,525
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Sat, Jul 20 2013 9:26 AM | Locked

Sukochi:
 Joyce, the post cards go all the way around the design wall, and I have started them all the way around the closet. I love making, and swapping, post cards.

Sukochi, I'm going to have to try my hand at postcards. Haven't ever made one.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,649
Points 52,690
Ginny replied on Sat, Jul 20 2013 9:32 AM | Locked

Beth, which quilt shop did you take your Mom and daughter to?   We went to a couple of them while on retreat.   Just wondering if it was the one I spent 2 days at.   LOL     Ginny

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,633
Points 48,820
Debbie-do replied on Sat, Jul 20 2013 9:56 AM | Locked

Does this count (have you worked on a quilt today?)??  http://www.jigsawplanet.com/THEQUILTSHOW/Album-1

My helper kitties won't let me do jigsaw puzzles but I've found a place where I can research quilts (you can use that line if you like) AND do jigsaw puzzles!  Enjoy!  (it's addictive, be forewarned!

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,950
Points 125,525
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Sat, Jul 20 2013 10:41 AM | Locked

Debbie-do:
I've found a place where I can research quilts (you can use that line if you like) AND do jigsaw puzzles!  Enjoy!  (it's addictive, be forewarned!

Nooo, Debbie-do.  This is awful, I've just spent the past 21 minutes just putting together the frame. I don't have time for this, I have to get my house cleaned for company coming in.....OMG, 1-1/2 hours!! I'm not showered, haven't had breakfast, dog is staring at me.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,405
Points 21,105
Carolyn (CarolBeau) replied on Sat, Jul 20 2013 10:58 AM | Locked

Love these fabrics so much!!

Michelle:

love the colors! 

Nana, here is the one I have been working on today! It's all the leftover squares you gave me from your quilt. Still have the borders to put on. Love the colors though. Thank you again for the "leftovers"!! 

Raleigh, NC

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,547
Points 417,049
gini replied on Sat, Jul 20 2013 11:11 AM | Locked

Cool blog spot

http://thehousequiltproject.blogspot.com/p/projects.html

gini in north idaho

Page 66 of 75 (1114 items) « First ... < Previous 64 65 66 67 68 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use