Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #8

Page 65 of 75 (1114 items) « First ... < Previous 63 64 65 66 67 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,113 Replies | 38 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,275
Points 26,990
Marsha-SM replied on Fri, Jul 19 2013 2:20 PM | Locked

Diana:

Nana's great buys..  

Diana:
 Nana's great buys.

Diana, thanks for posting Nana's purchases and her sewing room,   I seem to be looking at the deer panels I am fighting with now.  Is that a pillow panel or yardage next to the panel?  I just found the panels and one leaf fabric from the series at Walmart.

I think my quilts are jinxed!!  I have been fighting the huge things on my small machine and am almost ready to throw in the towel.  At least I don't need them done until the 27th instead of the 17th as I put in my last post!  This first one is my "practice quilt".  The second one should go much faster, (I hope!).  Wanted to have the first one quilted by today so that I could post a picture, but am only half done.  I am using the walking foot to FMQ and it is working.  It keeps the stitches more even and helps with the slight resistance when working in different directions.  May change to regular foot later, but not the FMQ foot.  I have left the feed dogs up with pressure foot pressure a little lighter.  When I set up for FMQ I can't get a balanced stitch (bobbin too tight) but don't want to adjust it because this is my only working machine and balance is perfect for seams.  I have done too much frogging while trying to FMQ this monster!!  I have a little background of the panel to do and most of the animals in the windows to outline, but all stitch-in-ditch is done around blocks.  l am echo-quilting around the deer and using the walking foot for spacing.  I like the look of the echo as it makes the deer and leaves stand out.  I thought it would be stiff, but it is not.

Wish this heat would leave!  Our Texan daughter was here last week and said it feels much worse here than in Houston.  Our humidity is much worse!!  I usually complain of HER humidity when we are there!!!  I don't remember a summer this hot in the last 30 or 40 years!  I feel for those in hotter areas, as we are staying in the low 90s  It is about 93 and sunny now and I am enjoying the airconditioner.   The poor little thing is doing a fairly good job keeping a few rooms cool enough for us to survive.  Need to get back to the monster quilts now, If the arthritic wrist and fingers allow.

Marsha - Western New York

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,090
Karla replied on Fri, Jul 19 2013 3:22 PM | Locked

We are at 106 right now, but no humidity, thank goodness.  That is one good thing about the desert.  I have been working on 4 different quilts in different stages of completion.  I need to get them done quick and out of the way, especially the one that is on the frame so I'm ready when I get all of those blocks in the mail.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Fri, Jul 19 2013 5:42 PM | Locked

Yes, I am working on a quilt today. Here is a picture.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 65
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,576
Points 36,070
ls2116 replied on Fri, Jul 19 2013 7:40 PM | Locked

Sukochi That looks great love the variety of fabric.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Fri, Jul 19 2013 7:55 PM | Locked

ls2116:

Sukochi That looks great love the variety of fabric.

Thanks, Is. This is a pattern to use with charm packs. It takes one charm pack and 1-1/4 yard for borders and sashing. However, I will add three more borders. Using charm square cornerstones with the last two borders. Stay tuned.  some of the fabrics I purchased the other day is the fabric line this quilt is made from. So, there is my borders fabric.

Sukochi

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 615
Points 11,735
Michelle replied on Fri, Jul 19 2013 8:13 PM | Locked

love the colors! 

Nana, here is the one I have been working on today! It's all the leftover squares you gave me from your quilt. Still have the borders to put on. Love the colors though. Thank you again for the "leftovers"!! 

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

• | Post Points: 65
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,379
Points 24,090
Roxana replied on Fri, Jul 19 2013 8:45 PM | Locked

Michelle, I love what you've done with the "leftovers." 

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,379
Points 24,090
Roxana replied on Fri, Jul 19 2013 8:47 PM | Locked

Sukochi,

I love your charm quilt. Does it use just one pack of charms?

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,295
Points 45,755
Angele replied on Fri, Jul 19 2013 9:05 PM | Locked

Wow Diane and Nana on the great haul. And Nana I love your sewing room, mine looks like a cave compared to yours....a very small cave!

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,295
Points 45,755
Angele replied on Fri, Jul 19 2013 9:06 PM | Locked

Diana it looks like you are doing great at free motion quilting.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Fri, Jul 19 2013 9:09 PM | Locked

Marsha

Those are pillow sized panels beside the big panel.  Don't know what I will do with it yet but DH always picks out animal prints and panels when he is with me...LOL

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Fri, Jul 19 2013 9:11 PM | Locked

Michelle

Your "leftovers" look great.  I am glad you are enjoying them.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,295
Points 45,755
Angele replied on Fri, Jul 19 2013 9:20 PM | Locked

Dee:

Your quilt is beautiful! My daughter's best friend, whom I love dearly, is expecting a child and I would love to make a quilt for the baby. My problem is that her theme colors are yellow and gray. Does anyone have any suggestions for fabric lines and/or patterns? I need to make it quickly. Thanks Dee

Dee I think you can do lots with yellow and grey. Pinwheels, jack in the box, chevron...

my nephew and his wife choose purple and yellow for their colors....way outside my comfort zone.. I picked a pattern that is quite modern. It's made of hexagons. I will post a picture tomorrow if I manage to get all my blocks together. Mi added some blue-green to break up the colors.

good luck in choosing a pattern. I just can't wait to see it.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,295
Points 45,755
Angele replied on Fri, Jul 19 2013 9:24 PM | Locked

Sukochi I like your quilt! Is your background grey? That is what it looks like here.  It really makes your blocks pop.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,295
Points 45,755
Angele replied on Fri, Jul 19 2013 9:27 PM | Locked

Michelle your "leftover" quilt looks great. The red really makes all the blocks shine.

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 35
Page 65 of 75 (1114 items) « First ... < Previous 63 64 65 66 67 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use