Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #8

Page 59 of 75 (1114 items) « First ... < Previous 57 58 59 60 61 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,113 Replies | 38 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,195
Points 24,070
Elizabeth replied on Fri, Jul 12 2013 1:32 AM | Locked

Judy T-Bellingham:

weezee56:
hopefully the birth Mother will change her mind before the 15th

Not knowing all the facts or all sides of the story, I could be wrong. But I'm a cynical person, not too proud of it, but there it is. I doubt if the birth mother will change her mind or her heart. I suspect that her world revolves around herself and not that innocent child. I doubt if she cares what trauma she inflicts on the baby as long as she can stroke her own ego by being "a mother".

Judy you are so right!  She gave up her other three children to be with the guy that is the father of this child.    Who knows what she will do when she gets tired of this man and child.  I think it is criminal that the county puts the child's needs last.  I speak from experience having adopted a 5 Year old who was Put through hell and 8 foster homes due to a crazy mother.. 

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

• | Post Points: 0
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,112
Points 410,989
gini replied on Fri, Jul 12 2013 1:49 AM | Locked

elizabeth,  that's a very sweet quilt.   i hope your friends get their baby back.  

michelle, fun fun quilt. nice job

gini in north idaho

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,324
Points 19,935
Carolyn (CarolBeau) replied on Fri, Jul 12 2013 7:30 AM | Locked

Elizabeth, wow.  I am so sorry.  I have a coworker who described a similar situation that she went through.  That is just heartbreaking.  I cannot even imagine.  It's a beautiful quit.  <3

Raleigh, NC

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,384
Points 119,271
Patti replied on Fri, Jul 12 2013 8:52 AM | Locked

I've worked for CPS.   One difficult problem we had was people calling in to make reports to us, after there was no longer evidence of abuse.  And when we were able to get involved, a court system that was reluctant to take away parents rights and extended the time period for the parents to make improvements.  But I worked with a very good team.  We did see successful adoptions and successful reunifications with birth parents.  But those cases involving drug or alcohol abuse by the parents were the most difficult and most likely to lead to permanent termination of parental rights. Also frustrating were reports of sexual abuse by parents fighting over custody.   There are parents that make these reports fraudulently and they were the most difficult cases to determine what was true.

Always contact Child Protective Services as soon as you suspect abuse or neglect.   Even in the middle of the night.   Even if the one report is not enough to do something, it can add to other evidence.   Reports can be made anonymously.

It is very unfortunate about the little girl who being given back to the birth mother.   I hope that if children's services has been involved that they will keep close watch over the child.  But if the case was solely determined based on whether the birth parent had a right to change her mind, children's services may not be involved at all. 

It is a very beautiful quilt.   That quilt very well may have an important impact on the child's life.   What a wonderful message in the label.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Fri, Jul 12 2013 9:42 AM | Locked

Elizabeth, the quilt is beautiful. Did the words " You are Smart, You are beautiful, you are loved" come from the movie The Help? That is what one maid said to the baby girl she brought up because that child's mother was more concerned with herself. Which sounds like the mother of this child. Sounds like she just wants attention and if that baby will get it for her, she wants it.  So sad. As a mother of an adopted child, I just can't understand how the state looks past a mother's bad behavior and not at the good for the child.

Michelle, beautiful work.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Fri, Jul 12 2013 9:45 AM | Locked

Oh, my, Judy. This is just beautiful. I love it. What a quilt!

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,041
Points 169,863
Marie replied on Fri, Jul 12 2013 11:21 AM | Locked

Mimi nice work on your "Four Square", love the colors!

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,041
Points 169,863
Marie replied on Fri, Jul 12 2013 11:28 AM | Locked

Judy, beautiful quilt made with your fall fabric swap fabrics, totally my colors.  Love the quilt on the chest as well, love the blues and browns and golds also.  My DD has my sisters chest very similar to that, it was called "Waterfall".

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,041
Points 169,863
Marie replied on Fri, Jul 12 2013 11:30 AM | Locked

Judy and Darlene, is the quilt wizard the one that's compatible with the Apple computer?

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,041
Points 169,863
Marie replied on Fri, Jul 12 2013 11:34 AM | Locked

Elizabeth, beautiful quilt but sad story.  My prayers for all concerned.  What a heart break!  God Bless.  

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,041
Points 169,863
Marie replied on Fri, Jul 12 2013 11:35 AM | Locked

Love that "crazy back" Michelle!

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,119
Points 110,645
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Fri, Jul 12 2013 11:40 AM | Locked

Marie:

Judy and Darlene, is the quilt wizard the one that's compatible with the Apple computer?

Marie, I really don't know. Kris is the Mac person. Never used a Mac.Only Apple product I have is my iPhone.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 76
Points 1,010
Cindy replied on Fri, Jul 12 2013 11:49 AM | Locked

Elizabeth the quilt is beautiful. How did you quilt it, long-arm, machine or hand?

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 76
Points 1,010
Cindy replied on Fri, Jul 12 2013 11:53 AM | Locked

Elizabeth, that is a sad, sad story. I have heard of that happening so many times! My heart goes out to that family. Will be praying for them all.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Fri, Jul 12 2013 2:08 PM | Locked

Judy

Your quilt turned out beautifully.  I am glad that you discovered that the larger size isn't all that hard to quilt.

Vinton, Virginia

Page 59 of 75 (1114 items) « First ... < Previous 57 58 59 60 61 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use