Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #8

Page 58 of 75 (1114 items) « First ... < Previous 56 57 58 59 60 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,113 Replies | 38 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 77
Points 1,015
Cindy replied on Thu, Jul 11 2013 10:21 AM | Locked

Judy, the quilt is gorgeous! So is the one on the chest! You do pretty work!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 490
Points 9,250
Darlene replied on Thu, Jul 11 2013 1:28 PM | Locked

Judy

I am in awe of the different quilts you design using your EQ7 I am hoping to 1 day design like you do.I have been playing with the quilt wizard you donated at Branson having fun but not in the same categories as your quilts.I have done a few small quilts using the wizard makes life easier when it cal;culates sizes for you.

Thanks for donating so I could try it

Darlene(2manyhorses)

• | Post Points: 0
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,927
Points 125,065
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Thu, Jul 11 2013 2:26 PM | Locked

Darlene:
.I have been playing with the quilt wizard you donated at Branson

Darlene, glad you're using the design program.   

Really, weird lately. My preferences are set to receive emails but I'm not getting them. Not even those that I post myself. They show up on QCA but I don't get the email notifications. Ah well, just another bugaboo. I'll have to be sure to check QCA site often for any postings I've missed.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,927
Points 125,065
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Thu, Jul 11 2013 2:29 PM | Locked

Mimi:

Judy T-Bellingham:
I used the charms from our fall fabric swap last year.

Wow Judy.  That's a keeper. So pretty.  You're a great designer.  Isn't that the Mark Twain quilt on the chest?  That one is a keeper too.

Goodness Mimi, it always amazes me what people remember. Yes, it is the Mark Twain quilt I made for George. It's too small for the bed and a bit too large for a lap quilt. Normally I have it displayed on my quilt rack but it got pushed off by other quilts.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 608
Points 9,680
Joyce replied on Thu, Jul 11 2013 4:57 PM | Locked

Judy both quilts are very pretty.  You are inspiring me to get downstairs and start working on quilting one of my huge quilts I started working on then haven't gotten back to.  Your cedar chest looks like one my mom had and my daughter has now.  Hers was very old but my daughter loves it mainly because it was mom's.  I got the other one.  I really wanted both and had them here but didn't want to be stingy. ha

Beautiful work.

Joyce

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 608
Points 9,680
Joyce replied on Thu, Jul 11 2013 5:06 PM | Locked

Michelle, I think the coffee cups are great, I would never have come up with that.  You have to be part artist to do that.   I love the colors.  I'm like Debbie if you just hate that qult red would match one of my bedrooms. ha

Joyce

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,927
Points 125,065
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Thu, Jul 11 2013 5:31 PM | Locked

Joyce:
Your cedar chest looks like one my mom had and my daughter has now.  Hers was very old

It's probably 75 years old or more. I love it, not because it's a pretty chest (it's really not), but because it's only one of two pieces of furniture I have that belonged to my mom. The other piece is a square sewing stool with the removable seat. The sewing things inside belonged to mom. I don't use it  but it sits by my sewing machine.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,312
Points 26,945
Elizabeth replied on Thu, Jul 11 2013 6:35 PM | Locked

Judy it came out great!!!

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,312
Points 26,945
Elizabeth replied on Thu, Jul 11 2013 6:45 PM | Locked

Finished another quilt last night.  This was comissioned by my DMIL.  This baby quilt has a sad story behind it.  A very good family friend got a baby girl to adopt the day she was born.  Two weeks later they were told the mother wanted to keep her.  (the mom is a drug addict and has already given up three children)  the county is on the mom's side.  Our friend has had the baby for a year now and has to give her back to the mom August 15th.  Makes my blood boil!!!!  here is the quilt and the label

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

• | Post Points: 125
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,927
Points 125,065
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Thu, Jul 11 2013 6:54 PM | Locked

Elizabeth, that is such a precious baby quilt. But what a sad and tragic story for your friend and for that baby. That poor little child will be torn from the family she has bonded with and to an uncertain future.

Breaks my heart.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,645
Points 52,565
Ginny replied on Thu, Jul 11 2013 7:44 PM | Locked

Such a beautiful quilt for that baby.  Life just isn't fair sometimes.   Ginny

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,243
Points 19,345
weezee56 replied on Thu, Jul 11 2013 8:11 PM | Locked

Mimi and Judy very nice quilts, Elizabeth what a sad story to go with a beautiful baby quilt, hopefully the birth Mother will change her mind before the 15th of August. I pray your friend gets to keep the little girl.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,927
Points 125,065
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Thu, Jul 11 2013 8:39 PM | Locked

weezee56:
hopefully the birth Mother will change her mind before the 15th

Not knowing all the facts or all sides of the story, I could be wrong. But I'm a cynical person, not too proud of it, but there it is. I doubt if the birth mother will change her mind or her heart. I suspect that her world revolves around herself and not that innocent child. I doubt if she cares what trauma she inflicts on the baby as long as she can stroke her own ego by being "a mother".

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 704
Points 13,370
Michelle replied on Thu, Jul 11 2013 8:54 PM | Locked

What a beautiful quilt,  a very sad story.  Praying for the family, that baby girl that maybe things will change for this family.  

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 704
Points 13,370
Michelle replied on Thu, Jul 11 2013 9:10 PM | Locked

Joyce, thank you. I finished the binding last night!! Had a great time doing the coffee cups, first time I've tried them, but loved the freedom.  

Here is a picture of the back.  This is the first time I've done something "crazy" on the back!!

This is a close up of the quilting. I had so much fun making the coffee cups in the quilting! 

ok, its on the back of my couch for now until I need a gift!!  

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

• | Post Points: 35
Page 58 of 75 (1114 items) « First ... < Previous 56 57 58 59 60 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use