Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #8

Page 51 of 75 (1114 items) « First ... < Previous 49 50 51 52 53 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,113 Replies | 38 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 333
Points 6,005
Helen replied on Sat, Jul 6 2013 8:32 PM | Locked

Bless your mom Angele!!  Quilt is absolutely wonderful!

Juliene wishing you a speedy recovery and sounds like you are well on your way.

Love seeing all the projects being worked on and/or finished.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 333
Points 6,005
Helen replied on Sat, Jul 6 2013 8:35 PM | Locked

Forgot to ask, does anyone else have a problem logging on to QCA from AOL?  I have checked with Admin and haven't been able to rectify the problem.  I can view this in Google Chrome.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks,

Helen

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Jul 6 2013 9:06 PM | Locked

Angele, your mom is amazing!  I hope to be that productive/creative at that age!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Jul 6 2013 9:07 PM | Locked

Julienne:
Hi all, I am back. Not 100% yet. Seems to have been a stroke.

Julienne, lifting prayers for your continued recovery!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,344
Points 28,400
Marsha-SM replied on Sun, Jul 7 2013 9:16 AM | Locked

Judy T-Bellingham:
Not sure I'm real happy about the chore ahead of me. I'd much rather be piecing something new.

I am feeling the same about the project facing me!  Mine aren't quite as big - 69 x 97 - but there are 2 of them!  Seeing your bundle nestled around your machine is giving me nightmares!!!  Good luck with your mini-tents!

Have not been on here for a while - life has gotten in the way.  I even missed the QCA meltdown!  But then yesterday, I got back on here and found I wasn't logged in and found 4 emails saying I had requested a new password!  I didn't because I haven't even been online since June 27!  The link to changing password didn't work, ACCESS DENIED!  I finally went to QCA area this morning and found that Fogbugz IS the system they are using.  Two emails were from them and there was a password included there, but I wasn't sure if it was legitimate.  Wish we would get emails from admin. when they make changes like that, especially after the hacking that has been going on.  I tried the password it - it worked!  I have changed back to my usual password for now and am back! 

I finally got pictures of the 2 quilt tops I have made for college roomies Grandson and Grandnephew.  I finally got the strength to string a clothesline between 2 branches of a locust tree - approximately 9 feet above the ground!  I needed to do it with a very wobbly 6 foot stepladder.  I hung each quilt (had to climb ladder twice to hang each one) and with the weight of the quilt top causing the line to droop, it just touched the grass.  Unfortunately, the wind was a problem, but the pictures were taken.  Here they are in all their blurry and wind-distorted glory!

I plan to stitch in the ditch between blocks and around the windows strips.  Then may outline the animals, etc.  I have never used Aurifil thread, but have a varigated light earthtones type thread (don't remember color name) that I may try to use.  These quilts were fun to make, but my time limit is getting shorter and shorter!  The heat and rain put off the picture process - not to mention the fatigue, aches, and pains caused by this weather.  My deadline is July 17th - grandson's graduation party.  Grandnephew's was last Saturday, but I gave him a card telling him he would get his gift at grandson's party.  I didn't want to spoil the surprise of these quilts.  Now I have to spend the next 2 weeks fighting these through the machine.  I plan to lay out one quilt today and baste it.  Hopefully I will be able to keep out of the truck after Monday.  Monday will be a busy day because of the holiday shutting things down the end of last week.  We expect to be swamped with calves and cows to move.

Hope you and everyone else had an enjoyable holiday.  We just stayed home and rested! 

Marsha - Western New York

• | Post Points: 170
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,518
Points 50,900
Ginny replied on Sun, Jul 7 2013 9:39 AM | Locked

Marsha, those quilts are glorious!  I bet both boys are going to really love on you forever for those masterpieces.  I hear you about the weather related arthritis pains.  I had to call my Dr and all he could do for now was up my prednisone to a level I don't want to stay on until he can see me next week.  Have fun quilting those 2 quilts.    Ginny

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,195
Points 24,070
Elizabeth replied on Sun, Jul 7 2013 10:44 AM | Locked

Angele,

This is wonderful.  god bless your mom!

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,195
Points 24,070
Elizabeth replied on Sun, Jul 7 2013 10:48 AM | Locked

Marsha, these are great.  You will get it done!

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,781
Points 30,895
Roxana replied on Sun, Jul 7 2013 10:53 AM | Locked

Marsha, welcome back! ... I love your quilts!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,195
Points 24,070
Elizabeth replied on Sun, Jul 7 2013 10:56 AM | Locked

have not been on the site much lately as I have bee quilting away!!  Got UFO number 6 done and UFO #7 (last one) just needs the binding finished.  Number 6 is for me my "Spring" bed quilt.  For the Leavenworth ladies this is one I was working on at the retreat.

and here is a close up of the quilting.

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

• | Post Points: 125
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,577
Points 118,625
Judy Taylor-Bellingham replied on Sun, Jul 7 2013 11:04 AM | Locked

Elizabeth, it's beautiful. Love the pastel spring colors.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,781
Points 30,895
Roxana replied on Sun, Jul 7 2013 11:34 AM | Locked

I haven't worked on a quilt this morning other than picking out fabrics for a sampler quilt BUT I did finish the top of a Table Runner I am making for our local Guild's table at the fall craft fair. This is only a portion of it...

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,344
Points 28,400
Marsha-SM replied on Sun, Jul 7 2013 11:41 AM | Locked

Elizabeth:

have not been on the site much lately as I have bee quilting away!!  Got UFO number 6 done and UFO #7 (last one) just needs the binding finished.  Number 6 is for me my "Spring" bed quilt.

Love your spring quilt - love the pastel colors and simplicity of the design.  Gives me ideas!

Marsha - Western New York

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Sun, Jul 7 2013 11:51 AM | Locked

Marsha-SM:
I finally got pictures of the 2 quilt tops I have made for college roomies Grandson and Grandnephew.  I finally got the strength to string a clothesline between 2 branches of a locust tree - approximately 9 feet above the ground!  I needed to do it with a very wobbly 6 foot stepladder.  I hung each quilt (had to climb ladder twice to hang each one) and with the weight of the quilt top causing the line to droop, it just touched the grass.  Unfortunately, the wind was a problem, but the pictures were taken.  Here they are in all their blurry and wind-distorted glory!

Marsha - they definitely are in their glory - you did a wonderful job on these quilts and I bet the boys will love them.  Good move to give them both out at the same time.  I bet they will be amazed.  I love Attic Window quilts and these are extra special.  Great job!  Hopefully you can get lots of time to quilt them and not have to go out on the truck the next week or so.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Sun, Jul 7 2013 11:53 AM | Locked

Elizabeth:
have not been on the site much lately as I have bee quilting away!!  Got UFO number 6 done and UFO #7 (last one) just needs the binding finished.  Number 6 is for me my "Spring" bed quilt.  For the Leavenworth ladies this is one I was working on at the retreat.

Elizabeth - your pastels quilt is beautiful as is the quilting.  Good job for getting it done and out of the UFO status.  Love it!

Page 51 of 75 (1114 items) « First ... < Previous 49 50 51 52 53 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use