Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #8

Page 44 of 75 (1114 items) « First ... < Previous 42 43 44 45 46 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,113 Replies | 38 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,599
Points 119,065
Judy Taylor-Bellingham replied on Mon, Jul 1 2013 7:08 PM | Locked

Jacy, I adore your daughters quilt. What a treasure.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,737
Points 66,680
Bonita replied on Mon, Jul 1 2013 7:23 PM | Locked

Agnes:

Bonita:' Thank you for your kind words. For quilting I used the walking foot and just stitched straight lines in the narrow sashings. What a bonus that I d didnty have to mark anything. Before I quilted I draped front and back over the ironing board and worked from center outwards sticking one safety pin in each block.

Thanks Agnes, I couldn't get back to you before, the site was down as I'm sure you know. My fabric for the border came in and will go from there.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,737
Points 66,680
Bonita replied on Mon, Jul 1 2013 7:27 PM | Locked

Jacy, what a sweet quilt and a labor of love. I'm sure she will treasure it for years to come.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Mon, Jul 1 2013 9:00 PM | Locked

Jacy
I love the quilt.  I know that your DD will cherish it forever.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, Jul 1 2013 10:31 PM | Locked

Jacy, I zoomed in tight to see all the cute details included on this quilt.  What a lot of work, but it is just adorable!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,135
Jacy replied on Mon, Jul 1 2013 11:02 PM | Locked

Thank you all for your comments on my quilt. It was a fun one to make, even though the only real quilting fabric was for the backing and binding. Luckily I didn't save clothes from my other kids, their clothes got handed down and wore out. Or else I would have been stuck making 7 more of these. The other kids will have to settle for a jeans quilt someday.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,717
Points 38,350
ls2116 replied on Mon, Jul 1 2013 11:14 PM | Locked

Jacy i haven't seen your quilt yet, but i'll be sure to look for it.  I can't wait till i'm done with the one i'm working on now.  

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,717
Points 38,350
ls2116 replied on Mon, Jul 1 2013 11:21 PM | Locked

I found it Jacy it is impressive!  My hat goes off to you!

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 436
Points 7,025
Julienne replied on Tue, Jul 2 2013 8:05 AM | Locked

Hi everyone,

I write this with sadness in my heart. I have been trying to quilt and as QCA has been down, that may have been a good or bad thing for me. As I did need all my friends, I was very busy and not able to be on much.

As alot of you know, I am very private and keep to myself about alot of things. I have posted that I was a Director and CEO of IT for a large Company for many many many years....ugh but I was also an RN, BSN.

Near me there was a beautiful 94 year old lady who died last night. I have been working with hospice best I could  to take care of her in her final days. I have grown to love that woman over that several years and she went down with a fight.  She was not sick, never took a pill in her life for any thing and if she had a headache she took a baby aspirin.  She was fantastic. I hope I can have the life she did. 

In November she started to get dementia, so I was spending alot of time with her when a hospice nurse was not there. She has limited family here. Most of them live in the Chicago area. The last two days were the hardest. I have had almost no sleep, as I have been there and getting her family down here before her last breaths. So between making her comfortable, and keeping her calm as she was getting ready to pass, I was dealing with family until wee hours of the night.

She called for me to be in her room, I came in and she kissed me. and then she stopped breathing a short time later as we held hands last night. I had to make all the calls while the family was then with her until the hospice nurse could come and call official TOD. And we could dispose of all the last minute meds the doctors had put her on for comfort.

So please keep this family in your hearts today as they grieve the loss of one wonderful woman. Henrietta was loved by all and will be in my heart forever. 

Thanks

Julienne

• | Post Points: 125
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,334
Points 20,045
Carolyn (CarolBeau) replied on Tue, Jul 2 2013 8:16 AM | Locked

I am sorry for your loss, Julienne.  That sounds like a very emotional night.  Hang in there.  <3

Raleigh, NC

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 77
Points 1,015
Cindy replied on Tue, Jul 2 2013 9:55 AM | Locked

Jacy, what an adorable quilt! She will treasure it. I made each of my daughters a quilt wall hanging made from the scraps of the dresses my mom made for them when they were little. It was fun watching them identify each fabric in their quilt.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,372
Points 175,018
Marie replied on Tue, Jul 2 2013 9:56 AM | Locked

Julienne, so sorry for your loss, prayers going up for you and Henrietta's family.  Looks like you were her family for her last few years.  God Bless you!  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,372
Points 175,018
Marie replied on Tue, Jul 2 2013 9:58 AM | Locked

What a treasure Jacy, it's beautiful!

Millbury, MA

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 77
Points 1,015
Cindy replied on Tue, Jul 2 2013 10:00 AM | Locked

Julienne:

Hi everyone,

I write this with sadness in my heart. I have been trying to quilt and as QCA has been down, that may have been a good or bad thing for me. As I did need all my friends, I was very busy and not able to be on much.

As alot of you know, I am very private and keep to myself about alot of things. I have posted that I was a Director and CEO of IT for a large Company for many many many years....ugh but I was also an RN, BSN.

Near me there was a beautiful 94 year old lady who died last night. I have been working with hospice best I could  to take care of her in her final days. I have grown to love that woman over that several years and she went down with a fight.  She was not sick, never took a pill in her life for any thing and if she had a headache she took a baby aspirin.  She was fantastic. I hope I can have the life she did. 

In November she started to get dementia, so I was spending alot of time with her when a hospice nurse was not there. She has limited family here. Most of them live in the Chicago area. The last two days were the hardest. I have had almost no sleep, as I have been there and getting her family down here before her last breaths. So between making her comfortable, and keeping her calm as she was getting ready to pass, I was dealing with family until wee hours of the night.

She called for me to be in her room, I came in and she kissed me. and then she stopped breathing a short time later as we held hands last night. I had to make all the calls while the family was then with her until the hospice nurse could come and call official TOD. And we could dispose of all the last minute meds the doctors had put her on for comfort.

So please keep this family in your hearts today as they grieve the loss of one wonderful woman. Henrietta was loved by all and will be in my heart forever. 

Thanks

Julienne

Julienne,

My prayers are with Henrietta's family and with you. What a wonderful thing you did for her! You are a true friend in every sense of the word. Take time to grieve, you have suffered a loss as well. Praying for you all.

Cindy

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 77
Points 1,015
Cindy replied on Tue, Jul 2 2013 10:07 AM | Locked

Agnes, Your summer quilt is beautiful! I love the storage cabinet too. What a great idea!

Page 44 of 75 (1114 items) « First ... < Previous 42 43 44 45 46 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use