Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #8

Page 43 of 75 (1114 items) « First ... < Previous 41 42 43 44 45 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,113 Replies | 38 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Wed, Jun 26 2013 3:02 PM | Locked

Debbie:

not sure where else to ask questions but here's something else I saw on Pininterest and wondered if anyone has used?                    

You need to try these Little Genie Magic Bobbin Washers.

These small Teflon washers sit inside your bobbin case and help your bobbin thread glide smoothly and evenly while you quilt.

This completely eliminates backlash and bird's nests on the back of your quilt.

The Magic Bobbin Washers are very easy to use. Just drop a washer into your bobbin case and replace the bobbin and insert it into your machine  just like normal. One washer can easily last over a year, and each pack comes with twelve washers--making them perfect to share with friends.

Do they work or is it just a sales pitch?  I mean I know its a sales pitch but are they worth it?  here's the site http://www.daystyledesigns.com/ultimatekit.htm

Hi Debbie, I had been using these for over 5 years with my older Bernina machine for FMQ'g.  They really did help with the back-lashing!   My new 830LE has the new bigger bobbin which is good, but you cannot use the magic bobbin washers in the newly designed case.  But, so far with this new machine, I haven't had the need.

If you have had ANY problem with backlash and birds nests, I would recommend trying the bobbin washers.  They were worth every penny IMHO!

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,037
Points 369,052
Kris replied on Wed, Jun 26 2013 6:05 PM | Locked

Debbie,

I agree that the bobbin washers work. They also last a long time. I only replaced what I dropped (and couldn't find) when changing my bobbin. The only problem I had, with one machine, is that they block the sensor that tells me my bobbin is low on thread. 

I think they're worth the investment.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,346
Points 30,555
Agnes replied on Wed, Jun 26 2013 7:14 PM | Locked

Bonita:

Love your summer flower quilt Agnes. I'm making one for DGD, how did you quilt the back to the front?

Bonita:' Thank you for your kind words. For quilting I used the walking foot and just stitched straight lines in the narrow sashings. What a bonus that I d didnty have to mark anything. Before I quilted I draped front and back over the ironing board and worked from center outwards sticking one safety pin in each block.

Agnes in NW Ontario

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,346
Points 30,555
Agnes replied on Wed, Jun 26 2013 7:18 PM | Locked

Valerie:

Absolutly amazing. this is such a nice quilt. I could only dream of quilting that well. You should be very proud of this quilt.

Valerie: Thank you for your kind words. I feel that it is the walking foot that does the work for me. Between shoulder issues and just plain frustration with the free motion quilting I am going back to using the walking foot primarily. I strongly believe that my hobbies should be relaxing and not cause frustrations. 

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,402
Points 119,641
Patti replied on Thu, Jun 27 2013 2:16 PM | Locked

Well, this morning I sandwiched and pined a throw size quilt. One of my many UFOs.  Hope to get it done before the end of the month.  This afternoon I go to a neighbor's house and we are both working on Pam Bono's Out of darkness quilt.  I started it maybe 10 years ago, and I am now on block 5.  My goal there is to get one done a week.  Boy, they have a lot of pieces.  Nearly 200 per block.

Well, time to clean up and head out.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,933
Points 125,230
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Thu, Jun 27 2013 2:21 PM | Locked

Patti:

Well, this morning I sandwiched and pined a throw size quilt. One of my many UFOs.  Hope to get it done before the end of the month.  This afternoon I go to a neighbor's house and we are both working on Pam Bono's Out of darkness quilt.  I started it maybe 10 years ago, and I am now on block 5.  My goal there is to get one done a week.  Boy, they have a lot of pieces.  Nearly 200 per block.

Well, time to clean up and head out.

That is an ambitious project. Are you doing the dark or light one? Can you post the blocks you've completed?

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,933
Points 125,230
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Thu, Jun 27 2013 2:23 PM | Locked

Patti, one other question. Are these paper pieced, appliqued, pieced or a combo?

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 795
Points 12,825
Quiltless replied on Mon, Jul 1 2013 12:51 PM | Locked

Elizabeth!  This is impressive!  What a beautiful quilt.  Your feathers are awesome. 

Congratulations on a job very well done!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, Jul 1 2013 2:36 PM | Locked

Well, I thought when I checked in here that I'd see lots of new quilts.  For all the time QCA was down, we all should have gotten a lot of sewing done.  Ha, ha - not me!    I am going to a friend's condo to sew tomorrow.  Will continue working on my 500 HSTs for the fall swap back in groups.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,246
Points 19,420
weezee56 replied on Mon, Jul 1 2013 3:04 PM | Locked

Hello all . I have missed you. My internet went out Thursday 6:00 pm est. and when I finally got it back QCA was down. I was going throught withdrawals. I feel much better now.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,440
Jacy replied on Mon, Jul 1 2013 3:19 PM | Locked

MNnancy:
Well, I thought when I checked in here that I'd see lots of new quilts.

Well I did post a pic of a quilt earlier today but it seems to not have posted, so I'll post it again.

Here's a quilt I made for my DD who is 6, it's made from many of her cutest clothes that I had saved. It was a really fun project, well except for unpicking all those cute labels, bows and other embellishments but they were too cute not to include.

• | Post Points: 110
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,649
Points 52,690
Ginny replied on Mon, Jul 1 2013 5:30 PM | Locked

Jacy, The quilt for your daughter is just darling.  How unique.    Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Mon, Jul 1 2013 5:53 PM | Locked

Jacy, this is so adorable.

I read a book about a mom who was working on a quilt, while riding across the country to take her daughter to her first year at college. The quilt was made of old clothes from the girl, her mom, and her grandmother. What a special quilt that would be.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,092
Leslie replied on Mon, Jul 1 2013 6:11 PM | Locked

Jacy, what a sweet quilt

[Ava, Missouri

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 102
Points 1,730
winurse replied on Mon, Jul 1 2013 6:57 PM | Locked

Your quilt is awesome.   What a treasure.   I made my niece a quilt from some of her baby clothes that my sister had saved.   It was a surprise for her 21st birthday.  She loves it.   Now I am the "most awesome aunt ever" .   Nice to be in that position for a minute or two.  

God Bless ,   Sharon

Page 43 of 75 (1114 items) « First ... < Previous 41 42 43 44 45 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use