Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #8

Page 40 of 75 (1114 items) « First ... < Previous 38 39 40 41 42 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,113 Replies | 38 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 607
Points 9,675
Joyce replied on Sat, Jun 22 2013 1:55 PM | Locked

Elizabeth that quilt is beautiful.  I love feathers and you did a great job on it.  Do you quilt (longarm) for other people? 

Joyce

Maryland

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 607
Points 9,675
Joyce replied on Sat, Jun 22 2013 1:57 PM | Locked

Judy these are so cute.  I don't blame your husband for wanting to keep them. 

Joyce

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,249
Points 25,305
Elizabeth replied on Sat, Jun 22 2013 2:31 PM | Locked

Joyce:

Elizabeth that quilt is beautiful.  I love feathers and you did a great job on it.  Do you quilt (longarm) for other people? 

Joyce

Maryland

Joyce,  I ant to but am not good at selling myself

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,452
Points 47,765
Angele replied on Sat, Jun 22 2013 2:51 PM | Locked

Oh Judy I love those blocks.  So much fun!

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,452
Points 47,765
Angele replied on Sat, Jun 22 2013 3:08 PM | Locked

I so agree with you Nancy. Unless you love to fish and hunt, the fabrics get kinda bland. I wish they would come up with something fun. This year's muted colors with deer, bear...does nothing for me.  With all the bright colors of the wild flowers, I truly think they could make something amazing. But that's just my thought.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,452
Points 47,765
Angele replied on Sat, Jun 22 2013 3:13 PM | Locked

Pat your quilt looks great. You're right, your DGS won't care if each and e Rey point matches but will cherish the quilt you took the time to make.  I think he will have great dreams under it.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,452
Points 47,765
Angele replied on Sat, Jun 22 2013 3:17 PM | Locked

Elizabeth I love the colors, perfect for spring or summer. You did an amazing job on the feather quilting. That is a part of machine quilting that intimidates me. So if this quilt has no home, I will definitively give it the best home, love and care.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,249
Points 25,305
Elizabeth replied on Sat, Jun 22 2013 3:41 PM | Locked

Angele:

Elizabeth I love the colors, perfect for spring or summer. You did an amazing job on the feather quilting. That is a part of machine quilting that intimidates me. So if this quilt has no home, I will definitively give it the best home, love and care.

Angele, feathers scared me to until I found the book Hooked on feathers,  with this technique there is no backtracking and so easy.

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,185
Points 18,175
weezee56 replied on Sat, Jun 22 2013 3:56 PM | Locked

Judy T-Bellingham:
Just for grins, I made two of the blocks from the Shop Hop.

They are both so cute, I love the umbrella girl.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,185
Points 18,175
weezee56 replied on Sat, Jun 22 2013 4:01 PM | Locked

Pat your quilt looks great to me. We are our own worst critics.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,185
Points 18,175
weezee56 replied on Sat, Jun 22 2013 4:07 PM | Locked

Elizabeth:
I free motion the quilt on my long arm in the hooked on feathers technique.

Elizabeth, I love this pattern, I saw one like it in a catalog. Was it hard to make?

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,185
Points 18,175
weezee56 replied on Sat, Jun 22 2013 4:19 PM | Locked

Elizabeth:
feathers scared me to until I found the book Hooked on feathers,

thank you for the book review. I just went to ebay and ordered one. I'm scared to even try feathers, I love the look they give.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Jun 22 2013 4:22 PM | Locked

Elizabeth:

Oh, wow, Elizabeth!  You do beautiful work!  I will never be that good with my quilting.  Do you run a quilting business?

- - - - -

Edit:  I see your answer above.  Do you belong to a guild?  That is a good starting point for getting into business.   Take some of your projects for show and tell to let people see the quality of your work, and you'll get some inquiries.  I would take your projects to local quilt stores, too, and ask them if they will distribute your business card when customers ask about quilting.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,249
Points 25,305
Elizabeth replied on Sat, Jun 22 2013 4:35 PM | Locked

weezee56:

Elizabeth:

Elizabeth, I love this pattern, I saw one like it in a catalog. Was it hard to make?

Weezee, you will LOVE the book it makes feathers soooo easy.  As for the pattern I bought it pattern a year ago at my LQS took one look at the instructions and put it away.  Fast forward a year and my LQS had a class with this pattern.  It is SO easy,  the secret is to construct it in rows from the center out.  What scared me about the instructions is that for each size you cut differant size strips.  Once that was clear easy peasy.  I did the queen size but changed the color order of the border because I wanted the lynbrith to float

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,249
Points 25,305
Elizabeth replied on Sat, Jun 22 2013 4:37 PM | Locked

MNnancy:
Edit:  I see your answer above.  Do you belong to a guild?  That is a good starting point for getting into business.   Take some of your projects for show and tell to let people see the quality of your work, and you'll get some inquiries.  I would take your projects to local quilt stores, too, and ask them if they will distribute your business card when customers ask about quilting.

What scares me is that it will become work and then will not be fun anymore.  I have passed out cards at my LQS and guild but am very shy at quoting prices.

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

Page 40 of 75 (1114 items) « First ... < Previous 38 39 40 41 42 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use