Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #8

Page 39 of 75 (1114 items) « First ... < Previous 37 38 39 40 41 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,113 Replies | 38 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,933
Points 125,230
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Fri, Jun 21 2013 11:42 PM | Locked

MNnancy:

Judy, I like both of those alot!  That's unusual to be given the fabric, too.  On our big state shop hop, we only get one charm and a free block pattern from each store

I should elaborate. At each shop we get the block pattern that shop has designed. They are required to also give us at least two pieces of the shop hop fabric line plus one piece of their choosing. Some shops only do the minimum amount of fabric and you have to provide the rest to complete the block. Or, for $1 or $2 buy a "finishing kit". (which I don't do). Some shops give you enough fabric to complete the entire block.

Here's this year's fabric line. At the first shop we went to I bought a set of 1/2 yards. The 2nd picture is a sample of how the quilt shop packages the hand out.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,560
Points 47,935
Pat Lancaster replied on Sat, Jun 22 2013 5:34 AM | Locked

Judy, I finished the top and I can live with it, but I'm not real happy with it. The pattern is full of HSTs and I didn't have enough fabric to make them the way I like to ( sew two squares together) so I had to work with all those nasty bias edges. A lot of areas don't match up real well especially in the border. I doubt that DGS will care, LOL. I am in the process of piecng the back. I bought the fabric several years ago and didn't have a pattern, don't know what I was thining with the amounts I bought. Anyway, the pattern is on Quilting Treasures web site and it is free.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,560
Points 47,935
Pat Lancaster replied on Sat, Jun 22 2013 5:39 AM | Locked

Judy, your hot pads are very cute. I'm sure your friend will like the,. The fabric line looks like some fun quilts to come. Or some cute little girls dresses. ( have an 18 mo dgd, lol so that's how my mind works these days.)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Jun 22 2013 7:57 AM | Locked

Judy T-Bellingham:

Here's this year's fabric line. At the first shop we went to I bought a set of 1/2 yards. The 2nd picture is a sample of how the quilt shop packages the hand out.

That is such fun fabric!  That's the other thing about the MN Shop Hop - the fabric line is always either lakes & woods themed (deep colors), or snow themed (blues and whites).  Different fabric manufacturers produce the design line each year, but after a few years, it seems like we've seen it all. I would love to see them pick out something "fun" for a change.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,092
Leslie replied on Sat, Jun 22 2013 8:01 AM | Locked

Pat, very cute quilt

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,092
Leslie replied on Sat, Jun 22 2013 8:01 AM | Locked

Judy, love those fabrics

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,703
Points 179,728
Marie replied on Sat, Jun 22 2013 9:36 AM | Locked

Judy, your hot pads are just too cute!

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,933
Points 125,230
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Sat, Jun 22 2013 10:17 AM | Locked

Nana:

Judy  Those are so cute.   I like them as mug rugs or hot pads a lot better than in a quilt.....personally....LOL

Thanks Nana, that's how I feel.  I have no intention of making the quilt, even if I had all the patterns. It's fun to make the little odd projects.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,933
Points 125,230
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Sat, Jun 22 2013 10:27 AM | Locked

Donna B:
was going to ask where all your free block patterns and fabrics were!  (I didn't see them in your 1st pictures...lol!)  These are so cute,but that whole quilt is fantastic...the only reason I even thought about going was for these patterns and fabrics.

There is always next t year Donna. There is also a Stash Dash on the Peninsula October 4th, 5th, 6th. Each shop gives a free fat quarter!  There isn't much info on the website yet, but they will be posting shops closer to the event. We went last year for the first time. Quite a bit of driving from Port Townsend up to Port Angeles, back to Poulsbo, Port Gamble etc etc. But it's so beautiful over there that it's a wonderful outing for the day.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,933
Points 125,230
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Sat, Jun 22 2013 10:40 AM | Locked

Pat Lancaster:
The fabric line looks like some fun quilts to come. Or some cute little girls dresses.

Dresses? You mean real sewing? Dear me, haven't done that since I made Halloween costumes for my granddaughter 10 years ago!  :-}  Way back when, I made most of my clothes and my kids clothes. Even made all my daughters prom dresses. But that was nearly 30 years ago. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,933
Points 125,230
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Sat, Jun 22 2013 10:41 AM | Locked

Thanks Marie. Even hubby liked them and doesn't want me to give them away. So I'll have to make some more to keep.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,499
Points 48,285
Angele replied on Sat, Jun 22 2013 11:41 AM | Locked

Oh I'm SOOOOOO SORRY Nancy! I went back and saw your comment.  Sorry I missed your grad. I will have to make it up to you....llol please accept my appologies, otherwise I won't be able to sleep again....ever!

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,499
Points 48,285
Angele replied on Sat, Jun 22 2013 11:45 AM | Locked

Agnes:

Angele:
The pattern I used was from Eleanore Burns " Quilt in a Day" serie.  Fun to make but takes more than a day...lol

I know more than one gal that went to a Quilt in a day class and was very disappointed that it was not that quick. In fact I would run into some when I went to sew-ins and the most common comment was that it was still under the bed in pieces after many years.

That is funny Agnes. We didn't pick it for speed but more because it looked fun for a young woman.  I do believe there are faster ways of doing it.  I did not follow her steps all the way, but if I was a beginner it helps to be successful in making a more difficult quilt if you follow her steps.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,900
Points 69,300
Bonita replied on Sat, Jun 22 2013 12:41 PM | Locked

Trying to catch up here. Angele, both quilts are lovely ,but really like the second one.

Weezee, Love the bear quilt so cute.

Jennia, your Rainbow is looking good. Show again when you get it finnished.

Judy, cute hot pads. Nice return for her giving the blocks to you. Love the fabrics, the black bold one is beautiful.

Pat, Great Pokey Puppy and you're right little one don't care about the seams.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,318
Points 27,020
Elizabeth replied on Sat, Jun 22 2013 1:03 PM | Locked

I have been sick, so looking but not talking.  Everyone is doing such great work.  The hotpads are a great  way to use up the blocks from the shop hop.  I have been slaving away on my ocean wave quilt.  I got a Sizzix Big Shot and it makes the task of the HST SOOOO much easier.  I did get this quilt finished for my bed.  I love the colors so bright a cheery.  I free motion the quilt on my long arm in the hooked on feathers technique.

here is a closeup

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

• | Post Points: 170
Page 39 of 75 (1114 items) « First ... < Previous 37 38 39 40 41 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use