Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #8

Page 34 of 75 (1114 items) « First ... < Previous 32 33 34 35 36 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,113 Replies | 38 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,265
Points 173,178
Marie replied on Wed, Jun 19 2013 11:20 AM | Locked

Nancy, love Pickles pillow, the fabric is just too cute!  Do you think you could share what Marge taught you about scraps for pet filler pillows?  Do you cut them up, use them as is?  How big a piece is considered scrap?

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,733
Points 30,040
Roxana replied on Wed, Jun 19 2013 1:41 PM | Locked

We're making thread catchers at our next Guild Sit n Sew. I'll post mine when it's done!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 76
Points 1,010
Cindy replied on Wed, Jun 19 2013 2:42 PM | Locked

I do work on a quilt most days in the evening after dinner. Currently, I'm still working on my oldest daughter's lap quilt. Enjoying it so much. I love hand quilting. It is peaceful and I can do it in the living room with my sweet hubby while he watches TV or snoozes.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Wed, Jun 19 2013 4:29 PM | Locked

Marie:
Do you think you could share what Marge taught you about scraps for pet filler pillows?

Marge said, "Don't throw those scraps away!  They make good fillers for pet pillows."  That's it.  Ha, ha!  

I just went through the process of cutting all my random scraps into usable sizes, and anything smaller than 2 1/2" square or 2 1/2 strip went into the pet pillow.  I stuffed it until it felt firm enough to hold its shape and just soft enough to leave a slight indent when I firmly push my hand down on it.  This pillow contains a pretty big bag of scraps.

I'm trying to figure out how to get Pickles to use the pillow.  I think I'll put it in Calley's bedtime crate so it picks up her smell, then Pickles might be more interested in it.  She loves her dog even though Calley won't play with her.

Maybe Marge will log on and see this to see if she can offer any more pet pillow advice.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,671
Points 65,735
Bonita replied on Wed, Jun 19 2013 8:16 PM | Locked

Nancy, the pillow and case are so cute. Loe the cat fabrics.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,671
Points 65,735
Bonita replied on Wed, Jun 19 2013 8:23 PM | Locked

I'm working on a summer quilt for DGD. front almost done, need to decide on the back. Yesterday DGD and I cut 384 triangles for the HST swap. I placed the fabric and she turned the crank. We need to do 98 more. She loves helping when she can. She'll be 5 next month.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,326
Points 27,965
Marsha-SM replied on Wed, Jun 19 2013 8:46 PM | Locked

Frogging - - - Rip-it, Rip-it, Rip-it   - - -   making good use of the seam ripper - - - other terms are unsewing, etc.  I hate it when I have to rip out what I thought was done.  I have the new proper side borders on the panels for both quilts but haven't had time to finish extending the outer black borders of the panel.  Have been either riding in the truck, finding "stuff" so grandson can get some hay mowed, etc all day yesterday.   And today - - - 2 physical therapy appointments of different kinds, the dreaded mammogram, a little necessary shopping, then a haircut so I can see again!  I hate it when hair gets in my face or hangs on my neck when it is hot and muggy out.  Fortunately all appointments, etc. were in the same town 30 miles away.  When I got home I was ready to sit down and relax.  Didn't have any ambition left to even turn the sewing machine on.  Tomorrow is another long day of trucking cattle and grandson's graduation is Friday night.  He is to be one of the recipients of these quilts, if I ever get time to get them done.  Fortunately his graduation party isn't until July, so I have some time.  His cousin's party is the last weekend of June, so he will not get his then.  They will both get their quilts at grandson's party so the surprise won't be spoiled for either of them.  They will have matching, though not identical quilts for their dorm beds.  They will be roommates. 

I am not usually on the computer this late, but finally decided I had enough brain regenerated after my long day so that I could at least read about what everyone else has done.  It is way past my bedtime, especially on a therapy day. 

Marsha - Western New York

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,021
Points 15,585
weezee56 replied on Wed, Jun 19 2013 8:55 PM | Locked

I am working on another sleeping bear quilt. Will post pictures when I get it done.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 436
Points 7,025
Julienne replied on Wed, Jun 19 2013 8:56 PM | Locked

Marsha, After I got done with the flowers and plants, I came in and tried to sew some more on the quilt I just started......I was Frogging too so I went and took a nap. LOL But the nap was nice.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,463
Points 116,635
Judy Taylor-Bellingham replied on Wed, Jun 19 2013 11:52 PM | Locked

I kind of worked on a quilt today. Friends and I went shop hopping. We left at 8am and returned just a short bit ago, 9:30 pm. Long day, 16 shops spread over 125 miles. (250 round trip) There are 52 shops total but we only hit 16 within our NW region of the state. 16 is the minimum to be eligible for the prizes. 

Of course we couldn't just walk into the shop, pick up our free block pattern and fabric. We had to SHOP. I was a good girl, I only got a total of 20 yards of fabric, 5 patterns, one fat quarter bundle and one whooppe cushion. Not really a whoopee cushion but it looks like one. Should be good for those hard chairs at classes and retreats. Most of these fabrics are teals, browns, burgandy. Plus there's a photo of the finished shop hop quilt that was hanging in one of the shops.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 80
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,695
Karla replied on Thu, Jun 20 2013 1:22 AM | Locked

I'm proud of you Judy, only 20 yards, LOL.  Plus all of those other goodies...the shop hop quilt looks interesting and bright.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,650
Points 135,977
Leslie replied on Thu, Jun 20 2013 5:38 AM | Locked

Nancy, pickle's pillow looks great

[Ava, Missouri

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,342
Points 46,405
Angele replied on Thu, Jun 20 2013 7:16 AM | Locked

Very nice quilt Karla!  I live the as much as the front.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,342
Points 46,405
Angele replied on Thu, Jun 20 2013 7:21 AM | Locked

Nana those are two very nice baby quilts. I like the busy boy with the log cabin around. The ballet girl quilt is so pretty. What a thoughtful gift.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,342
Points 46,405
Angele replied on Thu, Jun 20 2013 7:23 AM | Locked

Cindy this lovely.

Angèle  from NWO

Page 34 of 75 (1114 items) « First ... < Previous 32 33 34 35 36 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use