Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #8

Page 33 of 75 (1114 items) « First ... < Previous 31 32 33 34 35 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,113 Replies | 38 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 665
Points 12,705
Michelle replied on Tue, Jun 18 2013 10:37 AM | Locked

Winurse, it was my favorite project so far. We learned the embroidery techniques and the pattern has the stitching lines on it. This is where you fold up around the iron to carry it. Then when it's flat, it becomes your ironing surface. 

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,585
Points 75,810
Karla replied on Tue, Jun 18 2013 10:42 AM | Locked

Probably no sewing today...run to Reno for DH's VA appointments, lawn mowing day when we get back (if it's not too hot or too windy).  I need to start a new baby quilt (DD1 is expecting a girl in December, woo hoo, a girl to add to my 4 grandsons) and need to get started on the HST's for the swap.  Have MQ6 backing loaded on the frame, but need to pick up some more batting before I can get it started.  Need to make labels for several quilts, also need to make a baby boy quilt for 2nd cousin who just had a big baby boy, 9-1/2 pounds.  Wow, he's half grown already.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,791
Points 31,005
Roxana replied on Tue, Jun 18 2013 1:42 PM | Locked

Michelle, I love your embroidery work on the iron caddy! I make the caddies but without the embroidery. Your extra touch makes the project though!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,791
Points 31,005
Roxana replied on Tue, Jun 18 2013 1:57 PM | Locked

Michelle, what type of embroidery machine and software are you using?

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 665
Points 12,705
Michelle replied on Tue, Jun 18 2013 4:54 PM | Locked

Roxana, it's a Huskvarna diamond something. I use a few of Anita good designs. I also get a lot off a free embroidery site.  U can download 3 free a week. Some I buy if someone wants something specific. The soft ware came with it 5D. I haven't done any designing so didn't want money into an elaborate software. What I'm doing so far has worked well. 

Michelle B

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Tue, Jun 18 2013 6:25 PM | Locked

I have been using my embroidery machine a lot the last week or so.  I am absolutely loving the new model.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Tue, Jun 18 2013 6:50 PM | Locked

I worked on a quilt for a customer from the shop today.  I made her one last year.  She gave me a panel to which she wanted me to add borders and then quilt for her.  Got it sandwiched today and started quilting it.  It's a map of the US so I am sort of quilting around the states.  Not as easy as I thought since the only "nice" shaped states are Colorado and Wyoming.  :o)  Before I started on the quilting, I finished up a bunch of pillowcases - some for charity and some for gifts.  Need to go out to the shed and bring in some more scraps to stuff pet pillows with.  Nice to have off until next Monday.  Planning on getting a lot done since I have so many days in a row to "play".

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
MelodyP MO/KS replied on Tue, Jun 18 2013 7:23 PM | Locked

I have been working on my Kansas blocks for the state swap and will definitely fired those off by weeks end.  Then I have a lot of other projects to do.

MelodyP

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Tue, Jun 18 2013 9:44 PM | Locked

Marge (AKA Dimples):
Need to go out to the shed and bring in some more scraps to stuff pet pillows with.

Hey Marge, I stuffed my first pet pillow yesterday.  I have bags and bags of tiny scraps, so I thought it was about time to use some.  I made Pickles a pillow just her size, and tomorrow I will use your hot dog pillowcase tutorial to make a pillowcase for it. in a pretty cat pattern. 

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 665
Points 12,705
Michelle replied on Tue, Jun 18 2013 9:54 PM | Locked

the pattern is Sisters Common Thread, caddy pad.  not sure if there's other patterns like it.  This one is very easy to do, the only hard part is drawing out the pattern on pattern paper.  I made a copy of it on pattern paper, so I can make more now.  There are 2 different sizes

Michelle B

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,549
Points 46,955
Debbie-do replied on Tue, Jun 18 2013 10:11 PM | Locked

Michelle:

the pattern is Sisters Common Thread, caddy pad.  not sure if there's other patterns like it.  This one is very easy to do, the only hard part is drawing out the pattern on pattern paper.  I made a copy of it on pattern paper, so I can make more now.  There are 2 different sizes

Can you bring these to the retreat?  Do you use regular batting or Insul-brite or something else entirely?

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Wed, Jun 19 2013 12:17 AM | Locked

I di not make our thread catcher. I bought them and worth everynpenny. Got it by calling the Scarlet Letterr quilt store. 

Mine is metal cup holder with black stuff bag hangs off it.  If AndreaDee comes to retreat you can see hers. And currently I am using the cup holder for my drink at bedside..Maddie's, it is south of Atlanta and easy to get to., really sturdy and i bought 2 of them. Think they were about $30 each with shipping but do not hold me to it.

safe travels to retreat and enjoy your week coming up.

nan

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Wed, Jun 19 2013 12:20 AM | Locked

That is my bedside not Maddie's ..in re reading that looked confused. Maddie is growing faster then they can buy clothes. 

Thanks,

na

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Wed, Jun 19 2013 7:29 AM | Locked

My kitty Pickles likes to sit at the top of the stairs to watch the comings and goings of her people and her dog.  I finally made her a floor pillow for that location.  Marge taught me that scraps make great pillow fillers, and she taught me how to make pillow cases with finished seams so there are no stray threads.  Here is Pickle's new pillow (18 inch square) with washable pillow case overlooking the stairs...

I have coordinating fabric, so maybe I can get a quilt made for her before winter.  She's never forgiven me for making the dog a quilt first.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Wed, Jun 19 2013 10:13 AM | Locked

Nancy

Pickle's pillow is gorgeous.  Looks like some Linda something fabric.   Can't remember her last name.  Gonna be another CRS day....LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

Page 33 of 75 (1114 items) « First ... < Previous 31 32 33 34 35 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use