Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #8

Page 31 of 75 (1114 items) « First ... < Previous 29 30 31 32 33 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,113 Replies | 38 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 76
Points 1,010
Cindy replied on Mon, Jun 17 2013 11:29 AM | Locked

Nice quilt Linda! I need to make a raffle quilt for our family reunion too. You inspired me:).

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,337
Points 414,644
gini replied on Mon, Jun 17 2013 11:33 AM | Locked

Karla, your MQ quilt is beautiful.  Nice job. 

Nana, love your baby quilts

i've been making up receiving blankets out of old flannel sheets and baby washcloths.   The kids also had several clothing repairs, so I've done a bit of mending.  Today I can start the quilting.    

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 76
Points 1,010
Cindy replied on Mon, Jun 17 2013 11:39 AM | Locked

MNnancy, here is a close up of the block. Sorry the picture is a little skewed.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 76
Points 1,010
Cindy replied on Mon, Jun 17 2013 11:41 AM | Locked

Great job on the UFO's! I have several of those I need to finish.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 76
Points 1,010
Cindy replied on Mon, Jun 17 2013 11:43 AM | Locked

Beautiful baby quilts! I love the one for the little boy. Did you create the pattern yourself? I would love to do something similar for my new grandson!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 76
Points 1,010
Cindy replied on Mon, Jun 17 2013 11:50 AM | Locked

I was at the beach on vacation last week, so I could read your posts but couldn't reply. So many beautiful quilts! I started working on my step-daughter's quilt a couple of weeks ago getting the top ready for quilting at the beach. I had to machine piece it in order to get it ready in time. Many late nights after work to get it ready. I'll post a pic of it tomorrow. First time I have worked with fusible applique. It was fun, but I prefer the other way better. She is so excited about it. I have 3 daughters and hers was the last one I started on. I have made all of the grandchildren a quilt except the newest. It was time for Rebecca to get hers. She loves everything Japanese so I found a free pattern with a Japanese flair to make for her. I am loving quilting it. After this one I have to finish a quilt my grandmother started years ago (like 20). She was quilting as she went, so I have about 9 finished blocks. I am going to put them together in a quilt top for my mother. Then, I have three twin size quilts to make for my nephews. All the pieces are cut, I just have to piece the tops together. I wish I had more time to work on them. If only I could make enough money just quilting to stay home, lol.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,186
Points 15,875
Susan replied on Mon, Jun 17 2013 1:34 PM | Locked

Cindy:
I wish I had more time to work on them
             Cindy, Your quilt is beautiful and the applique is gorgeous.  You sure have a lot going on with quilts for your family, your a busy lady. And a generous and giving one, too. I bet they all love their quilts made with LOVE.         Susan

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,186
Points 15,875
Susan replied on Mon, Jun 17 2013 1:57 PM | Locked

I am making a table-topper called Stars and Stars and Stars and the smallest flying geese is 1 1/2 " sqs  which when all done measures a 4 1/2" block . Only need nine blocks this size but it has seems like I have made 50. Handling all those tiny sqs and rectangles  is not my favorite thing. The next size is 8" block so it will be easier to handle the fabric.  I finished my DHs quilt Saturday night just in time for Fathers Day. He was surprised that I found some US Navy fabric and thought to make him a quilt in honor of his 20 years of service in the Military. I also, finally finished my Sisters quilt and will be bringing it up to her in July when we go up to New England for a visit with family and friends. I have not been up there in several years and so miss it.  Now back to my sewing room.    Susan

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 102
Points 1,730
winurse replied on Mon, Jun 17 2013 3:40 PM | Locked

old flannel sheets and flannel scraps are also great for spit cloths and doll diapers.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,250
Points 28,335
Agnes replied on Mon, Jun 17 2013 5:04 PM | Locked

Cindy--Love that embroidery on your quilt. 

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Mon, Jun 17 2013 5:16 PM | Locked

Cindy, thanks for the close-up.  Your embroidered flowers are beautiful!  Love the quilting, too!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,261
Points 173,143
Marie replied on Mon, Jun 17 2013 5:53 PM | Locked

Cindy, ditto what Nancy said!  Gorgeous embroidery and quilting!

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,337
Points 414,644
gini replied on Mon, Jun 17 2013 6:20 PM | Locked

Cindy:

MNnancy, here is a close up of the block. Sorry the picture is a little skewed.

beautiful quilt Cindy.  The embroidery s very sweet.

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,501
Points 50,635
Ginny replied on Mon, Jun 17 2013 6:43 PM | Locked

Cindy, your quilt is exquisite.  The embroidery is nice, but if you did hand quilting, it is over the top.   Ginny

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Mon, Jun 17 2013 7:30 PM | Locked

Well, if signing up for a fabric swap qualifies as working on a quilt, then I did work on one today!  I'm looking forward to making a scrappy fall quilt full of half-square triangles (HSTs).  Roxana is leading this fabric swap, but I'm going to put in a plug here for others to join.  The first group of 16 filled quickly.  I'm hoping the second group, which I'm in, fills too or else the quilt won't be very scrappy.  If you would be interested in acquiring 240 HSTs in fall colors/patterns, come join our group.  The details are HERE.  You will have click on the "join the group" button before you can add your name to the list.  Ask if you have any questions.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Page 31 of 75 (1114 items) « First ... < Previous 29 30 31 32 33 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use