Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #8

Page 28 of 75 (1114 items) « First ... < Previous 26 27 28 29 30 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,113 Replies | 38 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,342
Points 46,405
Angele replied on Sat, Jun 15 2013 4:30 PM | Locked

Agnes I always love to see what you do.  There is always joy and light in your quilts.  Happy belated birthday. My son was 24 yesterday and my mom 90. Time sure flies. I just can't believe my baby is 24 already!!!

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Sat, Jun 15 2013 9:30 PM | Locked

Karla:
Have a good time Nancy and take lots of pictures.

I did take a lot of pictures!  I burned through two batteries taking pictures.  If anyone needs a quilt viewing fix, come on over to my blog to tour the 2013 MN Quilt Show!

Nancy's Blog

Angele:
How was your day?

Like you, I enjoyed the day and was amazed at the quilts.  I was also amazed that the 86-year old woman traveling with us kept up very well.  I hope I'm still attending quilt shows at age 86!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 653
Points 12,345
Michelle replied on Sat, Jun 15 2013 9:38 PM | Locked

Karla, 

I love the 1/4" foot on my FW, also I have a walking foot that is a Singer Walking foot and that is wonderful also! I use it if there is a lot of batting or bias material. Really helps.  I have a regular walking foot for it and one of the rare Penguin walking foot.  

I have found that I didn't like the regular foot that comes with the FW, so my husband found one that is an Electrolux and is easier on the foot.  I didn't like having to use my toe to push down and this other one, lets me use my whole foot, like on a newer machine.  Other than that, I love my FW! I sew on a purple one that I named "Grape Poupon". 

Have fun with yours!!

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Sat, Jun 15 2013 9:43 PM | Locked

Michelle:
I didn't like having to use my toe to push down and

You have to wonder why they developed that foot pedal with a toe button.  I always have to have my shoe off to use it.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 32
Points 395
gloria g. Walls replied on Sat, Jun 15 2013 10:09 PM | Locked

Michelle, I was glad to see someone else has a color featherweight.  Love your name for yours.  I have a candy apple red named Poppy Girl........ I love the 1/4 inch foot with the guide......

Anyway, happy sewing.  

kindly, happy in quilting, gloria g. Hemingway, SC

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,695
Karla replied on Sat, Jun 15 2013 11:16 PM | Locked

I order some singer bobbins and the 1/4 inch foot with guide and I think I ordered something else, but I can't remember what, but the bobbins arrived today and they are authentic Singer so they should work.  I guess I should go back to ebay and see just what it was I all ordered.

I'm also not fond of the toe button, but with my shoes on I managed to use it ok.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,422
Points 40,360
Mimi replied on Sun, Jun 16 2013 6:56 AM | Locked

MNnancy:
I did take a lot of pictures!

Thanks so much for the lovely quilt tour. They were all amazing.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 653
Points 12,345
Michelle replied on Sun, Jun 16 2013 7:52 AM | Locked

Karla,

I will ask my husband where he gets those foot pedals. You will love them. No "toe" fatigue !  They run about $30 and he looks for free shipping. When he sells a FW he usually had a tips sheet that says where to buy the foot pedal, the 1/4" foot and a thread spool guide that keeps the thread from spinning off. I think 5-6 come to a package for about 5$ so I alsways have a few laying around. He sells them with it and people really like them. He also puts a maintaince book and singer attachments with the FW so they know how to take care of them after buying. They are so easy to take care of. But that's coming from someone that has a husband that cleans hers on a weekly basis! 

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Sun, Jun 16 2013 7:54 AM | Locked

Mimi:

Thanks so much for the lovely quilt tour. They were all amazing.

Mimi, happy that you came and saw!  Angele and I are bummed that we missed meeting each other by one day.

MN Quilt Show 2013

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,252
Points 28,345
Agnes replied on Sun, Jun 16 2013 8:25 AM | Locked

Nancy--I just finished viewing your lovely quilt tour. Thank you for sharing.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,541
Points 46,765
Debbie-do replied on Sun, Jun 16 2013 8:38 AM | Locked

Great quilt show, Nancy!  Thanks for sharing.

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,503
Points 50,705
Ginny replied on Sun, Jun 16 2013 8:49 AM | Locked

MNnancy,  thank you for the quilt tour.  Beautiful quilts- love the information that you included with each one.  Some were absolutely awesome and would take me a lifetime to complete.   Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,695
Karla replied on Sun, Jun 16 2013 9:11 AM | Locked

I finished MQ8, that's two UFO quilts this month, even though they don't qualify for the UFO challenge because they were both less that 6 months in the making.  Maybe since I'm on a roll, I will dig out a couple of the other UFO's that are much older and get them done, too.  Here's my MQ8, nothing fancy, but done none-the-less.

• | Post Points: 125
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 32
Points 395
gloria g. Walls replied on Sun, Jun 16 2013 9:16 AM | Locked

Karla......gloria g. - new to this site...... This is beautiful........love it.  Keep up the good work.  I wish I could commit to finishing my UFO's......never enough time for me......

Again, thanks for sharing.

happy in quilting, gloria g. Hemingway, SC

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,422
Points 40,360
Mimi replied on Sun, Jun 16 2013 9:16 AM | Locked

Very nice Karla.  I love how the gold and blue compliment each other.  WTG

Page 28 of 75 (1114 items) « First ... < Previous 26 27 28 29 30 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use