Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #8

Page 27 of 75 (1114 items) « First ... < Previous 25 26 27 28 29 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,113 Replies | 38 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,365
Points 37,225
Linda replied on Sat, Jun 15 2013 7:11 AM | Locked

Mimi and Judy - love your quilts!  The colors are so vibrant. Great job.

Agnes - Love your remote holder. Very clever idea.

Hugs.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 436
Points 7,025
Julienne replied on Sat, Jun 15 2013 8:22 AM | Locked

Wow Agnes, Your quilt is a beauty. I love it.  And your remote caddie..great idea, it would save me the trouble of trying to find them all every day LOL Not to mention your ice pack holders, they turned out so pretty too. You do wonderful work.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,212
Points 24,500
Elizabeth replied on Sat, Jun 15 2013 8:38 AM | Locked

Agnes:

I hit post too soon. Here's the throw--Goodbye 68, Hello 69. I started this after my birthday less than a month ago.

Agnes, I love this!!!!  What is the name of the pattern?

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,212
Points 24,500
Elizabeth replied on Sat, Jun 15 2013 8:52 AM | Locked

I have been watching from afar, everyone is doing such great work, love the cranes.  I have one quilt that I am binding and another one on Miss Jewel.  Doing it with a pantograph, only ,y second.  This one is a little harder and I am having a bit more trouble.  But it is UFO #6 and it will get done.

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,288
Points 29,080
Agnes replied on Sat, Jun 15 2013 9:15 AM | Locked

Firstly, because so many have already posted on my works I want to sincerely thank all of you for your kind words. That in itself makes my day. I needed a bright spot and out of that came the quilt. The other items were made to be useful. All items were made from my limited stash.

To quote Mimi: Someday I'll be as creative as you are.  Or at least I can hope I will be.

All I can say to that is I believe my creativity is a God given talent. I am just doing what comes naturally and listening to my inner voice. This make up of mine makes it a waste of time to go to a class and make the same thing as 10 or 20 other people. Last class I attended was in 1997 where I spent the second half of the day visiting because I had new and different  ideas that I could execute at home where there was the perfect fabric in my stash to augment the kit. The kit contained all that we needed to make the hanging top. So in following directions I would be a failure.

Elizabeth:
Agnes, I love this!!!!  What is the name of the pattern?

Elizabeth--The only help I can be is to steer you to the Kona Bay complimentary pattern that was my inspiration and you will soon see that mine is different. The pattern is:http://konabay.com/mm5/complimentary_patterns/Dimensions_pattern.pdf  I saw it and first thing was that I was not cutting 2.5" squares from a long strip and then sewing them back together to form 14", even 38" strips in smaller segments. I also changed the sizing by omitting one section of links and changing the number of borders. Depending on how you look at things I can be fortunate or unfortunate to be wired this way.

When I work like this I will print the design picture in black and white and then start drawing on it with markers. Sometimes I make several copies and do the old fashioned cut and paste to either squish or enlarge the size. I start with the basic design but wait until I have that sewn before I make final border decisions.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Sat, Jun 15 2013 9:42 AM | Locked

Agnes

You have been a busy lady.  Beautiful projects.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Jun 15 2013 9:53 AM | Locked

Agnes:

I hit post too soon. 

This quilt deserved a post of its own!  Your modern quilt is very pretty and colorful!  Love it!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,212
Points 24,500
Elizabeth replied on Sat, Jun 15 2013 9:55 AM | Locked

Agnes, I envy you your ability to see something and make something different from it!.  I am not so blessed, give me the pattern and I can make anything.  My dear sister, Susan, my partner in quilting has your ability.  Together we make a great team.  Thanks for the inspiration.

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,758
Points 66,980
Bonita replied on Sat, Jun 15 2013 10:21 AM | Locked

Agnes, you are wizard with fabrics. Your quilt is so bright and cheerful.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,137
Points 14,725
Dawn replied on Sat, Jun 15 2013 11:50 AM | Locked

Yes, I did work on a quilt today!   Also, today was the first time using Sulky thread.  It was a shimmering hologram thread.  I didn't know how this was going to work, but did some studying and did a couple things that were advised and woooohooooooooo!  Sure does add to the quilt!  

Now getting ready for a wedding.  We have known the bride since she was 8 or so.  So great to see her all grown up and becoming a bride!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Jun 15 2013 3:29 PM | Locked

Off to a BBQ competition at a rib joint just down the road from us.  There will be about a dozen or so big smokers working all day long to prepare pulled pork and beef brisket.  For $10, it's all you can eat, and then we vote on the best BBQ.  Good food, lots of fun, and great weather to be sitting outdoors.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,836
Points 31,980
Roxana replied on Sat, Jun 15 2013 3:58 PM | Locked

Agnes:

My finishes this past week: Actually the ice pack covers and caddy were new projects this week. The quilt is more like a lap throw or child size but perfect size for a cover up while sitting on the recliner.

Agnes, what pattern did you follow for the ice packs?
Thanks,

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,409
Points 47,175
Angele replied on Sat, Jun 15 2013 4:03 PM | Locked

Nancy there were amazing quilts, and even more amazing ladies. I met one from Fargo and one from the Minneapolis who is a longarmer.  I was so amazed by the juried quilts that I forgot to take pictures. I went Friday. We were there before 9 am and left around 5 pm. We had a great time. I found some batiks to put in my quilt and a few other things. I was intrigued by the new rulers.  How was your day?

Angèle  from NWO

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sat, Jun 15 2013 4:03 PM | Locked

Really nice projects Agnes.  Are the ice pack covers and remote caddy from patterns or your own design???

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,409
Points 47,175
Angele replied on Sat, Jun 15 2013 4:26 PM | Locked

Patti, I just realized that we now have sandhill cranes in our area. We have seen them for the last two years, but only the juvenile ones. I guess they go further north to lay eggs. Your quilt made me see what I was missing! Very nice by the way. Thanks for sharing.

Angèle  from NWO

Page 27 of 75 (1114 items) « First ... < Previous 25 26 27 28 29 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use