Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #8

Page 26 of 75 (1114 items) « First ... < Previous 24 25 26 27 28 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,113 Replies | 38 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,090
Karla replied on Fri, Jun 14 2013 12:55 PM | Locked

Julienne:
Karla, I use the Schmetz needles, the size 16 has a very slightly larger eye then the 14, it is also slightly longer, and slightly wider.   I personally only use the 16 needles when I have thicker fabric since that is what they are made for. Otherwise I use the 14 for cotton.   

My needles on the midarm are Size 14 Schmetz High Speed titanium.  I might have to order some in Size 16, but after I slowed down the machine down, I didn't experience any more fraying/breakage of the thread.  I have 6 machines and I use Schmetz Size 14 on all of them most of the time (2 machines I don't use too often).  

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 610
Points 9,025
MaggieNae replied on Fri, Jun 14 2013 4:41 PM | Locked

Good knowledge about the needles.  I just finally got my mid-arm Janome running on the frame by itself last night.  HOORAY!!!! So I'll be spending the weekend playing and practicing with it.  Then I'll finally load mom's quilt and get it done.  I may have to put my my MQVI on it first, just to be safe.  I'M SO HAPPY.  I was really getting frustrated with the whole set up.  I'd go back night after night and try and try to get it to work.  But the impossible kept happening.  The top thread would come out of the needle, while I was holding it.  I still can't figure out that magic trick.  But I seem to be on the right track now.  Can't wait to get home and play.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,324
Points 19,935
Carolyn (CarolBeau) replied on Fri, Jun 14 2013 6:04 PM | Locked

Karla:

Someone on Facebook actually had the audacity to ask me how I planned to use all of my 6 sewing machines...obviously she isn't a quilter.

Obviously.  ;)

Raleigh, NC

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Fri, Jun 14 2013 8:41 PM | Locked

Karla:
Someone on Facebook actually had the audacity to ask me how I planned to use all of my 6 sewing machines...obviously she isn't a quilter
Karla - this is a hoot!!!!

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,807
Points 43,614
Eileen replied on Fri, Jun 14 2013 9:39 PM | Locked

Patti:

I have decided that I have gotten far enough on my sand hill crane quilt/wall hanging to show it.  The crane just needs some eyes and legs now.  Then I will add some kind of border and call it done. 

Patti, your crane is gorgeous! I love seeing these birds when we go north to Wisconsin. Yours definitely looks like the real thing! Can't wait to see it all done.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,807
Points 43,614
Eileen replied on Fri, Jun 14 2013 9:41 PM | Locked

Mimi:

Everyone's quilts are absolutely beautiful.  I love how all of them are different but simply stunning.  I asked for some help with the Jo Morton design.  I wanted to share how it finished up.  Of course the next class and assignment is tonight.  Do you see the steam coming up off the fabric?  That's because I just pressed it.  Of course I have to leave in about 30 minutes.  Done in just the knick of time.  Oh if anyone is looking for reproduction fabric, I just got an email that OldCountryStoryFabrics.com is having 15% off on all Jo Morton fabrics.  They are listing for $7.44 a yard.  I've always been pleased with the fabric and service here.  It's in Intercourse, PA, heart of Lancaster County.  Thanks to everyone who gave me suggestions for this 17.5 x 17.5 inch beauty.  (The red is a lot darker than it appears. More like the older turkey red.)

Off to eat and then go to class.

Mimi, this has a lovely country charm to it. The mix of fabrics is great & you paired them really well (I'd agonize for hours over the right combos).

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,107
Points 110,270
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Fri, Jun 14 2013 9:54 PM | Locked

Mimi:

....... I asked for some help with the Jo Morton design.  I wanted to share how it finished up.  ........

Mimi, I know I already posted how much I love this pattern and fabrics. Do you mind if I use your idea? I have tons of reproduction scraps and love what you've done.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,338
Points 38,885
Mimi replied on Fri, Jun 14 2013 10:29 PM | Locked

Judy T-Bellingham:
Do you mind if I use your idea?

Wow - Do I mind?  I'd be honored to have you do something similar. But it's not really my idea.  This is the first quilt in Jo's Little Women Club 12 that I go to monthly at my LQS.  It's called "Abbygayle's Scraps." I did pick the fabrics and where to put them (all Jo Morton's BTW) I'm guessing you might be making it a bit bigger?  I used 18 lights and 18 darks to make the square in a square blocks. They finish 2 5/8.  The border and cornerstones are 2 1/2.  Everyone at class really liked it and I'm so excited to think you did too.  Look for next month's cutie - called "Four Square" done in indigo and cheddar. It's 27 x 31. I'll be cutting it to take to the Smokey Mountain Retreat. Thanks so much for encouraging my quilting passion.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,096
Points 24,695
Agnes replied on Fri, Jun 14 2013 10:33 PM | Locked

My finishes this past week: Actually the ice pack covers and caddy were new projects this week. The quilt is more like a lap throw or child size but perfect size for a cover up while sitting on the recliner.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,096
Points 24,695
Agnes replied on Fri, Jun 14 2013 10:35 PM | Locked

I hit post too soon. Here's the throw--Goodbye 68, Hello 69. I started this after my birthday less than a month ago.

• | Post Points: 110
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,090
Karla replied on Fri, Jun 14 2013 10:41 PM | Locked

Great quilt, Agnes.  I love the bright colors.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,530
Points 46,505
Debbie-do replied on Fri, Jun 14 2013 11:08 PM | Locked

Mimi:

Judy T-Bellingham:
Do you mind if I use your idea?

Wow - Do I mind?  I'd be honored to have you do something similar. But it's not really my idea.  This is the first quilt in Jo's Little Women Club 12 that I go to monthly at my LQS.  It's called "Abbygayle's Scraps." I did pick the fabrics and where to put them (all Jo Morton's BTW) I'm guessing you might be making it a bit bigger?  I used 18 lights and 18 darks to make the square in a square blocks. They finish 2 5/8.  The border and cornerstones are 2 1/2.  Everyone at class really liked it and I'm so excited to think you did too.  Look for next month's cutie - called "Four Square" done in indigo and cheddar. It's 27 x 31. I'll be cutting it to take to the Smokey Mountain Retreat. Thanks so much for encouraging my quilting passion.

Mimi, will you bring this one  to the retreat for show and tell??  I'd love to see it.

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,338
Points 38,885
Mimi replied on Sat, Jun 15 2013 6:47 AM | Locked

Debbie-do:
Mimi, will you bring this one  to the retreat for show and tell??  I'd love to see it.

I was going to bring it because I want to hand quilt it. Thought it would make a good "sitting 'round the TV" quilt project So....sure, I'll bring it along.  Unless I get distracted by some other projects and forget it. LOL

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,371
Points 48,735
Ginny replied on Sat, Jun 15 2013 6:49 AM | Locked

Great ideas Agnes.  Love the bright colors of your lap quilt.    Ginny

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,338
Points 38,885
Mimi replied on Sat, Jun 15 2013 6:50 AM | Locked

Agnes,

I love the remote pockets.  So dang useful.  The quilt's a winner too.  Someday I'll be as creative as you are.  Or at least I can hope I will be.

Page 26 of 75 (1114 items) « First ... < Previous 24 25 26 27 28 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use