Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #8

Page 24 of 75 (1114 items) « First ... < Previous 22 23 24 25 26 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,113 Replies | 38 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,475
Points 24,120
Elaine Phillips replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 8:53 PM | Locked

Mimi, love your quilt. Love Jo Morton.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,195
Nana replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 8:59 PM | Locked

Judy

What an awesome quilt.  I know you can do the quilting...it really isn't so bad once you get started.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,346
Points 30,555
Agnes replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 9:06 PM | Locked

Bonita:
Agnes, your mug rugs are really pretty. What are you going to do with 4 dozen?

Thank you, Bonita. I will probably keep a few to have on hand for a few gifts. I make small items for the Cancer Care gift nook in the clinic where DH received chemo for his pancreatic cancer. In 2011 I used an assortment of designs and donated about 50 mug rugs plus a few runners.. The runners were a much harder sell. The mug rugs never were there for any length of time. In 2012 -13 I donated over 100 knit dishcloths. I have decided my knitting days are over. Too harmful for my right hand. The original plan was to make a quilt top with these floral fabrics for another charity, also related to cancer patients, but that charity chapter folded and I didn't want to struggle with having to quilt it myself so these became Plan B.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 9:38 PM | Locked

Leaving early tomorrow a.m. for the two-hour drive up to beautiful Duluth, MN, on the shores of Lake Superior for the 35th Annual Minnesota Quilt Show.  I'm only going to the exhibits and vendors this year - no classes.  Going with some other gals from our local guild.  Oops, better go plug in my camera battery right now!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 9:41 PM | Locked

Have a good time Nancy and take lots of pictures.  There's a Quilt Expo scheduled for Reno in July I think, and I really plan on attending this year.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,916
Points 124,890
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 9:45 PM | Locked

Nana:

Judy

.........  I know you can do the quilting...it really isn't so bad once you get started.

Really?  Come on to my house and prove it!  I'll expect you when??

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,630
Points 48,760
Debbie-do replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 9:51 PM | Locked

Oh Nancy, have fun and yes, take lots of pictures!

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 10:06 PM | Locked

MNnancy:
Patti, your crane is beautiful!  Remind us - did you make up this design yourself?

I better give credit to the person who made the sandhill crane pattern.  I was just googling "sandhill crane eye photo", and there was the quilt I just posted a picture of yesterday!  Without the eye, but because I mentioned it not having eyes yet, there it was!

It is from the book Wild Birds, designs for applique & quilting, by Carol Armstrong.  She also has a wonderful book on wild flowers.  What I really like about her is she makes designs to show off natural, real looking birds and flowers.  The meadow lark, cedar wax wing, blue jay, grosbeak, etc all look like the real bird.  She takes the most important distinguishing features of the birds, flowers and puts them in the design.

My sandhill crane is slightly altered from her pattern.  Head slightly different, an extra feather in the body when I thought more grey would look better.  The back ground is mine.  She does magnificent beautiful work.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 10:08 PM | Locked

Patti:
She does magnificent beautiful work.

...and so do you!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,599
Points 26,900
Debbie replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 10:33 PM | Locked

Agnes:
Debbie--Each is 9" across, determined by the FQ width of 18".

WOW!  that's a big mug rug!  but would be easier to work with than the 4-5" size.  I like them, especially all the florals.

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,536
Points 417,914
gini replied on Thu, Jun 13 2013 12:08 AM | Locked

Carol from Pittsburgh:

I am so tempted with the BOMs that I see online but they are very expensive!  Anyone know of any that aren't too high? Any sales? I'd like to stay under $150- or is that impossible?  I haven't done any quilting in over a week and I'm really missing it, seeing so many great quilts posted here. I've been knitting a pink afghan for my granddaughter who will arrive in September. When that's done I'll start on a quilt for her.

There are several that are going on in groups.   You have to pick your own fabrics,but we work together on the patterns and give helpful tips as we go along.

the appliqué group is in the middle of two quilt right now and we may be starting another in the fall.  Help me out ladies, which group  are the pieced blocks in?  It started quite a while ago, but you can jump into these whenever you want.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,536
Points 417,914
gini replied on Thu, Jun 13 2013 12:12 AM | Locked

I swear, I get more spacey every hour.    The blocks of the month would be in, go figure, the block of the month group.  I'm sorry melody, that I couldn't remember that.   Anyhow,  go to groups and check out the block of the month group.

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,428
Points 38,310
Linda replied on Thu, Jun 13 2013 5:02 AM | Locked

I have 3 quilts that I plan to get ready for quilting today, then when my machine comes home from the sewing machine hospital, I'll be ready to go. I hope by the time retreat is over t hat I'll have 2 more quilt tops finished and the blocks for 2 more quilts at least started.. But with all the visiting and getting to know everyone at retreat I doubt that I'll get that much done.

Yesterday I finished a crazy log cabin pillow made. It's for my Grandson Joshua's birthday. I'm also going to make him a pillowcase but I had to order more fabric.

Last evening I started making some wallets that a friend wants to sell at s craft fair for me. I made  a bunch of mug rugs too. I have no idea what type of pricing to put on any of this stuff. Can anyone help?

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,077
Leslie replied on Thu, Jun 13 2013 5:40 AM | Locked

Patti, beautiful job

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,077
Leslie replied on Thu, Jun 13 2013 5:42 AM | Locked

Mimi, love your quilt

[Ava, Missouri

Page 24 of 75 (1114 items) « First ... < Previous 22 23 24 25 26 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use