Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #8

Page 23 of 75 (1114 items) « First ... < Previous 21 22 23 24 25 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,113 Replies | 38 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,449
Points 176,348
Marie replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 9:19 AM | Locked

Patti, I agree with Karla, it is an awesome piece of art!  He looks like he's floating across the quilt. 

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,349
Points 28,485
Marsha-SM replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 9:23 AM | Locked

Patti:
The crane just needs some eyes and legs

Patti, Your crane is wonderful and the background is perfect for it. It DOES have legs - - just more ghostly than real yet! This makes me want to get back to applique. I love needle-turn, it gives more dimension. Fusable applique just doesn't turn me on.

Marsha - Western New York

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,399
Points 119,586
Patti replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 9:28 AM | Locked

Thanks everyone for all your comments on my crane quilt.  It really encourages me.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,288
Points 29,080
Agnes replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 10:25 AM | Locked

Debbie:
Agnes - very cute, ow big is each one?

Debbie--Each is 9" across, determined by the FQ width of 18". 

Patti--Crane is beautiful. 

Marsha--love the deer panel and quilt.

Judy--didn't comment on your lovely quilt previously very nice.

I probably missed someone. Keep showing your works. I enjoy seeing everyone's work, even if I don't comment specifically all the time. Amazing how as a result i don't need books or patterns to ensure i will never run out of ideas.

Agnes in NW Ontario

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 3:30 PM | Locked

Patti, your crane is beautiful!  Remind us - did you make up this design yourself?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,459
Points 40,890
Mimi replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 3:47 PM | Locked

Debbie:
want more time, want to retire!  thinking now maybe 2 years,

I know it's two years for me, God willing so we should plan a retirement party for both of us.  We could invite all our QCA friends.  Maybe Frances and Lesley could come too.  We'd have a great time.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 4:17 PM | Locked

Patti:
I have yet to finish any block of the month I have started.

Note to self - learn from others and think twice before signing up for one of these!  Thanks, Patti!  I haven't been sucked in, yet.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,459
Points 40,890
Mimi replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 5:05 PM | Locked

Everyone's quilts are absolutely beautiful.  I love how all of them are different but simply stunning.  I asked for some help with the Jo Morton design.  I wanted to share how it finished up.  Of course the next class and assignment is tonight.  Do you see the steam coming up off the fabric?  That's because I just pressed it.  Of course I have to leave in about 30 minutes.  Done in just the knick of time.  Oh if anyone is looking for reproduction fabric, I just got an email that OldCountryStoryFabrics.com is having 15% off on all Jo Morton fabrics.  They are listing for $7.44 a yard.  I've always been pleased with the fabric and service here.  It's in Intercourse, PA, heart of Lancaster County.  Thanks to everyone who gave me suggestions for this 17.5 x 17.5 inch beauty.  (The red is a lot darker than it appears. More like the older turkey red.)

Off to eat and then go to class.

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,587
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 5:12 PM | Locked

Mimi, that is so cute and I think you did a real good job on it.  Those must really be itty, bitty pieces if the quilt is only 17.5 inches square.  

As for me, the only thing I've accomplished sewing wise today is to mend DD1's work slacks and piece together the backing for MQ8.  We have a lot of wind today and the power keeps going out for a minute at a time....what a bummer.

I have two of the grandsons today, so I've got to take them to TawKwonDo, think I'll go to the early class so I can take them home sooner.  They've been here since yesterday morning and at 8 and 9 years old they're about to wear my patience very thin with their fighting and arguing and begging for more food.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,672
Points 120,425
Judy Taylor-Bellingham replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 5:30 PM | Locked

MNnancy:

Patti:
I have yet to finish any block of the month I have started.
Note to self - learn from others and think twice before signing up for one of these!  Thanks, Patti!  I haven't been sucked in, yet.

I'm trying to think if I've finished one. I did the Harry Potter and Borderland and Blue but they weren't technically block of the month as we worked at our own pace. Oh, I know, I did a BOM through the Fat Quarter Shop and actually finished it. Kind of, it's not quilted yet as it's one of those huge tents.

Oh, does Bonnie Hunter quilts count? I did complete two of those.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,672
Points 120,425
Judy Taylor-Bellingham replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 5:34 PM | Locked

Mimi:

Everyone's quilts are absolutely beautiful.  I love how all of them are different but simply stunning.  I asked for some help with the Jo Morton design.  I wanted to share how it finished up.  Of course the next class and assignment is tonight.  Do you see the steam coming up off the fabric?  That's because I just pressed it.  Of course I have to leave in about 30 minutes.  Done in just the knick of time.  Oh if anyone is looking for reproduction fabric, I just got an email that OldCountryStoryFabrics.com is having 15% off on all Jo Morton fabrics.  They are listing for $7.44 a yard.  I've always been pleased with the fabric and service here.  It's in Intercourse, PA, heart of Lancaster County.  Thanks to everyone who gave me suggestions for this 17.5 x 17.5 inch beauty.  (The red is a lot darker than it appears. More like the older turkey red.)

Off to eat and then go to class.

Mimi, I love this. My favorite colors. Only 17-1/2". Those little blocks only be about 2" square!

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 710
Points 13,835
Carol from Pittsburgh replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 5:42 PM | Locked

I am so tempted with the BOMs that I see online but they are very expensive!  Anyone know of any that aren't too high? Any sales? I'd like to stay under $150- or is that impossible?  I haven't done any quilting in over a week and I'm really missing it, seeing so many great quilts posted here. I've been knitting a pink afghan for my granddaughter who will arrive in September. When that's done I'll start on a quilt for her.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,758
Points 66,980
Bonita replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 8:25 PM | Locked

Agnes, your mug rugs are really pretty. What are you going to do with 4 dozen?

Marsha, your panel quilt is going to be beautiful when done.

Patti, love, love your crane.

Mimi, pretty little quilt. Pretty colors.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140
Elaine Phillips replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 8:47 PM | Locked

Patti, love your sand hill crane.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 8:52 PM | Locked

Patti

Your crane is gorgeous.  I love the way you did the background.

Vinton, Virginia

Page 23 of 75 (1114 items) « First ... < Previous 21 22 23 24 25 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use