Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #8

Page 19 of 75 (1114 items) « First ... < Previous 17 18 19 20 21 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,113 Replies | 38 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 786
Points 20,015
Carol replied on Sun, Jun 9 2013 4:41 PM | Locked

Marsha-SM:

Hope this posts - have not even been able to get on the site the last 2 days especially through email connections and have been getting the dreaded SORRY message when I have posted recently.  I don't repost until I have checked if the message has actually posted in spite of the warning - and it usually has!!!  That stops some of the duplicate posts. 

I don't understand this problem so many say they have on this site.  I have QCA on my favorites list, and go to it that way, have never had this kind of problem, and don't have to sign in either.  But then I don't get the email notifications, either, I just go to "Not Read" and keep track of pages there, see no need for all the emails! I usually go here in the evenings, but like today, when I get on earlier, I still never had a problem.  Also, I still have IE 8--wonder if I can renew on line, afraind to try!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,942
Leslie replied on Sun, Jun 9 2013 7:48 PM | Locked

Bonita, beautiful quilt

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,274
Points 26,970
Marsha-SM replied on Sun, Jun 9 2013 8:32 PM | Locked

Bonita, I love how your quilt came together.  The aqua band is the perfect touch to bring out the blues of your quilt.  I believe this was MQ 6 - Bittersweet.  Your border print really ties it all together.  A very cheerful quilt!

Marsha - Western New York

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Sun, Jun 9 2013 8:38 PM | Locked

Your MQ came together beautifully, Bonita.  I should start that one one of these days.  I still have that fabric set aside, but I never got started on it.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Sun, Jun 9 2013 8:43 PM | Locked

swedeami:
I went to a series of classes called scrap therapy and the first project was to organize scraps.  I cut scraps into 1.5", 2.0"' 2.5"', 3.0" scraps and 5" strips and squares.  I asked about 4" squares and the teacher said there aren't many quilt patterns that call for 4" anything.

Karen, NOW you tell me!  I guess I pulled my sizes out of the air.  I went with 2 1/2 in strips of varying lengths, and squares of 2.5, 4.5, and 6.5 inches.

So now that yours are cut and organized, do you find you use them?

I have SO many 2 1/2 strips that I am going to have to invest in a book of scrappy jelly roll patterns.  Has anyone printed such a thing?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,384
Points 119,256
Patti replied on Sun, Jun 9 2013 9:29 PM | Locked

Bonita, your MQ6 came out so nice.  the colors are gorgeous.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,107
Points 410,874
gini replied on Sun, Jun 9 2013 10:40 PM | Locked

Beautiful quilt Bonita.

gini in north idaho

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 79
Points 1,185
swedeami replied on Mon, Jun 10 2013 6:08 AM | Locked

Absolutely I use them now.  Besides, after ironing, cutting, sorting, etc. I can tell you every scrap I have!  There are lots of books about scrappy quilts, but don't know if I have seen scrappy jelly roll quilts.  Like everything else, thank god there are no quilting 'laws' so if those are sizes you find you use the most, go for it!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,379
Points 24,090
Roxana replied on Mon, Jun 10 2013 6:53 AM | Locked

MNnancy:

I have SO many 2 1/2 strips that I am going to have to invest in a book of scrappy jelly roll patterns.  Has anyone printed such a thing?

String quilts make perfect scrappy Jelly Roll quilts!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,407
Points 62,015
Bonita replied on Mon, Jun 10 2013 7:11 AM | Locked

thanks everyone for the comments. The other teacher said DGD teacher wore it around the class like a cape. I guess she liked it.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Mon, Jun 10 2013 7:45 AM | Locked

MNnancy:
I have SO many 2 1/2 strips that I am going to have to invest in a book of scrappy jelly roll patterns.

Next question...

How does one store hundreds of 2 1/2 strips?  Should I try to roll them up in color families like the ones we purchase?  An alternative thought is that I could host a group for  "strip poker" as we played it in Branson, and then I could just send all my strips to other quilters' homes.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 615
Points 11,735
Michelle replied on Mon, Jun 10 2013 8:06 AM | Locked

MNnancy,   

I'll help you fold or roll those!! and then pack them in my car to take home!!!  I don't have a stash yet, as when I buy material I'm always so excited to get them started that they don't stay on my shelves very long.  Debbie-do is trying to get me to buy material to just increase my stash!!  So funny, it sits for a few months, then gets cut to be made into something.  I haven't done a lot with 2 1/2 " strips yet, except to sew the strips together then cut into squares for a Puppy quilt.  It was too cute.  

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,530
Points 46,505
Debbie-do replied on Mon, Jun 10 2013 8:42 AM | Locked

Michelle:
 Debbie-do is trying to get me to buy material to just increase my stash!!  

Not guilty.  I'm sure I don't know what you're talking about!  LOL

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,090
Karla replied on Mon, Jun 10 2013 9:07 AM | Locked

MNnancy:
How does one store hundreds of 2 1/2 strips?  

I fold mine up and stack them in the see-through plastic shoe boxes you can get at WalMart pretty cheap.  I just sort them by light, medium and darks.  I also keep the batik strips in a box by themselves.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,107
Points 110,270
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Mon, Jun 10 2013 9:11 AM | Locked

I am working on a quilt today. I'm forcing myself to get at least one UFO quilted and I picked the huge top I made from the Fall Charm Swap. I love the quilt but am dreading forcing this monster through my machine. 

Here it is draped over my cutting table so I can pin the layers. Almost done with the pinning and hope to start quilting this afternoon. I'll do an easy and fast all over meander.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 140
Page 19 of 75 (1114 items) « First ... < Previous 17 18 19 20 21 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use