Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #8

Page 18 of 75 (1114 items) « First ... < Previous 16 17 18 19 20 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,113 Replies | 38 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,424
Points 415,919
gini replied on Sat, Jun 8 2013 12:58 AM | Locked

debbie, i really like your flag

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 2,570
Beth replied on Sat, Jun 8 2013 9:16 AM | Locked

I too love this fabric, it is beautful and is so appropriate for a quilt named Prairie Rose !

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 2,570
Beth replied on Sat, Jun 8 2013 9:18 AM | Locked

Agnes, this is a really clever design..would help with my swollen arthritic knees :)! Such a good idea!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,520
Points 25,440
Debbie replied on Sat, Jun 8 2013 8:01 PM | Locked

weezee56:
Very nice flag banner. You always do pretty things.

Thanks, weezee!  I appreciate the compliment.   it was fun to do but now I need to quilt it.  going to work on some pillowcases now.  

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 32
Points 395
gloria g. Walls replied on Sat, Jun 8 2013 9:21 PM | Locked

I am working on a quilt I recently saw in a magazine.  I changed most everything about the pattern.  It is similar to an irish chain........I love chains.  It is in reds and white.  I am calling it a Hop, Skip and a Jump to your House.........  Maybe when I am finished with all the blocks I will post a picture.  It will be wonderful.....  I just love a red and white quilt.  

Happy in quilting, gloria g. Hemingway, SC

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,579
Points 47,555
Debbie-do replied on Sat, Jun 8 2013 11:45 PM | Locked

Linda, I think your quilt will be spectacular when it's finished!  You've done such a good job so far.

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,520
Points 25,440
Debbie replied on Sun, Jun 9 2013 8:50 AM | Locked

not really working on any quilts, thought I have two tops to finish and several things to quilt.  I started making the pillowcases for the swap last night, got them all to the French seam stage and ran out of bobbin, decided that was the sign to quit and go to bed.  One set is now done and just need to finish the other two.  Then, I'll be able to get them in the mail.  like the idea of getting them done now because need to start on those 240 HSTs.  been gathering fabric as I see some from scraps, thought that might be a way to use some of the scrap piece, I have laying around.  

MNancy has inspired me to clean off my work space so I'll have space to work and so think I'll go buy some boxes and start sorting fabric into different shapes - strips, squares,found some triangles but not right color for the swap and some pieces left over from other projects - like some of the strips sewn together from MQ8 - I ended up with extra.  what to do with them so in a box they will go.  

then probably need to vacumm this room, I have carpet in here and it is light so all the thread shows.  okay, enough flappng my jaws..

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sun, Jun 9 2013 12:33 PM | Locked

Debbie:
MNancy has inspired me to clean off my work space

Ha, ha!  It's contagious!

Debbie:
and start sorting fabric into different shapes - strips, squares,found some triangles

I'm finding the scrap basket cutting/sorting is really slow going.  Luckily, we're going through a rainy period here, so I can't get anything done in the garden anyway.  Good luck with your project!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,350
Points 28,505
Marsha-SM replied on Sun, Jun 9 2013 1:24 PM | Locked

I'm finally getting back to the college quilts I am doing.  I finished all the 124 blocks last week after finally getting all the fabrics I need, including the backing.  That has been the worst part of this quilt - over 30 different fabrics just for the block centers!  Finally got blocks divided for the 2 quilts so there are very few identical repeats in either quilt.  Have laid out the top 24 blocks for one quilt and am now sewing them together.  There is another 24 to lay out for the bottom and 2 vertical strips of 7 blocks to assemble.  Then I have to lay it out somewhere large enough with the center panel and then decide how to border that to fit the center.  Hopefully I will have that much done on one quilt today and if I can find a place large enough to take a picture, I should have something for you to see soon.  Graduation is barreling down on me right now!  Grandson's 2nd Prom - at his girfriend's school this time - was last night!  I need to post pictures of the proms  for him and his cousin.  Have good ones for his first prom with both boys and girlfriends and hope I can get a good picture of last night from one of their Facebook pages (the only way I can ever get pictures from these "busy" people!!)

We just finished a late dinner, so off to the sewing machine I go!  I am getting my exercise because I am walking around my huge cutting table (kitchen table with sheet of paneling and cutting mat on top) after each vertical strip of 3 blocks so that don't get them scrambled - want to distribute the light, bright, and dark backgrounds and types of animals evenly, if possible. Here is a picture of the panel for the center.

I am days behind on what everyone else is doing, but will catch up on that when I need rest breaks - (that will probably be quite often!)  Yesterday I had a very bad, dizzy, brain-foggy day, so just spent the day riding in the truck.  That doesn't help the body and mind, but does give me something to do and keeps Rich company and keeps him from getting too sleepy.  I feel much better today.  I seem to be reacting to an old medication I have been taking for years.  I think it is dropping my blood pressure too low.  I didn't take it last night (have been taking a split dose since I had the same problem years ago). 

Hope this posts - have not even been able to get on the site the last 2 days especially through email connections and have been getting the dreaded SORRY message when I have posted recently.  I don't repost until I have checked if the message has actually posted in spite of the warning - and it usually has!!!  That stops some of the duplicate posts. 

Marsha - Western New York

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 601
Points 9,570
Joyce replied on Sun, Jun 9 2013 3:38 PM | Locked

Debbie, very nice banner.  I really like it.  You are set for July now.

Joyce

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 48
Points 760
Valerie replied on Sun, Jun 9 2013 4:00 PM | Locked

The panel you chose is so nice. Your grandson is very lucky to have a grandma who loves him so much.

My grandmother gave me a quilt when i graduated and i still have it after all these years.

He will treasure it forever.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,765
Points 67,060
Bonita replied on Sun, Jun 9 2013 4:24 PM | Locked

You ladies have done some beautiful quilts, banners and purses. I finaly finnished one and gave it to DGD's VPK teacher. It is one one Nana's MQs but can't remember what #. Brain freeze and to lazy to look it up. lol

• | Post Points: 95
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 79
Points 1,185
swedeami replied on Sun, Jun 9 2013 4:24 PM | Locked

I went to a series of classes called scrap therapy and the first project was to organize scraps.  I got a rolling stack of bins with drawers from a garage sale, they have them at Walmart too.  I cut scraps into 1.5", 2.0"' 2.5"', 3.0" scraps and 5" strips and squares.  Anything smaller or trimmings went into pillowcases for shelter dog beds.  Anything bigger was cut into above categories.  It takes a LONG time to iron and cut to get organized but once the job is done, you are SO organized.  I asked about 4" squares and the teacher said there aren't many quilt patterns that call for 4" anything.  Hope this helps anyone with bags and boxes of scraps they don't use cause it's too much of a hassle to find what you need.....karen j jones

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 79
Points 1,185
swedeami replied on Sun, Jun 9 2013 4:32 PM | Locked

I forgot to say that I keep batiks separate from all other fabrics, but treat them the same way when preparing my scraps.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,686
Points 120,760
Judy Taylor-Bellingham replied on Sun, Jun 9 2013 4:34 PM | Locked

Really pretty Bonita. That's MQ6.  

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Page 18 of 75 (1114 items) « First ... < Previous 16 17 18 19 20 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use