Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #8

Page 15 of 75 (1114 items) « First ... < Previous 13 14 15 16 17 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,113 Replies | 38 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Mon, Jun 3 2013 1:07 PM | Locked

Roxanna

That makes perfect sense.  It is sort of like stuffing a particular area of your quilt.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Mon, Jun 3 2013 1:28 PM | Locked

Debbie-do:

Tonight I worked on a little quilt... sort of.  I bought a card making kit at the quilt show last weekend.  Tomorrow night I'm going to a John Deere themed baby shower.  I forgot to take a picture of the baby changing roll that I made with JD fabric, but I remembered to take a picture of the card!  It's paper pieced. The block is 2 1/4"

Debbie, this is such a great card. This would be a good thing for the mom to frame and use in the nursery. You rock!

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Mon, Jun 3 2013 1:39 PM | Locked

Marie:
my twister wreat

Love the twister wreath, Mine, I made a year or so ago, is still to be quilted. Your's is certainly beautiful!

Sukochi

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,362
Points 37,135
Linda replied on Mon, Jun 3 2013 2:46 PM | Locked

Yesterday I started the blocks for our family's 20th annual reunion except when I got all the blocks made I kept going and now I almost have the top of the quilt done. The problem is I may run out of one of the filler fabrics that goes between the blocks and Connecting Threads is out of it. Oh what to do???? I'm going back to the sewing room soon and praying that I'm going to have enough fabric. I'm piecing in many places. Can't wait till it's done so I can get everyone's opinion. Should be done tonight or tomorrow morning.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Mon, Jun 3 2013 3:31 PM | Locked

I finished two baby quilts over the weekend.  Hope to get pics today.   If the day cooperates...LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,749
Points 38,840
ls2116 replied on Mon, Jun 3 2013 10:34 PM | Locked

Roxanna that makes sense to me it'll all come back to my memory once i find this single picture.  Its one someone else took and gave me so it probably didn't make it into photo album. a needle in the haystack describes my mission.  I'm thinking about starting on one of my block of month kits just to keep sewing for now.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 102
Points 1,730
winurse replied on Mon, Jun 3 2013 11:49 PM | Locked

I worked on the quilt for my newest granddaughter due on Aug.22.    Got four squares done today.   The more that gets done the more I want to work on it.    I love baby quilts,  they are so cheerful.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,362
Points 37,135
Linda replied on Tue, Jun 4 2013 5:57 AM | Locked

I have 2 borders to put on the family reunion quilt and hope to have pics later today. My original plan was just to have the blocks cut out and I'd put it together when  I got home from Amish retreat, but once I got started I couldn't stop! So now I have to catch up on the things I was working on before I decided to cut out the blocks for the reunion quilt.

I finished up everything  for the Amish Country retreat. And I'm almost finished with some items for a friend who wants to sell some of my things at a craft sale. I have some other things that are cut out but I haven't put together yet...that should fill up one day. I would also like to get another AZ retreat center quilt ready to put on  my machine. The fourth quilt is done except for sewing the binding to the back.

I'm just way too busy. But the days go faster and I don't have time to get bored.

Everyone have a quilty happy week..

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Tue, Jun 4 2013 9:25 AM | Locked

It's raining!!!   You know what that means?.....   Sewing day!  Yippeee!  I think a new purse is on today's list.  Talk to you later....

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,587
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Tue, Jun 4 2013 9:33 AM | Locked

Wish we had some rain...then I wouldn't have to mow the lawn today and I could finish the binding on my Log Cabin quilt.  Got it sewn on the front, and about 1/4 of the way on the back...maybe this evening I'll get a chance, that is if the DGS's decide to go home tonight instead of blessing grandma with their presence again.  I guess I should be thrilled that they want to spend time here, but they just want my computer (I have 3 of them so everyone can be on at one time) and now the remote controlled cars that grandpa bought them yesterday to the tune of over $500.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 77
Points 1,015
Cindy replied on Tue, Jun 4 2013 11:20 AM | Locked

I have been working on a lap quilt for my oldest daughter for the past two weeks. Finally finished the top last night. Now on to marking and readying it to quilt. I want to take it with me on vacation when I will have more time to quilt. She love all things Japanese, so this quilt is a Japanese theme. I have had such fun with it. Lots of appliqué. I may finish this one in record time! The last three I made simultaneously for my granddaughters. They had 15 blocks each that were hand embroidered. It took me a year just to do that! It took another year to piece and quilt them. They turned out well (if you don't look tooo closely). I'm enjoying this one immensely. I'll upload a pic when it is done.

Here is one of the quilts I made for my granddaughters.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Tue, Jun 4 2013 11:29 AM | Locked

Cindy

Very pretty quilt.  I love the embroidery.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,129
Points 17,430
weezee56 replied on Tue, Jun 4 2013 11:30 AM | Locked

Cindy Great quilt.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 77
Points 1,015
Cindy replied on Tue, Jun 4 2013 11:38 AM | Locked

Thank you Nana and WeeZee56. I really enjoyed the embroidery. I enjoy handwork a lot.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 77
Points 1,015
Cindy replied on Tue, Jun 4 2013 11:40 AM | Locked

Debbie, I love the card! A great idea for the men in your life....or women since my daughter and sister are big JD fans.

• | Post Points: 50
Page 15 of 75 (1114 items) « First ... < Previous 13 14 15 16 17 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use