Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #8

Page 14 of 75 (1114 items) « First ... < Previous 12 13 14 15 16 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,113 Replies | 38 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 2,570
Beth replied on Sat, Jun 1 2013 4:41 PM | Locked

Marie,

I can sympathize with you on the heat, we too were in the 90's and DH has been working massive amounts of overtime and hasn't done the yearly maintenance to the central air and wouldn't allow us to turn it on....just the ceiling fans :(!  (The upside to that, is I can get my bernina in for a tune up, and maybe find a few more pieces of fabric for my stash). The Twister is beautful, I love the color combination....what about doing gridwork in the center spaced around 1- 1/1/2 inches? and then maybe a scroll pattern in the border area?? Just an idea?

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,574
Points 177,993
Marie replied on Sat, Jun 1 2013 5:18 PM | Locked

Debbie, I love both your twisters, very pretty!  Thanks for the idea of going around the shapes with gold metallic thread.  Your mini is just too cute!  Is there a twister tool that small?

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,574
Points 177,993
Marie replied on Sat, Jun 1 2013 5:24 PM | Locked

Karla, Nana, Beth, thanks for the compliments on my twister.

Karla, you'll love working with the tools, it's fun.

Nana, Kitten and I are having a good time, love her.

Thanks for the quilting ideas Beth.

Millbury, MA

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 608
Points 9,680
Joyce replied on Sat, Jun 1 2013 5:46 PM | Locked

Marie & Debbie both your twisters are great.  Looks like a hard project.  Marie I don't know how you would quilt it.  But anyone that can put that twister together can certainly do a wonderful job on quilting it.

Joyce

• | Post Points: 0
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,610
Points 48,335
Debbie-do replied on Sat, Jun 1 2013 6:19 PM | Locked

Marie:

Debbie, I love both your twisters, very pretty!  Thanks for the idea of going around the shapes with gold metallic thread.  Your mini is just too cute!  Is there a twister tool that small?

Thank you!

Marie, I have 4 sizes of the Twister tool.  The bigger ones are from CS Designs and the smaller two are from Primitive Gatherings. I'm pretty sure I used Lil' Twister for the larger quilt and with careful cutting I was able to use the smallest (Itty Bitty) with the scraps. 

Itty Bitty measures 1.5", next size is 2.25", Lil' Twister is 3.5" and regular Twister is 8".  I believe you can do the same thing by cutting carefully and using scraps with the regular Twister and the 2.25" one.

Southwest of San Antonio

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Sat, Jun 1 2013 8:01 PM | Locked

Marie and Debbie, love your twisters

[Ava, Missouri

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Jun 1 2013 8:42 PM | Locked

Marie:
Not to mention the 90 degree weather and only one air conditioner in the window.  I literally couldn't do a thing

It was a cool wet day here in Minnesota, so I thought I would enjoy a relaxing day indoors sewing, but a friend from the old neighborhood drove up for DH's birthday, so instead we spent the day chatting.   I'll have to see what tomorrow brings....

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Sun, Jun 2 2013 6:18 PM | Locked

I can't believe I actually machine quilted the Log Cabin quilt for the TaeKwonDo instructor.  I'm not real happy with the job I did, but it will have to do as I refuse to frog (unsew) another quilt.  My machine was really acting strangely today...don't know if it is an electrical problem in the house (we have an old mobile home), a bad surge protector or the machine, but it kept slowing way down on it's own and making large stitches (which I did frog and redo as it happened).  Anyway, now to do the binding and the label and that will be one UFO out of the way.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,610
Points 48,335
Debbie-do replied on Sun, Jun 2 2013 6:29 PM | Locked

Thanks, Leslie & Joyce :o)

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,892
Points 32,810
Roxana replied on Sun, Jun 2 2013 6:31 PM | Locked

Karla:

I can't believe I actually machine quilted the Log Cabin quilt for the TaeKwonDo instructor.  ...  Anyway, now to do the binding and the label and that will be one UFO out of the way.

Way to go, Karla! I wish I could say the same about my UFO's! I'm sure yours looks great.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,846
Points 40,250
ls2116 replied on Mon, Jun 3 2013 11:36 AM | Locked

Posted Nephews quilt!  On to my next one which i ordered a book on trapunto quilting can't wait til i get it.  I'm looking through photographs for a pic of a quilt i made about ten years ago it was a stuffed heart design that i made way before i had a digital camera.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 77
Points 1,015
Cindy replied on Mon, Jun 3 2013 11:49 AM | Locked

Hello ladies, I'm new to this forum thing and I don't know how to start a conversation! I have been reading your posts and I know I can reply to them, but how do I initiate a comment. Thanks for your help.

Cindy in NC

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,892
Points 32,810
Roxana replied on Mon, Jun 3 2013 12:22 PM | Locked

ls2116:

Posted Nephews quilt!  On to my next one which i ordered a book on trapunto quilting can't wait til i get it.  I'm looking through photographs for a pic of a quilt i made about ten years ago it was a stuffed heart design that i made way before i had a digital camera.

In a Free Motion Quilting class I took last week, she said to get the trapunto effect, double layer the batting where you want it with a Poly-Fil batting on top and quilt. Does that make sense? In other words, you wouldn't have to double layer everywhere.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,892
Points 32,810
Roxana replied on Mon, Jun 3 2013 12:26 PM | Locked

ls2116:

In a Free Motion Quilting class I took last week, she said to get the trapunto effect, double layer the batting where you want it with a Poly-Fil batting on top and quilt. Does that make sense? In other words, you wouldn't have to double layer everywhere.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,729
Points 437,100
Nana replied on Mon, Jun 3 2013 1:06 PM | Locked

Cindy

You do the very same thing you did for this comment.  If you are responding to someone in particular you put their name at the top of your post....just like I did in this one.   If you are posting something in general you still use the reply button on a previous post.   Hope this helps.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 35
Page 14 of 75 (1114 items) « First ... < Previous 12 13 14 15 16 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use