Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #8

Page 13 of 75 (1114 items) « First ... < Previous 11 12 13 14 15 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,113 Replies | 38 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,240
Points 19,255
weezee56 replied on Thu, May 30 2013 7:34 PM | Locked

Your back yard look great.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 505
Points 10,210
tnmtgrl replied on Thu, May 30 2013 9:22 PM | Locked

MNnancy:

tnmtgrl:
I don't machine quilt...only hand...I would like to learn machine quilting, but right now I just do hand.

You do beautiful hand quilting!  I love the look.  Why bother learning machine?

.Thank you Nancy very much....I guess I would just like to be able to produce more faster, but I do really enjoy the hand quilting , it helps me to relax.

newport, tennessee

"may there always be work for your hands to do"

• | Post Points: 0
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,195
Nana replied on Thu, May 30 2013 9:27 PM | Locked

Beth

The weeping willows are gorgeous.  Wish I could have one but all it would do is get into all the pipes run through the yard.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,630
Points 48,795
Debbie-do replied on Thu, May 30 2013 9:44 PM | Locked

Tonight I worked on a little quilt... sort of.  I bought a card making kit at the quilt show last weekend.  Tomorrow night I'm going to a John Deere themed baby shower.  I forgot to take a picture of the baby changing roll that I made with JD fabric, but I remembered to take a picture of the card!  It's paper pieced. The block is 2 1/4"

Southwest of San Antonio

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,912
Points 40,960
ls2116 replied on Thu, May 30 2013 11:03 PM | Locked

Great card Debbie!

I'm making strides on my quilt.  Also my irises some have like a yard long stem found them laying on the ground.  they must've buckled from their weight so i staked them up.  Just not use to seeing them down on the ground like that? 

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Thu, May 30 2013 11:30 PM | Locked

Debbie, what a perfect card.  Good job and I am sure the recipients of that and the quilt will be thrilled.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 2,560
Beth replied on Fri, May 31 2013 9:34 AM | Locked

Nana,  we planted those trees from clippings when we first bought the property back in 1991, and that is why they are on the back side of our pond, our leech field is in the front of our house..we have codes up here that say we can't have any trees near our fields! They are one of my favorites!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,681
Points 179,378
Marie replied on Fri, May 31 2013 10:41 AM | Locked

Debbie, love the card, the baby changing roll must be so cute!  What thoughtful gifts!

Millbury, MA

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 505
Points 10,210
tnmtgrl replied on Sat, Jun 1 2013 7:04 AM | Locked

Debbie-do:

Tonight I worked on a little quilt... sort of.  I bought a card making kit at the quilt show last weekend.  Tomorrow night I'm going to a John Deere themed baby shower.  I forgot to take a picture of the baby changing roll that I made with JD fabric, but I remembered to take a picture of the card!  It's paper pieced. The block is 2 1/4"

Debbie....this is really awesome....very nice!

newport, tennessee

"may there always be work for your hands to do"

• | Post Points: 0
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,630
Points 48,795
Debbie-do replied on Sat, Jun 1 2013 8:46 AM | Locked

Thank you all for the compliments on the John Deere card!  It was fun to make and well received by the mom-to-be as was the matching baby changing roll-up.  This is her 4th child, 1st boy.  One of the guests at the shower brought her 3 month old son with her and the 3 girls had fun 'practicing' with him... all very gently and well supervised of course!  :o)

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Sat, Jun 1 2013 12:38 PM | Locked

I used the exact JD fabric on a quilt I made for DGS3 a couple of years ago.  He is a JD fanatic.  I love the card, it is so unique and will really compliment the gift.

I haven't been able to do any sewing this past week with all the dental and doctor and graduation and award ceremonies.

Oops, gotta' run right now, DG2 needs me and my truck to pick something up at WalMart.  What would these kids do without their mother.  Guess while I'm there I'll see if they have some more plants for my garden.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,681
Points 179,378
Marie replied on Sat, Jun 1 2013 1:27 PM | Locked

Beth, I got so tired running from Kitchen, sewing room, sunroom on Thursday that I couldn't work on my twister wreath yesterday.  Not to mention the 90 degree weather and only one air conditioner in the window.  I literally couldn't do a thing but today I finished the top of the twister wreath on Kitten, my FW, and I'm ready to layer and quilt it.  Any ideas on how to quilt this twister?  Anyone?

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,630
Points 48,795
Debbie-do replied on Sat, Jun 1 2013 1:39 PM | Locked

Marie:

Beth, I got so tired running from Kitchen, sewing room, sunroom on Thursday that I couldn't work on my twister wreath yesterday.  Not to mention the 90 degree weather and only one air conditioner in the window.  I literally couldn't do a thing but today I finished the top of the twister wreath on Kitten, my FW, and I'm ready to layer and quilt it.  Any ideas on how to quilt this twister?  Anyone?

Very pretty Marie! I like how you used all different fabrics in the wreath.  When I quilted mine I didn' t do any Free motion but I did use some gold metalic thread...

and on my mini quilt I stitched in the ditch and added some gold beads...

Southwest of San Antonio

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Sat, Jun 1 2013 2:46 PM | Locked

Marie and Debbie, your twisters are gorgeous.  I bought the twister rulers a while back, but haven't even used them yet, but maybe seeing the beautiful wreaths will inspire me to get them out and do something with them.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,195
Nana replied on Sat, Jun 1 2013 2:57 PM | Locked

Marie

Beautiful wreath.  Really don't have any ideas on quilting at present.  You and Kitten did a great job.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 65
Page 13 of 75 (1114 items) « First ... < Previous 11 12 13 14 15 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use