Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #8

Page 5 of 75 (1114 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,113 Replies | 38 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,041
Points 169,833
Marie replied on Sat, May 25 2013 9:30 AM | Locked

Thank you for answering Is' question about the slider, Donna.  I originally bought the small SS quite awhile ago but more recently I bought the Sew Slip brand like Debbie-do because of the pricing and I am also pleased with it.  In any case they are expensive but I wouldn't even attempt to do the little FMQing I do without it.  My little one is used for pot holders, etc.  and the big one for the larger quilts.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,041
Points 169,833
Marie replied on Sat, May 25 2013 9:34 AM | Locked

Judy, your Lollipop Hill is gorgeous and your label is so sweet!  You save that quilt for your future GG kids, it's a treasure!

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,041
Points 169,833
Marie replied on Sat, May 25 2013 9:41 AM | Locked

Patti, can't wait to see your Crane finished, I love the background you made for it, it will be beautiful!

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,119
Points 110,615
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Sat, May 25 2013 9:44 AM | Locked

Marie:

Judy, your Lollipop Hill is gorgeous and your label is so sweet!  You save that quilt for your future GG kids, it's a treasure!

Thanks Marie. I do intend to keep it. It's hanging on my quilt rack for now. I hope my granddaughter pops a great grandkid before I check out but if not, I pinned a note on the back that it's for her. I do intend to be around for at least another 20 years (gads, I'll be OLD) so there's a pretty good chance I'll get to hold a great grand.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 0
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,119
Points 110,615
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Sat, May 25 2013 9:55 AM | Locked

Patti, Wow, you're going to needle turn those skinny legs? I want lessons from you. I'm so disappointed not to be going to the Oregon retreat but one of these years I'll hit you and/or Gini up for lessons. Not sure if I have the patience for needle turn but I really should give it a try.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,342
Points 38,935
Mimi replied on Sat, May 25 2013 10:40 AM | Locked

I need some help with deciding on the borders for this small quilt.  I am taking Jo's Little Women club at my LQS.  Thought it might bring me out of my funk and revive my creativity.  We are getting instructions and tips on making 12 of Jo Morton's designs with her fabrics.  What a racket.....Anyway this little beauty is ready for the 2 1/2 inch borders but I'm having trouble deciding which one to pick.  So I know you all can help me make the best choice.  I know which one I'm leaning toward but would like some input from all of you.  So which to you think is better, the red, the black/brown, the pink or the brown/blue?  There will be cornerstones attached at......the corners.  lol

• | Post Points: 95
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,162
Points 15,470
Susan replied on Sat, May 25 2013 10:54 AM | Locked

Mimi, I think the red flowers or black brown. I like Jo Morten. Pretty quilt.         Susan

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,119
Points 110,615
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Sat, May 25 2013 11:00 AM | Locked

Mimi, I like both the bottom red floral and the brown/black on the side. I think I lean more towards the red floral but either one would look beautiful.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Sat, May 25 2013 1:10 PM | Locked

Mimi

I like the red at the bottom.   It seems to frame the blocks better in my opinion.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,642
Points 61,860
Jacy replied on Sat, May 25 2013 1:25 PM | Locked

Mimi, I really like the red floral too, it makes the reds in the quilt pop.

I like the black/brown fabric too, it would give the quilt a bit more of a subdued look.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,041
Points 169,833
Marie replied on Sat, May 25 2013 1:45 PM | Locked

Judy T-Bellingham:

Marie:

Thanks Marie. I do intend to keep it. It's hanging on my quilt rack for now. I hope my granddaughter pops a great grandkid before I check out but if not, I pinned a note on the back that it's for her. I do intend to be around for at least another 20 years (gads, I'll be OLD) so there's a pretty good chance I'll get to hold a great grand.

Judy, you'll surely be around in 20 years to hold a GG!  What's "old"?  Only a state of mind, look at me, I act like a teenager most of the time so I'll be living forever!  :  )

Millbury, MA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Sat, May 25 2013 3:54 PM | Locked

Mimi

I personally like the bottom flower border, it would set off your lovely squares without overpowering them.  The top border would also be very nice, the richness of it color is a perfect frame.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Sat, May 25 2013 4:26 PM | Locked

Mimi, I like the blue on the top and the red on the bottom.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,275
Points 26,990
Marsha-SM replied on Sat, May 25 2013 6:50 PM | Locked

Mimi, I agree with MNnancy but I like the black/brown also.  I would just hide the pink for another project and pick your favorite from the other 3.  All would go very well - the blue will draw out the blue, the red would be the most cheerful, and the black/brown would be the most subtle.  Have fun finishing this quilt. 

I am having fun putting Attic Window sides on many wildlife prints for grandson & grandnephew's college quilts.  Wore myself out today getting one side on half of the 124 blocks I need so will leave the machine for the night and resume tomorrow.  Still waiting for a few more fabrics to make enough blocks. Probably have some suitable fabrics in my stash, but these are special quilts so want some special fabrics.  The cost isn't going to be special, though!! 

Marsha - Western New York

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,090
Karla replied on Sat, May 25 2013 7:11 PM | Locked

My first choice is the black/brown on the right side, second choice is the red floral on the bottom.

• | Post Points: 35
Page 5 of 75 (1114 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use