Page 1 of 75 (1114 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,113 Replies | 38 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,935
Points 258,030
QCA Admin Posted: Wed, May 22 2013 10:08 AM | Locked

Hello,

Because this thread is so popular, and it gets so many replies which can sometimes cause performance issues, we will continually add new "versions."

The last post of Did you work on a quilt today? #7 is here.

The original thread was started on October 17, 2009 by Althea.

Thanks,

QCA Mandy

• | Post Points: 80
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,612
Points 178,568
Marie replied on Wed, May 22 2013 11:50 AM | Locked

Karla, don't know if you knew that Petco sells crushed walnuts by the qt. under the reptile supplies.  Guess I'm too late telling you that since you have a 50# bag already, sorry.  If you purchase a geico   (sp) for your grandsons you could use it at the bottom of the cage instead of sand.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,612
Points 178,568
Marie replied on Wed, May 22 2013 11:53 AM | Locked

Julienne, love your DD's quilt, she must be very happy with it.  Are you an empty nester now?

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Wed, May 22 2013 12:36 PM | Locked

Marie:
Karla, don't know if you knew that Petco sells crushed walnuts by the qt. under the reptile supplies.

We don't have a Petco nearby and I certainly won't be buying my grandsons any gecko's, their mothers would kill me and I don't want them in my house.  But thanks for the info, my DH will be able to use some of this in his reloading activities.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 465
Points 7,395
Julienne replied on Wed, May 22 2013 1:44 PM | Locked

Marie:

Julienne, love your DD's quilt, she must be very happy with it.  Are you an empty nester now?

Thank you, she does love it. She grew up playing the  Alto Saxophone, so it was perfect.  I am a true empty nester now unless you count my two dogs who think they are human. They sure act like it sometimes LOL.   Is it bad that I already have plans for her room?????

Julienne - Mid Missouri

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 640
Points 9,640
MaggieNae replied on Wed, May 22 2013 5:44 PM | Locked

...just getting on the new thread.  No quilting for me, but I did buy a long arm frame and Janome 1600P on Ebay and am in the process of setting it up with the PC Quilter that came with it all.  It will quilt rows about 5" wide automatically once I get it all set up.  Then I hope the answer everyday is "Yes.  I did work on a quilt today."

Wish me luck.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,373
Points 28,870
Marsha-SM replied on Wed, May 22 2013 6:05 PM | Locked

Some very poor pictures just to show I actually DID finish MQ 8.  I got the last border on last night and pressed the top.  It sure doesn't look it now!!  Because of the size, I can't hang it in the house - ceilings only 8 feet!  I tried some pictures on the lawn (very rough and lots of dandelions popping up to make lumps.  Also I was fighting the wind, especially in the corner shot.  The right corner is in a hole!!!  Lawn needs lots of work - nephew had cows running everywhere every day until he finally sold out, so all our lawns suffered! 

The quilt measures about 72 x 101 - Nana, not a tent by your standards, but is huge for me!  Don't know how I am going to quilt it on a standard machine, but will try.  This one will probably go to one of the granddaughters for college.  At least it will cover the long bed!  I think I have enough of the dark for the binding.  Now I have 2 college quilts for the girls - MQ 6 - quilted by Amish girl and waiting for binding, and MQ 8.  I cannot afford having the Amish girl do the rest of the quilts, so will have to figure out how to handle them myself. 

Started on the 2 quilts I need for Grandson and Grandnephew last night.  Those Attic Windows blocks will be a snap after these blocks, set-in seams and all!  Hope to take a few pictures of some of the blocks and the center panels this weekend,

OOPS - - - - forgot the pictures!!!  Thank goodness for EDIT.  This top cost only about $25 or less because all fabrics were bought on sale years ago and were in the stash.  The boys quilts will cost at least $100 more each because of the special fabrics I am using!  The panels were $8.98 each at Walmart for a starter.  I am still buying wildlife fabrics for them.

Marsha - Western New York

• | Post Points: 110
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,373
Points 28,870
Marsha-SM replied on Wed, May 22 2013 6:16 PM | Locked

Another OOPS - - - I took the picture of the only corner that didn't line up!  The rest are perfect.  Somehow one side ended up 1/4" shorter.  I should have frogged and eased the difference, but it was late at night, so here it is, warts and all.

Marsha - Western New York

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,618
Points 48,375
Debbie-do replied on Wed, May 22 2013 6:21 PM | Locked

Marsha, I hadn't noticed until you said something!!  I think it's lovely.  Your border looks wonderful with the rest of the quilt!  Good job.

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 817
Points 15,530
Carol from Pittsburgh replied on Wed, May 22 2013 6:28 PM | Locked

Marsha, Your quilt is so pretty! I really like your border. It goes very well with the blocks!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Wed, May 22 2013 6:58 PM | Locked

Very pretty quilt, Marsha,  Good job!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,612
Points 178,568
Marie replied on Wed, May 22 2013 6:59 PM | Locked

Marsha, your MQ8 is lovely, love the borders!

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,077
Leslie replied on Wed, May 22 2013 7:01 PM | Locked

Marsha, very pretty

[Ava, Missouri

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Wed, May 22 2013 7:09 PM | Locked

The only sewing I did today was to stay-stitch the outside of my log cabin quilt to get it ready to put on the frame.  I'm hoping this stay-stitching will keep the quilt from stretching out and causing those ugly old wrinkles and ruffles on the borders.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,224
Points 16,470
Susan replied on Wed, May 22 2013 7:51 PM | Locked

Marsha-SM:
I took the picture of the only corner that didn't line up! 
                                 Marsha, I Love, Love, Love, your quilt !!!   If you did not say anything about the corner I never would have noticed. Do you have a pattern?  I would like to make this one. Its beautiful ! Great Job !    Susan

• | Post Points: 50
Page 1 of 75 (1114 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use