rated by 0 users
This post has 1,417 Replies | 33 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Wed, Jul 24 2013 1:51 PM | Locked

Lesley

I kind of thought it would be George too.  There hasn't been a George in awhile.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,324
Points 19,935
Carolyn (CarolBeau) replied on Wed, Jul 24 2013 3:05 PM | Locked

I am sorry to see you leave the site, Sukochi.  I wish you all the best.  

Raleigh, NC

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,108
Points 410,894
gini replied on Wed, Jul 24 2013 3:31 PM | Locked

have a great time at quilt odyssey, mimi

gini in north idaho

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 697
Points 11,405
Bev replied on Wed, Jul 24 2013 3:38 PM | Locked

Lesley:

Nana the new prince is called George Alexander Louis nit as long as I thought but I was right about George!

Lesley, that is a nice name. I wonder what they will call him, do you know yet?

from TN

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 697
Points 11,405
Bev replied on Wed, Jul 24 2013 6:00 PM | Locked

Mimi, is that Hershey,PA ? I read or heard somewhere that you can smell the chocolate in the air, is that true? 

from TN

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,108
Points 410,894
gini replied on Wed, Jul 24 2013 6:21 PM | Locked

Yes bev, you can smell the chocolate as you drive intotown.   A very bad place for me.

11years ago wendy was the first of this group to get pregnant.   One of the spouses in each couple started grade school together, and 11 years ago they started going to this spot on the coast and the core group goes every year.  What special memories these kids will have to look back on.   Big kids and little kids.

Crud, the picture won't post.   Well, there are now 11 cherubs from 2 to 10.    I'll work on the picture.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Wed, Jul 24 2013 6:41 PM | Locked

Grew up in Maryland so on trips to Hershey we could smell chocolate and there are Hershey kisses on top of each light pole!  Now I live about 8 miles from M&M Mars factory  in Tennessee and we can smell chocolate based on wind. And at Halloween, mars has a street set up called Treat Street and give BAGS of candy to each child!!!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 697
Points 11,405
Bev replied on Wed, Jul 24 2013 6:45 PM | Locked

Gini, did you follow your nose straight to the factory? lol      My DH and I were on a road trip that went through Vermont and you could smell the maple syrup in the air. I may need to plan a road trip to PA.

from TN

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,371
Points 48,735
Ginny replied on Wed, Jul 24 2013 6:52 PM | Locked

Whew, Gini.     I am glad it was you having the problem posting the picture and not my computer acting up again.   Which reminds me, I wonder if CC got her computer fixed.  I miss her posts.  Sprout is going to be full grown before we hear from her again, I think. 

Umm yes, you can certainly smell the chocolate when you are in Hershey.  Makes me wonder if the people that live there get so tired of the smell that they don't even care to eat it?     Ginny

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 697
Points 11,405
Bev replied on Wed, Jul 24 2013 6:52 PM | Locked

nantenn, they have a GooGoo cluster factory here and it is a good thing It is far enough away that I can't smell any chocolate. I haven't had a GooGoo cluster in a long time but have a box of Hershey candy bars on my dresser at all times but they are mainly for me DH.

from TN

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,339
Points 38,890
Mimi replied on Wed, Jul 24 2013 7:29 PM | Locked

Hi bev,

yes it's true you can smell the chocolate in the air.  I'm staying at Hershey Lodge and they give you chocolate bars when you register and at all the classes there will be baskets of different kinds of the chocolate candy they make here in Hershey.  They did recently outsource most of the work and jobs to Mexico but some is still made right here. Tonight at dinner the waiter gave me 5 semi-sweet kisses with my check.  This is Chocolate Town USA.  Lots of excitement here. Saw Pepper Cory, Bonnie Hunter, Mimi Dietrich and Norma Campbell going to instructors' meeting after dinner.  Gonna do some string blocks tonight so I won't have so many to make when I get home.  I only need 72 light/neutral blocks and 72 brown blocks.  Got two done last night too.  Everyone have a great evening.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,407
Points 62,030
Bonita replied on Wed, Jul 24 2013 8:58 PM | Locked

Best wishes to you,Jen and DH on your 35 th. may you have 35 more.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,036
Points 169,793
Marie replied on Thu, Jul 25 2013 8:08 AM | Locked

Congratulations to all who are celebrating an anniversary.  My DH and I made it to 50 years before he passed 5 years ago.  Oh how I miss him still.  Wonderful man, wonderful father.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,036
Points 169,793
Marie replied on Thu, Jul 25 2013 8:10 AM | Locked

Sukochi, I wish you would rethink your decision, you will be sorely missed.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Thu, Jul 25 2013 9:43 AM | Locked

Phew, finally caught up reading this thread after being out of town for a week and a half.  Still out of town, but now we have Internet and it's raining outside.  Marie and Angele, Randy had a good laugh when I read aloud the comments on legs some pages back.  I missed a chance to get pictures of him in shorts on our first day in Vancouver, but it's been long pants ever since.  The weather has been delightful (until this morning), but mosquitoes are pesty here in Alaska.

Here are pictures of some of my favorite sights!

Ketchikan:

Skagway:

Denali:

Juneau:

There was a quilt shop there, too, but this is of our whale boat captain - for Marie!

I intend to pull together the best shots of our trip and post them in my blog when we get home next week.  In the meantime, I'll leave you with a picture of an icy glacier to cool you down on a hot summer's day...

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 65
Page 93 of 95 (1418 items) « First ... < Previous 91 92 93 94 95 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use