Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #8

Page 92 of 95 (1418 items) « First ... < Previous 90 91 92 93 94 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,417 Replies | 33 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,421
Points 40,355
Mimi replied on Wed, Jul 24 2013 7:59 AM | Locked

Today is the day I go to Hershey for Quilt Odyssey.  Every year I ask if anyone else is going....but no one but me seams to be addicted to this show.  I'm taking classes every day.  Linda Hahn (New York Beauties Diversified), Nancy Bill  (Accu-Cut), Lisa Bongean (Primitive Gatherings), and Bonnie Hunter (String Fling) will be my instructors.  Not to mention the quilt show and the merchant mall.  Hope to bring back lots of photos to share.  Everyone have a great weekend.  Here on the east coast the temperatures are supposed to moderate...finally.  

• | Post Points: 95
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Wed, Jul 24 2013 8:08 AM | Locked

I guess I am on a tear today!  Geez!

Want to get back to working on the borders of the quilt. I took a couple days off to rast the old bones and get over this tummy trouble. Pharmacist suggested Probiotics (as did nantenn) That is the wonder drug!

Did anyone else watch the season opener of Who Do You Think You Are?, last night on TLC? Great one with Kelly Clarkson. What struck me most was what a down to earth person she is. Cute as a bugs ear.   That is why I do genealogy. When we find out from where we came, we find ourselves. I have a friend who I am doing her genealogy. I found a person who had a picture, she shared of this friends great grandmother. IN church, she came up to me and said she thought all her ancestors would be heavy because that is what she was raised to believe. She has been struggling with weight issues for so long, calling it genetics. So, now she knows to stop denying who she had been told was the root cause.

Sitting on the porch this a.m. So quiet in the country. Only sound is the birds ( and the occasional Rooster crow. Does EVERYONE have chickens now??  I think there are chickens in half the yards around here. 

So, daylight's burnin'. Have a great day.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,496
Points 30,450
Diana replied on Wed, Jul 24 2013 8:22 AM | Locked

Sukochi,    Deal with it is sometimes impossible.  My husband has severe PTSD from Vietnam and his mother thinks and says  "Deal with it and Get Over It".  He would if he could.  He's had to deal with this for 45 years.  The things he did, saw and experienced were pure h-e-l-l.   Unless you've walked a mile in someone elses shoes and know what they have dealt with or experienced, it's not fair to just say "Deal with It".  We are both dealing with his disorder the best way we can and he needs his meds to cope with life or he would have ended it years ago.  He sees a Shrink and takes meds.  He has to.   Please don't tell people to "Deal with It".  It hurts everyone concerned.

Diana in East Tn. 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 643
Points 12,580
Carol from Pittsburgh replied on Wed, Jul 24 2013 8:42 AM | Locked

Mimi:

Today is the day I go to Hershey for Quilt Odyssey.  Every year I ask if anyone else is going....but no one but me seams to be addicted to this show.  I'm taking classes every day.  Linda Hahn (New York Beauties Diversified), Nancy Bill  (Accu-Cut), Lisa Bongean (Primitive Gatherings), and Bonnie Hunter (String Fling) will be my instructors.  Not to mention the quilt show and the merchant mall.  Hope to bring back lots of photos to share.  Everyone have a great weekend.  Here on the east coast the temperatures are supposed to moderate...finally.  

Mimi,  I guess I forgot or didn't know about this show.  I may have taken a drive out there for a couple days.  There aren't too many of these within a few hours of driving.  I hope you have a great time and enjoy all your classes.  Remind me the next time there's a Pennsylvania show!  Great weather today in Pgh, too. After days and days of either lots of rain or awful humidity, it feels good to be outside.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Wed, Jul 24 2013 8:50 AM | Locked

Diana, I am not talking PTSD, I am talking not wanting to face our problem with everyday life, and let drugs do it for us. Getting answers to where our anxiety comes from, and learning skills to overcome it naturally, without resorting to drugs, to just smooth it over, is the best way. When we lament that "life is so hard" we are just making excuses for how we are coping.  I am NOT making light of war related trauma, not for one minute. I have two neighbors who think the Vietcong are in their yards! My heart goes out to them. I am talking about seeing a problem, in our life, and not facing it and fixing the source of it. I have got to be the most misunderstood person in this world. I have been down the road IS is now on. I have Bipolar disorder. And, it burns my a** when people say "Oh, well, I am Bipolar so am not responsible for my actions, as I can not help them". I AM on psych meds but I am also certifiable and certified!. I have spent time in a mental hosp. I have learned my triggers and how to get help. Yes, I am on meds and have seen the horrible consequences of life without them. However, that said, I found from counseling, that these drugs are required FOR ME. "Normal" people (whatever that means) can get by without it, if they seek help to find, and fix, the cause. DH agrees with what I have said. This is not a rant, just common sense.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Wed, Jul 24 2013 8:54 AM | Locked

Oh, Mimi, Primitive Gathering people are MY people. You are lucky!!! I am envious.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,503
Points 50,705
Ginny replied on Wed, Jul 24 2013 9:38 AM | Locked

Gee Mimi, I wish I lived close enough to go, but it is too long of a drive for me from Michigan.  I love that area.  Went to the Kutztown festival years ago and wish I could go back to that too, but the only friend I have that has people in that area doesn't sew, can't sew, and won't sew.  I tried to get her to do that years ago.  LOL     Have fun for me too.   Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Wed, Jul 24 2013 10:00 AM | Locked

NOTICE: I am disconnecting the emails from QCA. I am not participating in this club and more. I will fulfill my obligations to the swaps/Christmas I have signed up for. IF you would like to stay in contact with me, though email, please contact me at jameslee@ellijay.com

I really care about all of you but I have just had enough.

Sukochi

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Wed, Jul 24 2013 10:40 AM | Locked

Sukochi:

NOTICE: I am disconnecting the emails from QCA. I am not participating in this club and more. I will fulfill my obligations to the swaps/Christmas I have signed up for. IF you would like to stay in contact with me, though email, please contact me at jameslee@ellijay.com

I really care about all of you but I have just had enough.

Sukochi

SUKOCHI!

So sorry you chose to leave us once again.  Just when we were getting to know (all of us) one another better each day.    You need to let anything you do not like to wash over your back like a waterfall.   I truly don't think anyone meant you any distress, but we lean on one another sometimes more than we realize. 

This is an awesome site even with all our differences, we learn and share so much.  I will miss you, praying your pain will be brief and time will heal your wounds.

See you in Marietta in September at the show.  You can friend me for my e-mail and phone number.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 449
Points 8,560
Jan replied on Wed, Jul 24 2013 10:43 AM | Locked

Congratulations. 35 years is a great accomplishment.  We are on the verge of 36.  We also were voted to be the first divorced. On DH side of 8 there are 2 of us still married. On my side only 1 out of 4 divorced.  Enjoy your time with DH and have a fun anniversary week!

Jan

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,333
Points 20,025
Carolyn (CarolBeau) replied on Wed, Jul 24 2013 10:51 AM | Locked

Congrats to all the anniversaries!!!

Raleigh, NC

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,450
Points 116,435
Judy Taylor-Bellingham replied on Wed, Jul 24 2013 1:22 PM | Locked

Sukochi:
NOTICE: I am disconnecting the emails from QCA. I am not participating in this club and more

Sukochi, you will be missed but you have to do what is best for you. Best of luck.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 265
Points 4,945
Lesley replied on Wed, Jul 24 2013 1:34 PM | Locked

Nana the new prince is called George Alexander Louis nit as long as I thought but I was right about George!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,537
Points 23,125
Susie replied on Wed, Jul 24 2013 1:40 PM | Locked

Judy T-Bellingham:

Sukochi:
NOTICE: I am disconnecting the emails from QCA. I am not participating in this club and more

Sukochi, you will be missed but you have to do what is best for you. Best of luck.

I second that, Sukochi. 

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,015
Points 15,510
weezee56 replied on Wed, Jul 24 2013 1:45 PM | Locked

Mimi, I hope you have a great time at the Quilt Odyssey.

Sukochi, I will miss you. I hope everything works out for you.

Lesley, I think it is a very nice name for the new prince.

Page 92 of 95 (1418 items) « First ... < Previous 90 91 92 93 94 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use