Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #8

Page 91 of 95 (1418 items) « First ... < Previous 89 90 91 92 93 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,417 Replies | 33 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 497
Points 10,005
tnmtgrl replied on Tue, Jul 23 2013 7:53 PM | Locked

Sukochi:

Congratulations, 35 years is no small feat! It is hard to keep a marriage together in this day and time.

thanks....tell me about it.

newport, tennessee

"may there always be work for your hands to do"

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,045
Nana replied on Tue, Jul 23 2013 9:30 PM | Locked

Lesley

I kept watching for the announcement....especially after I saw that Kate was in labor.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,045
Nana replied on Tue, Jul 23 2013 9:32 PM | Locked

Jen

Congratulations.  My DH and I will celebrate 40 yrs this November

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,449
Points 47,720
Angele replied on Tue, Jul 23 2013 9:36 PM | Locked

tnmtgrl:

Thursday is our 35th wedding anniversary...I have to work.... so we started celebrating today...when my DH asked me what I wanted to do I told him I really wanted to go shoot so we spent the morning at the gun range, then went out to a nice lunch and tomorrow we will go to dinner. As we were driving home today he looked over at me and asked me why we were still together when all our siblings have had at least one marriage fail...I said I didn't know but that I thought it was funny cause everyone thought we wouldn't last this long.

Tnmgrl, they said the same thing about DH and I. So far it's been 34 years and still going strong.  Happy anniversary and enjoy the good times. They're the ones worth remembering.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Tue, Jul 23 2013 10:20 PM | Locked

I married my DH at the age of 16 (he was 20), and everyone also said we wouldn't make it more than a couple of years.  Next month we will celebrate our 47th anniversary, and we survived his tour of duty in VietNam, some mild PTSD, and all of the normal trials and tribulations of marriage.  It hasn't all been smooth sailing, but we have survived it.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Tue, Jul 23 2013 10:35 PM | Locked

Today we spent all day driving around Lake Tahoe and showing my second cousin (first time we've ever met) all the sights of the beautiful lake.  We took DD1's in-laws with us...they have viewed the south shore of the lake, but never the western and northern sides of the lake where all of the really expensive homes are.  Stopped and had lunch at a restaurant which is right on the beach and we actually got to wade in the cool water.  Today was cooler than it has been this week at least, overcast and a few minutes of light rain, but only in the 80's instead of the 100+ we've had all week.  A good day, but glad to be home and resting.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,831
Points 39,980
ls2116 replied on Wed, Jul 24 2013 12:29 AM | Locked

Things have calmed down but I have a sadness bug that i can't shake going to dr. tomorrow .   Already know anti depresate anxiety med will help though i just hate having to take more medicine.

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,353
Points 20,380
Carolyn (CarolBeau) replied on Wed, Jul 24 2013 5:42 AM | Locked

Congratulations, Jen!!  :)

Raleigh, NC

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,353
Points 20,380
Carolyn (CarolBeau) replied on Wed, Jul 24 2013 5:50 AM | Locked

Is, sorry to hear you're not feeling well, but I'm glad to hear you are doing something about it.  Sounds like you have the right attitude. Do what you have to to deal with it so you can get on with your life. Hang in there. 

Raleigh, NC

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 24
Points 555
Tammy replied on Wed, Jul 24 2013 6:07 AM | Locked

It's funny how those "Made in Heaven" marriages everyone predicts will last usually don't, but the ones predicted to last a few months make it to the end. Maybe it's a hidden stubborn streak in some? My husband and I are 26 years apart (he older) and my mom gave us 6 months. Now at each anniversary (of which there have been 15) we laugh about how many times longer we've lasted than 6 months! Congrats and hope for many more! 

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,514
Points 30,780
Diana replied on Wed, Jul 24 2013 6:13 AM | Locked

Jen, Congratulations on your Anniversary.  Next month, DH and I celebrate number 45.  No one thought we'd make it either.  I was 19 and he was 21 when we  married.  We've had our ups and down but mostly ups.  We're now both retired and enjoying the fruits of our labors. 

Enjoy your life together.

Diana in East Tn.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,579
Points 26,450
Debbie replied on Wed, Jul 24 2013 6:40 AM | Locked

Diana:
We've had our ups and down but mostly ups

Congrats to Jen on your 40th anniversary on Thur.

anyways, to all who have lasted more than 25 years with their spouses (we'll celebrate 41 yrs in 12 days) I heard one underlying truth n everyone's posts - we survived, we had our ups and downs, we didn't give up.  and isn't that the real secret to a long marriage - you just don't quit!  you work things out, laugh together, cry together, suffer and endure but stay together and grow old together.  

I applaud all you who have lasted, actually, this is the best accomplishment in your life.  One of our preachers used to say the best thing to give your child was a mother and father who loved each other.  How true!  

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 497
Points 10,005
tnmtgrl replied on Wed, Jul 24 2013 7:22 AM | Locked

Thank you everyone for your wonderful comments...and congrats to all who are celebrating their anniversaries soon too!

newport, tennessee

"may there always be work for your hands to do"

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,571
Points 51,620
Ginny replied on Wed, Jul 24 2013 7:29 AM | Locked

Is,  I know just what you are talking about--have been there myself-- and with the thought of not wanting to take more meds, but just get over that thought and do it.  It helps a great deal being able to deal with life, and its ups and downs,  more easily.    Good luck.     Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Wed, Jul 24 2013 7:56 AM | Locked

ls2116:

Things have calmed down but I have a sadness bug that i can't shake going to dr. tomorrow .   Already know anti depresate anxiety med will help though i just hate having to take more medicine.

Is, sorry to hit you upside the head, but, have you not read what myself,, and others here, have said? Meds cover the symptom NOT the underlying cause. My Dr. won't prescribe for depression/anxiety with out a psych counsult. Fix the PROBLEM. Don't turn to drugs to cover the effect of the problem. Get tough, girl. Go get counseling and DEAL WITH IT.

Sukochi

Page 91 of 95 (1418 items) « First ... < Previous 89 90 91 92 93 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use