Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #8

Page 90 of 95 (1418 items) « First ... < Previous 88 89 90 91 92 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,417 Replies | 33 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Mon, Jul 22 2013 8:51 AM | Locked

Steroids, long term, are so bad for your body. Carolyn the increased appetite comes from that med. I was on 120mg for 6 months. I blew up from 165 to 225 so fast. My hands were so swollen, I could hardly use them. My face so bloated, my DLMIL didn't even recognize me when we went to get her at the airport.  I a so very happy to hear of your relief, but don't let them give you too much.

Messaged Sara, owner of the Lodge at Douglas Lake where us Smoky Mountain Mama's unleashed our mayhem. She had a text last week from Mary and will check in on her this week. So, thank the Lord, Mary is OK.

MY Bajer's Cyst was so bad last night, the pain was awful. I could barely walk. Took a Naproxyn and, so far, today, it doesn't even hurt.

More quilting today. Think I will put aside some time to cut out some pieces for an applique. Handwork  while watching TV in the evening is good to have available. As I can't sit still, it keeps me in my chair.

Off to get more coffee.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Mon, Jul 22 2013 9:19 AM | Locked

I knew I would miis church because  I am at nephews.  I know how to get here but that is all.  Get totally lost.  Going to check out the local quilt shop today   Lesley wants me to make a set of pillow cases for the beby' she is now two and wants a set like vher big sisters.  

Got to go home get house cleaned and then make them.  They will be coming down with my furniture next Sunday...so exciting!   Plus Kelsi wants to ride Princesa

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,486
Points 30,250
Diana replied on Mon, Jul 22 2013 9:44 AM | Locked

So far today, I've been to the bank, went to the post office to mail a couple blocks, did some hand stitching on a binding, cleaned up carpet where one of the fur babies brought back up their breakfast.  Have to figure out what to make for lunch for DH and myself.    Then want to spend the afternoon in my quilt studio cleaning up the disaster that is down there since I got back from Nana's and Smoky Mtn. retreat.  Looks like a bomb went off down there.  I just went into closet for something in my master bedroom and saw a bag in there that I'd forgotten about.  oops..lol   See, I need to clean up and straighten things up all over the place.  Anyone want to come and help??  I pay in fabric...lol

Diana in East Tn.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,090
Karla replied on Mon, Jul 22 2013 10:12 AM | Locked

Babysitting the almost 1 year old today...he's been here about an hour and I'm exhausted already.  So far he's pulled all of the fabric off of my cutting table, forced me to run around and find covers for the electrical outlets, and tried to pull the lamp off of the end table.  I've got him confined to his playpen right now, but I have a feeling it's going to be a long day.  I did finally buy a highchair so I'll be able to feed him a little easier than usual, but DD2 left the stroller so maybe I'll take him for a walk.  Gee it's only supposed to be 104 today, so guess I better do it early. 

I have a feeling there will be no sewing today unless the little tyke decides to take a nap.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,324
Points 19,935
Carolyn (CarolBeau) replied on Mon, Jul 22 2013 10:26 AM | Locked

Thanks Sukochi. My oral dose is not that high and mine are short term thankfully. I'm at a new allergist right now to try and find a longer term solution for the severe attacks that I keep having. I'm thinking maybe those shots I keep hearing about?  Has anyone tried those?  If so, were you happy with the results?  I am having severe (hives, swelling, anaphylaxis) reactions. 

Raleigh, NC

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Mon, Jul 22 2013 11:08 AM | Locked

Carolyn (CarolBeau):
having severe (hives, swelling, anaphylaxis) reactions

Oh, Carol, been there done that. It is so scary. I have never had to be intubated but the mere thought just scared me bad! Been in an ambulance more times then I want to remember though.  I have take steroid shots for my symptoms for years, whenever I had a bad break out. Not a problem. I am praying for you. I know how terrible this makes life.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,296
Points 45,850
Angele replied on Mon, Jul 22 2013 1:02 PM | Locked

Well today started with the dentist for a clean up, then grocery shopping and finally a visit with a friend who just had shoulder surgery.  She tires easily so I didn't stay long.  Now that I'm done lunch, I should get going on house stuff....

Angèle  from NWO

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,324
Points 19,935
Carolyn (CarolBeau) replied on Mon, Jul 22 2013 2:17 PM | Locked

Thanks, Sukochi.  That is very kind of you.  I remember hearing about your hives in the past and I don't *think* my stuff is quite as severe as yours is/was.  Or at least mine seems to be thankfully not as frequent as the outbreaks I remember you were having.  I've only had 3 times where it was bad enough that I had to go to the ER or even urgent care.  Then a handful of episodes of hives on top of that.  Did you ever determine what was causing yours and get it resolved or are you just lucking into fewer outbreaks lately?  

I have an order for some blood tests to be run today.  The allergist did not think that my reactions are related to any allergen per se, so he thought the shots wouldn't help me.  I was really hoping that would be all I needed!  He thinks I might have some kind of immunological condition that's causing it.  I suppose I'll know more once the results of the blood tests are in - another week or two.  

Raleigh, NC

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Mon, Jul 22 2013 2:46 PM | Locked

Carol, I have what has been diagnosed over and over as Chronic Urticari. Which means they have no clue where the hives/welts/outbreaks come from. I have every allergy test there is or ever was! Of late, I have not had one single episode in, probably, a month. Not one single hive! Not since I stopped some of my meds, had the gastric surgery, started on Doxepin for the hives. I do still, however, have the capillary bleeds under the surface of the skin that leaves discoloration of the skin, similar to "liver" spots. the bleeds are the size of a round pencil eraser and can be one single one or a bunch together. Currently, I have 4 together. They do not swell, do not hurt, nor itch. And, they most usually appear on the front of  my left arm just above the elbow. they originally began below the elbow on the left forearm.  I have also been told that it is an autoimmune disorder (maybe). I am just so happy that the welts and itching are finally gone after 15 years of constant suffering! I do so pray that your solution is easier to find then mine has been.

Sukochi

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 256
Points 4,675
Lesley replied on Mon, Jul 22 2013 2:55 PM | Locked

Not sure if anyone is interested but the Duchess of Cambridge (Kate) gave birth to a baby boy at 4.24 pm today 8lb 6oz no name as yet!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,119
Points 110,645
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Mon, Jul 22 2013 3:14 PM | Locked

Lesley:

Not sure if anyone is interested but the Duchess of Cambridge (Kate) gave birth to a baby boy at 4.24 pm today 8lb 6oz no name as yet!

Just watching it. I love the pomp and royal history. George asked why I was getting all teary. It suddenly occurred to me this was Diana's grandson and how sad she didn't live to see this day. I'm sure William is hurting at the same time he welcomes his son.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 438
Points 8,370
Jan replied on Tue, Jul 23 2013 6:35 AM | Locked

I did the allergy shots several years ago.  My initial reactions were with coughing and mild asthma within the first hour.  I did it for about 2 years and the breathing increasingly got better and the rest of the allergies and pain got A LOT better.  I rarely have any problems any more,

Jan

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,324
Points 19,935
Carolyn (CarolBeau) replied on Tue, Jul 23 2013 10:37 AM | Locked

Jan:

I did the allergy shots several years ago.  My initial reactions were with coughing and mild asthma within the first hour.  I did it for about 2 years and the breathing increasingly got better and the rest of the allergies and pain got A LOT better.  I rarely have any problems any more,

Jan

Thanks for sharing your experience, Jan.  I asked about them at my appointment yesterday, but the doctor didn't like the idea.  :-/  My new doctor is not convinced that my reactions are really due to an allergy.  He's thinking now that I might have an underlying immunological condition. He said that if my blood work comes back negative for those conditions that we can look into the shots again.  Thanks again for sharing.  It's good to know they work for some people!

Raleigh, NC

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 280
Points 5,325
tnmtgrl replied on Tue, Jul 23 2013 6:49 PM | Locked

Thursday is our 35th wedding anniversary...I have to work.... so we started celebrating today...when my DH asked me what I wanted to do I told him I really wanted to go shoot so we spent the morning at the gun range, then went out to a nice lunch and tomorrow we will go to dinner. As we were driving home today he looked over at me and asked me why we were still together when all our siblings have had at least one marriage fail...I said I didn't know but that I thought it was funny cause everyone thought we wouldn't last this long.

newport, tennessee

"may there always be work for your hands to do"

• | Post Points: 95
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Tue, Jul 23 2013 7:26 PM | Locked

Congratulations, 35 years is no small feat! It is hard to keep a marriage together in this day and time.

Sukochi

Page 90 of 95 (1418 items) « First ... < Previous 88 89 90 91 92 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use