Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #8

Page 89 of 95 (1418 items) « First ... < Previous 87 88 89 90 91 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,417 Replies | 33 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Fri, Jul 19 2013 7:31 PM | Locked

Yeah it is me....Nan from Tenn. 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,576
Points 36,070
ls2116 replied on Fri, Jul 19 2013 7:32 PM | Locked

Thanks everyone for your comments on log cabin blocks I'm going to attempt to make capitol steps to go with it but each round has corner stones and not sure how to start it.

Great table runner I seen a bit back.

I just got home from running BIL back to emergency 4th time this month he sure is having a rough go of it right now.

Glad to see site up and running.  

Joni can't wait to see what you come up with for your deck.  How are you doing?

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,826
Points 352,617
Kris replied on Fri, Jul 19 2013 8:22 PM | Locked

nantenn:

Yeah it is me....Nan from Tenn. 

Oh OK Nan. I forgot you are Nancy too. I'll add you as a friend.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,299
Points 45,925
Angele replied on Fri, Jul 19 2013 8:40 PM | Locked

Sukochi I love the idea of a quilt on your deck! 

I have looked at all the amazing things it all looks great.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 438
Points 8,370
Jan replied on Sat, Jul 20 2013 3:34 PM | Locked

Mimi,

Mine too! the daughters have little to no interest, but the son is a wonderful knitter.  He likes scarves best with funky types of yarns, but they come out nice. His daughter is my second granddaughter and at 7 is doing a good job learning the sewing.

Jan

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 24
Points 555
Tammy replied on Sun, Jul 21 2013 7:55 AM | Locked

Kris you should be able to click on the person's name and then go to their page where it will have a "message" button. If they send you a friend request FB usually lets it go through to their inbox, not the others folder. Optionally, they may have "message" under their name if you just hover over the name link with your mouse. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Sun, Jul 21 2013 8:08 AM | Locked

Not going to church today :(  Just still not feeling well and energy level is nada. And, my head is just not in the right place. Can't put my finger on it (that's not the problem!). Seems like there is a "something really upsetting me" undercurrent. Hope it passes soon.

Watching, rather, listening to Fox and Friends. Sad news (NOT!). Honey Boo Boo is retiring. What a shame. I will so miss not seeing Mam June and Sugar Bear once a week! Just kidding about watching that.

Y'all have a wonderful Sunday.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,299
Points 45,925
Angele replied on Sun, Jul 21 2013 8:09 AM | Locked

Sukochi, I have all three of the patch ability patterns. If you want to use the others let me know. I'll send them.

Sukochi:

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,376
Points 48,775
Ginny replied on Sun, Jul 21 2013 9:25 AM | Locked

Sukochi, I completely understand not being in the right frame of mind about going to church today.  The same feeling hit me.  The plan was there when I went to bed last night and got up this morning planning on it, but something happened- I don't know what and I just can't go.  I will do some bible study  at home to figure this out.

Going to my GGS 13th birthday party later today. Oh my, where did the time go?  He is the oldest GGS- a really super kid.  I babysat him for the first 3 years of his life on a daily basis.  Something good rubbed off on him with being with older people a lot of the time. I used to take him with me when I went to help my Mom who lived in a senior citizens complex.  He, of course, was a big hit with them as most of them didn't see their grandchildren often.--- Great memories     Ginny

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 423
Points 6,765
Julienne replied on Sun, Jul 21 2013 2:30 PM | Locked

Sukochi,

I think it was in the air today, I had all intentions as well of going to Church and just could not make it. Still not feeling well at all and my stress level seems to be growing every day  I get more and more tired and seem be sleeping more then I am awake. I go to the new Neurologist on the 29th, She has all my records from my old one and from my lastest hosp stay. Today I was able to log in and review my records/mris etc from my old Dr office and found that he left out telling half of what was wrong with me and just through meds at me that now do not make sense. Basically he did not know how to treat me. gggrrrr. So I am not getting much done like I want, which makes me feel twice as bad and puts more stress on me as I am one who does not like to sleep, but to push through and keep going no matter what. When I was suppose to be pn bed rest when I got home, it was like a death sentenance. 

Well enough on that. I am wearing out quick and I have to finish the laundry. 

Julienne

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,120
Karla replied on Sun, Jul 21 2013 11:04 PM | Locked

Spent the day yesterday with both DD's, their hubbies, and DD1's in-laws from Britain.  It was DD2's 35th birthday (I'm beginning to feel really old) so we took everyone out to dinner, then returned to DD1's home for ice cream, cake and presents.

Today, we again spent the day at DD1's, where her in-laws cooked us all a Sunday lunch/dinner of chicken, roasted potatoes, mashed potatoes and gravy, broccoli, bread sauce and Yorkshire pudding, followed by Lemon Meringue and Banana Cream pies.

Needless to say, I got nothing done around the house, which is fine with me.  It was 106 today and I had to run out in that heat and jump start DD2's car with a dead battery.  Tomorrow we are babysitting the almost 1 year old and we again have the 14 year old here, back from his Dad's with an attitude.

Tuesday we are going to Lake Tahoe to meet my sister, brother-in-law and a second cousin that none of us have ever met before, other than on FB.  We are taking DD1's in-laws and the 14 year old with us.  Hopefully, the blocks will start arriving the first of the week (as many have said they have sent them) so I can start laying them out.  I'm sure it's going to be a beautiful quilt.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,576
Points 36,070
ls2116 replied on Sun, Jul 21 2013 11:43 PM | Locked

Went to hospital to pick up BIL today .  He must be feeling better though I think it is steroid meds they put him on because he cut his own lawn!  Now everyone is in a uproar about that.  I just don't know what to make of it all, but i'm sure glad he is feeling better.  No sewing today for me but maybe tomorrow.  

Ginny hope you feel better tomorrow, and everyone else that had a odd day today guess we all have them from time to time.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,094
Points 14,135
Dawn replied on Mon, Jul 22 2013 7:10 AM | Locked

Running to town today to get some food.  DH is out of everything for his lunch!  Then lunch w/my DD and her kids!  I love it!  My summer visits w/my DGKs is over . . . sure do love the little people!  But it is also nice to be back to normal.  I love that we get to have them here!  We leave next week for a vacation w/all of our kids and grands!  That will wear me out!  But it is good for me!  They asked where I wanted to go and I said find me a quilt shop!  They said ok!  Love those kids!   Boy, I do like "!"  :-)  So, if anyone knows of a great quilt shop around Gurnee or Schamburg, IL or around Highland, IN let me know!!!  

I hope to get to my sewing room this week.  I want to keep going on my SS stuff.  :-)  Everyone have the most awesome week!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,376
Points 48,775
Ginny replied on Mon, Jul 22 2013 7:24 AM | Locked

Boy Is, I can attest to how good the steroids can make you feel.  I had to go on a fairly high dose, for me, for a couple of weeks due to extreme arthritis pain and I can tell you that within less than 1 day, I was feeling great.  It made me feel as if I could climb up onto the roof, If I wanted to--which I would never do.  LOL   

Sounds like things have calmed down a bit for you too.    Ginny

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,324
Points 19,935
Carolyn (CarolBeau) replied on Mon, Jul 22 2013 8:30 AM | Locked

Is, I second what Ginny says about the steroids.  I got an injection of long-acting steroids in my hip last week for an injury and then had a severe allergic reaction the next day, which required a second injection of high dose steroids.  I felt (and still feel) great!  Have been eating like crazy though.  I am probably going to gain 15 pounds before this is all over, but my appetite is tremendous.  I feel like I could eat a horse.

Raleigh, NC

Page 89 of 95 (1418 items) « First ... < Previous 87 88 89 90 91 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use