Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #8

Page 83 of 95 (1418 items) « First ... < Previous 81 82 83 84 85 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,417 Replies | 33 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,389
Points 46,865
Angele replied on Tue, Jul 16 2013 10:12 AM | Locked

Well here is my new baby machine!

And the tools I got...

Oops...pictures got mixed up.  No name yet as I've never named a machine, but I think this one needs it.... I think something like Adele after my DMIL and my grand mother.

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,127
Points 28,535
Wendy replied on Tue, Jul 16 2013 10:44 AM | Locked

awesome machine Angele, you will love it. 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,389
Points 46,865
Angele replied on Tue, Jul 16 2013 10:51 AM | Locked

Thanks Wendy, I just tried it and I love it! Now to cut and get ready to sew a baby quilt with it.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,397
Points 415,529
gini replied on Tue, Jul 16 2013 11:15 AM | Locked

angele, i see you have a new cutie living at your home. 

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Tue, Jul 16 2013 11:17 AM | Locked

I am getting ready to go visit Marge P in Wenatchee at the Rehab. Center!  Glad I can now open the refrigerator to take out the treats I had planned to take to her...

We had the power go out in the Methow Valley yesterday in the early afternoon...due to a wildfire taking out part of our transmission line near where Patti lives (maybe 15 miles from her house).  So we had a candlelight evening with no power and no opening the refrigerator or freezer doors!  It did convince me to do some hand sewing of EPP hexies and diamonds, so that was good.

Luckily, they got the line repaired overnight and we have power again this morning...Yipee!!!  There is no back-up or alternate power-line into this valley and we truly do live in fear of a major fire taking out that whole transmission line...which could mean literally weeks if not months without power.  Can you just imagine???  Unfortunately, there are people that are fighting that back-up line tooth and nail.  It's hard to understand their reasoning, but they are willing to oppose it at all costs.  

Patti, it looks like this didn't effect you.  I see you made a post late yesterday afternoon.  You must be off the Brewster power-line...lucky you!

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,585
Points 75,810
Karla replied on Tue, Jul 16 2013 12:02 PM | Locked

I swear I am going to sew today, but so far, I've mowed the lawn, weeded and watered the garden, picked a few tomatoes, blueberries and a bag of plums.  I still need to finish the vacuuming I started yesterday, and take and fold a load of towels out of the dryer.  DH and DGS are outisde working on DGS' truck (DGS is only 14-1/2 but plans on having this truck ready to drive when he turns 15-1/2...if, of course, his mother and/or father will sign for him to get his permit and then his license).

The younger DGS's are down in Sacramento for 5 weeks so I should be able to get something done, you'd think.  We're heading for triple digit temps again this week, so maybe I'll be able to stay inside and get some sewing done.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,333
Points 20,025
Carolyn (CarolBeau) replied on Tue, Jul 16 2013 12:13 PM | Locked

Karla, I might have said this before, but if not - I think it's cool that your DGS is working on fixing up the truck that he'll get to drive when he's old enough.  :)

Raleigh, NC

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,724
Points 66,480
Bonita replied on Tue, Jul 16 2013 1:25 PM | Locked

Cute new Baby Angele, Adele is a good name for her. I want one but don't need one, so on the fence about buying one.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 587
Points 9,320
Joyce replied on Tue, Jul 16 2013 1:35 PM | Locked

Karla, we are having high temps here in Maryland also.  97 earlier today but heat index is like 105, difficult to breathe when you go outside.  I think God for air conditioning.  HOpe you get some sewing done today. 

Joyce

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,353
Points 174,653
Marie replied on Tue, Jul 16 2013 3:34 PM | Locked

Donna B:
I am getting ready to go visit Marge P in Wenatchee at the Rehab. Center!

Donna, be sure to give her our love and lots of hugs.

Millbury, MA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Tue, Jul 16 2013 6:47 PM | Locked

Oh Ladies

Your pictures and stories are so wonderful, what a great online come home welcome.  Was up in Atlanta to see cardiologist at Emory some good, some bad.  Since being put on coumadin it has been a fight to get my i/r's up to where they can help me.  Anyway finally made it to 2.3 last week.  Dr. says if can keep those #'s or higher over the next 90 days he will put me in hospital and knock me out and shock start my heart in trying to get my heart beating regular.  So I need lots of prayers over the coming days and good reports for August and September, then perhaps things will change.

As it stands for now I have more things to do than possible, but I keep trying.  My Lord did not make me a quitter of fearful.  Tomorrow plan to mow and weed eat.  This is the rainiest summer I can recall, not complaining mind you, but it sure is hard to get ahead of weeds and grass.  I'm thankful for every drop, just hoping for a break so that I can catch up.

Sukochi...thanks!  Sounds like you are really enjoying doing so much for others, especially young mothers.  I would like to make some burp cloths, we have so many new mothers this year...praise God that we have many to prepare them for the coming days of newborns and being exhausted days on end.

Donna you sunset picture was awesome!  I look forwrad to some beauties in the coming days.  They are actually predicting sunshine for several days...that means sunsets.

I love the new Featherweight pictures and that lovely quilt top at last ready to be quilted.

Well going to try and read a couple more threads, fix a light supper and the head upstairs to bed and perhaps catch up on bible studay and a great novel also.  Slept all afternoon only to be woken by a dear friend I haven't seen in many years, 15 or more.  We had a lovely visit catching up on one another's lives.  Praying our next get together will happen soon.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,353
Points 174,653
Marie replied on Tue, Jul 16 2013 7:21 PM | Locked

Joni, my thoughts and prayers are with you, my friend.  I know your #'s will continue to be fine and things will be good  again.  God Bless you!  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Tue, Jul 16 2013 7:47 PM | Locked

Joni, seems like so many young couples today have such a hardship financially and then comes baby. These two had a rough start. She ran away from home, moved into his parents home, and then they got pregnant and got married. Backwards! Anyway, now they live in a shack, as she calls it. her mama said it is one room with a bath and closet. Out back of her MIL's house. These kids need all I can provide for that baby,

Joni, you are in my prayers. I will put out a prayer request at Church with the pastor tomorrow.

Goin' to bed. Had tummy trouble all day and not feeling very great.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,724
Points 66,480
Bonita replied on Tue, Jul 16 2013 8:53 PM | Locked

Today was DGDs 5 th birthday but we had her party on Sunday easier for everyone to get together than on a Tues. She had a great time playing with the kids. It's hard to believe she's finished VPK and now ready to start kindergarten. They grow up so fast.

• | Post Points: 65
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,705
Points 38,185
ls2116 replied on Tue, Jul 16 2013 8:55 PM | Locked

I'm doing baby quilt with 1 in. logs I call it baby navajo  don't know if name is fitting but its my first attempt at any log cabin and i guess i'm not doing something exactly right because the pieces to be sewn are shorter than the sewn ends of others.  

Other than that i'm doing alot of book keeping stuff right now.  Lucky if i can sew more than one block a day.

Quilting My Rainbow

Page 83 of 95 (1418 items) « First ... < Previous 81 82 83 84 85 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use