Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #8

Page 79 of 95 (1418 items) « First ... < Previous 77 78 79 80 81 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,417 Replies | 33 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,077
Leslie replied on Fri, Jul 12 2013 6:20 PM | Locked

Nana, i love to shop hop, i will be doing one the first of Aug.

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,180
Nana replied on Fri, Jul 12 2013 7:20 PM | Locked

Darlene

Tell Larry to quit playing with the pregnant sheep.....LOL>   I am so glad he is doing better.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 655
Points 11,290
zoetc49 replied on Fri, Jul 12 2013 7:37 PM | Locked

I finally went to Sally's and got hair color. I would love for someone to do my hair for me but I am cheap in that if I can do it, I will. Not too much gray yet, but just wanted to make my hair look better.  The manager left a place where all she did was color, so she suggested that I use the same color all over my hair as my base, and to use my natural hair color. Then she suggested tomorrow to use a frosting cap and pull out a few strands around the base of my head, with a color two shades lighter than what I am putting on right now. I hope this will give me the look that I want.    

Been irritated all day, I am guessing it's the heat. But it also might be that the other day I took my car to get a repair done to a "cheaper place" and the guy broke more than he fixed on my car, and I feel sure that he will not fix these things. The car is old, but I still want these items fixed. Then on top of that I had to take my vacuum cleaner in to get it repaired, and that is going to cost a lot to fix it. The only thing good about this is that this unit was given to me and the value of it is way more then the repair. Then my dog got ill and I had to take her to the vet. I took her to the low cost clinic close by the home, not sure how much that saved me as it was still expensive.

So, I am going to hope that the hair color makes me feel good...LOL  

I do wish that sewing took the stress out of me, but it does not, but I still enjoy creating things...but always happy when they get done. 

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 608
Points 9,680
Joyce replied on Fri, Jul 12 2013 8:04 PM | Locked

Mimi that sounds great.  I don't drive up there so I need to drag my DH along.  But he did pretty good this trip.  I'm afraid I need to wait a while to save up more $$$ before I go again.  But I will look forward to it.  It would be fun to have a friend help me pick colors.  I see all the beautiful colors everyone puts together and think boy do I need help.  I'm working on it.  I haven't been to the restaurant you  mentioned I don't think but my aunt has been wanting to go up with us to eat there.  Maybe in Aug. after my DGS goes to his job & life skills training school.  He will be living there during the week coming home on weekends.  We will have a bit of freedom.  I know what you mean about teaching the DGD I have one that wants me to teach her also.  She even got a sewing machine for Christmas.  I didn't see her for several months (long story) but recently was able to take her to the mall.  So I told her I would pick her up and go up to the church and look at her machine and see what we could do.  I'm excited that we can meet up in a few weeks.  How long does it take you to get to Lancaster?  Take care have a great weekend.

Joyce

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Jul 12 2013 8:09 PM | Locked

Karla:
I haven't really used my FW yet, so I plan to use it to piece the Jewel Box to make sure she is working great before I take her to the Oregon Retreat,

Woohoo!  Have fun, Karla!  Let us know how she does.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 0
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 608
Points 9,680
Joyce replied on Fri, Jul 12 2013 8:13 PM | Locked

Nana the Old Country Store in Lancaster was doing a shop hop also.  It was a strip of fruit blocks.  Look pretty.  They said Pa. & NY were doing the hops.  I thought too bad I didn't live close enough to go to the other shops.  But I have so many unfinished projects now I don't need another.  But I bought 2 more wall hanging kits while I was up there.  I'm going to go down and look thru all my projects and see how many I have.  That is a goal.  You gals hold me to it OK.  Have fun looking forward to the photos to see what your hops purchased.

Joyce

• | Post Points: 0
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 655
Points 11,290
zoetc49 replied on Fri, Jul 12 2013 8:16 PM | Locked

Okay, now this tops off my day...the guy who has always been there to help me with my home , he is moving far away. His Mom died last week, and I guess he will need to go help his Dad out. I understand his needs, he will be missed very much!!! 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,468
Points 41,125
Mimi replied on Fri, Jul 12 2013 9:40 PM | Locked

Joyce:
How long does it take you to get to Lancaster?

It depends on how much I want to get there. If I fly low I can get there in about an hour and a half.  If I do the speed limit about two hours.  If you want I could meet you on your way to Lancaster and then your DH could go home.  We could continue on to our hearts content and then I'd drive you home.  Do you come up  I-83 or some other way?  I live northwest of Philadelphia about 45 minutes so I go the back ways into the Lancaster area.  August sounds good.  I have some meetings the first full week, and work (oh, that four letter word) starts the last week on the Tues. - Thurs. before Labor Day.  So the second or third week would be best for me.  We'll have a great time.  I'll save my $$ too after I go to Quilt Odyssey in Hershey at the end of this month.  Gonna take some classes, one from Bonnie Hunter, and have some fun.  My DH has that weekend off so he is planning to come and stay with me on Friday and Saturday night.  Kinda like a little get-away weekend.  I sew and he reads. He's going to clean and oil my Featherweight so I can take her with me this time.  I 'm going to send the Janome in for a check-up.  Looking forward to our fun day in Lancaster Co.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 794
Points 12,820
Quiltless replied on Sun, Jul 14 2013 2:35 PM | Locked

YEA the QCA website is back online!  Thanks to the tech person who made that happen.

I miss QCA when it hiccups and goes offline.  Error messages are not friendly.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 794
Points 12,820
Quiltless replied on Sun, Jul 14 2013 2:39 PM | Locked

What am I up to today?  My hands hurt.  I'm not complaining.  Most women over 60 in my family get arthritis.  Many people have much worse problems so I'm not complaining, but they still hurt.  Makes it hard to work on quilting.  It is even hard to hold a book. 

I drove almost 3,000 miles last week and it really enflames my hands trying to hang onto the steering wheel that long.  I need to do that every few weeks so I can take care of my mother.  You should see her hands, poor thing.  But, she's 30 years older, so I should be graceful about it and appreciate the fact that I may have 3 or more decades left to enjoy.  I hope they cure arthritis in that time.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,615
Points 178,613
Marie replied on Sun, Jul 14 2013 2:42 PM | Locked

Ditto for me!  Thanks!  

A lot of the gals are over at Facebook.  I'm usually not on there but I missed QCA family so I went looking for them there.

Millbury, MA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,226
Points 18,945
weezee56 replied on Sun, Jul 14 2013 3:25 PM | Locked

HI everyone, I'm glad the site is back.

Not Ranked
Posts 25
Points 430
revkat replied on Sun, Jul 14 2013 4:08 PM | Locked

I am a new quilter and a new member.. Today I'm trying (without much success) to learn how to make a Lemoyne Quilt Block.

anybody out there who can help me out here???

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,805
Sukochi replied on Sun, Jul 14 2013 4:19 PM | Locked

Welcome to QCA revkat. I haven't an answer for you, but there is probably someone here that will be able to help. My suggestion would be a tutorial on youtube or, if you have a paid subscription here, QNNTV.

Sukochi

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sun, Jul 14 2013 4:23 PM | Locked

Hi everyone!  Looks like QCA is finally awake...it must have been a rough Friday night...LOL!  

It will probably take awhile for everyone to check in and see that it is up and running again.  But, from the sounds of it, there is even more activity for starting groups on Facebook.  

QCA...don't you know that you are "shooting yourselves in the foot!!!!  Your lack of communication and poor customer service is driving your prime customers and client base away...especially those that have been your best representatives and supporters (at least in the past).  I really hate to see this happen, but...

Winthrop, WA

Page 79 of 95 (1418 items) « First ... < Previous 77 78 79 80 81 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use